Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of names starting to pop up in the portal. Gotta trust this staff to do their thorough investigating of a player before offering him no matter what his name is or what his stats say. Last thing the program needs is to go back to the toxic culture that existed prior to this year. That being said if they decide to take a chance on a Rattler or Zac Evans then I'm sure they feel like they can manage them.

Enough with the American made truck nonsense. Ridgeline is - unless you consider its assembly in Alabama being in a foreign country, which would be hard to argue.

The Most American Cars and Trucks You Can Buy Today

The Ridgeline, while certainly a very nice vehicle, does not fit my definition of a truck. My main point of contention is that a truck needs body on frame construction.

Since we're on this car thing, my daughter gave me a voucher to drive a supercar down at various tracks around the country as a Christmas gift last year. Covid, and other issues has delayed me doing it. I think next spring is when I'll schedule it. Which car should I choose?

View attachment 406447
I would probably go with the Ferrari. The Huracan would be my second choice...just because Ferrari and Lamborghini are two brands I'll probably never own or drive. I realize the cost of the Mercedes, Porsche, and McLaren...but I would rather have the experience of driving an Italian supercar just to say I've done it. I've always wanted to know what they're like to drive. If it was an Aventador instead of a Huracan, then that would be the pick.

Whether from JUCO or the portal (or freshmen who are ready to play) I think we need these #s of guys who can contribute immediately next year:

1 QB (assuming Milton and Bailey leave), 1 WR, 1 OL, 2 DL, 1 DB

My son is an EE senior at UT. In one of his classes the discussion is on EVs. Our grid is no where close to be able to handle a large switch to EVs. The surge when everyone gets home and plugs in their vehicle would cause a meltdown. They're studying ways to store energy for those peak surges.

Correct. I work in the energy industry.

I had something lengthy typed out discussing the energy situation in more detail, but I decided to leave it be. I'll just say the world today is backwards in many ways.

I will say, however, when you discuss batteries, EVs, and energy storage related to batteries and EVs, you have to discuss the raw materials related to such technology. I tempt anyone interested to research what those materials are, where they come from, and who the biggest investors currently are.

My son is an EE senior at UT. In one of his classes the discussion is on EVs. Our grid is no where close to be able to handle a large switch to EVs. The surge when everyone gets home and plugs in their vehicle would cause a meltdown. They're studying ways to store energy for those peak surges.
Personal hydroelectricity, Gov stipends for solar energy, or...giant batteries.

I had something lengthy typed out discussing the energy situation in more detail, but I decided to leave it be. I'll just say the world today is backwards in many ways.

I will say, however, when you discuss batteries, EVs, and energy storage related to batteries and EVs, you have to discuss the raw materials related to such technology. I tempt anyone interested to research what those materials are, where they come from, and who the biggest investors currently are.
Oooooo this is a fun rabbit hole to go down! I highly recommend

Would be cooler if you’d just tell us.. ain’t nobody got time for all dat

Last edited:

Chinese..some of us actually pay attention to this horse💩

God help me I hate the world we live in now...it has gone insane.
Same. I play MLB The Show a lot. I just checked to make sure, but the 1989 throwback uniform doesn’t have the hat. They make your wear the “C” cap instead of the chief wahoo one that they actually wore at that time. It’s small stuff to get upset about, but I mean hell they got upset about it being there so I’m gonna be upset it’s taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back