Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Need more booms and cruits!

2. TE Bowers for GA-- did we recruit him, where'd he come from? Can you imagine if we got him? Funny he's completely overshadowed and dominated Washington...

3. BBall-- looked sloppy again to start and should have blown them out. I know it is very early, but it seems like this has been the theme of Barnes teams--- hot and cold... We've got plenty of time to clean this up and we have Plenty of talent (probably challenging for Barnes to find the right mix on the floor), but if we are going to take that step and be elite or go far in the tourney, he's got to figure out a way to get this team playing conistently at a high level by Jan/Feb...
I mean we beat a team on the road by 15...at a place with its altitude...is very difficult to play. It is also more than likely end up being a quad 1 win. Some of yall kill me with the bball takes.

Dabo is Fulmer staring down the loss of prime Cut and Chavis right now IMO.

We saw how Fulmer fared without Cut. Now imagine how he would have fared in 2005 and 2008 without even having Chavis.

Party is over down at Clemson.
There's a lot more parralels between Clemson and TN than most would consider.

That said, Clemson is in arguably weakest conference in football.

I don’t want Dillon Gabriel…. I want Hendon Hooker.

Unless HH guarantees with 100% certainty that he will be back then we need a contingency plan. If we’re in “maybe” territory then Heupel has to get an extra QB on board.

15 points on the road is a blow out though...Colorado is a good team, UCLA only beat them by 12 and had them at home we're their biggest lost of the season.

We're going to have a lot closer games than a 15 point road win the rest of the year. I think one way Barnes is trying to get them playing consistently is by being willing to sit guys that the fans often complain he shouldn't and play guys that are doing it the way he wants. This is the first year he's had the depth and talent to really do that and us not see the team drop off. So if Bailey makes a bad play he can pull him and the team won't have a huge drop off with whoever replaces him.
Barnes has the luxury of playing the hot hand at the guard positions. ZZ, SV, Chandler, Powell, and Bailey give him depth with 3 ball that we have not had in the past. All play early in game, but hot hand gets more minutes as game progresses.

Dabo is Fulmer staring down the loss of prime Cut and Chavis right now IMO.

We saw how Fulmer fared without Cut. Now imagine how he would have fared in 2005 and 2008 without even having Chavis.

Party is over down at Clemson.
Hinges on the replacement hire, but he lended a dignity and respected defensive reputation to that Clemson mystique. Their defense has always been more his recruiting than Dabo’s closing. A lot of 5 stars wanted to play for him. Hole In The Roof posted about this the last couple of days when it looked like Lanning might be the choice. This could start the crumble or be an opp to energize the batteries pending how well Swinney chooses.

Unless HH guarantees with 100% certainty that he will be back then we need a contingency plan. If we’re in “maybe” territory then Heupel has to get an extra QB on board.
Gabriel isn’t coming here unless he is sure he is going to be starting…. I think the staff is fairly certain Hooker will be back…. He could always get a surprising draft projection and leave but I feel he will be here another year.

If you lose your conference championship game, you should be out. Period. Especially if it’s a blowout. Baylor should be in over Ga. And if not, ND

I disagree in current set up. In most years, a 2 loss Big 10 or Big 12 team, is most likely not a better team than a 1 loss SEC runner up. Even though I’d love to see UGA get shut out of the play offs.

Now if we had a set up where they expand NCAA Div. 1 to 128 teams in 8 sixteen team conferences, and each conference champ goes to an 8 team playoff, I’d be all for it.

Just going to be a rematch. Cincy doesn’t have the guys on the offensive and defensive lines to compete with Alabama.

Michigan plays right into the strength of Georgia’s defense which is their front seven.
They might just have the d-line to do it. They have some straight DUDES up there.

Hinges on the replacement hire, but he lended a dignity and respected defensive reputation to that Clemson mystique. Their defense has always been more his recruiting than Dabo’s closing. A lot of 5 stars wanted to play for him. Hole In The Roof posted about this the last couple of days when it looked like Lanning might be the choice. This could start the crumble or be an opp to energize the batteries pending how well Swinney chooses.
Clemson defense thrives on stealing other teams offensive signals. Venable and staff are very good.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
If you lose your conference championship game, you should be out. Period. Especially if it’s a blowout. Baylor should be in over Ga. And if not, ND

Completely agree. I'd rather Notre Dame in than Georgia. Since Notre Dame's only loss was a close one to the only undefeated team in the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back