Offensive wrinkle

Memphovol

What do you guys think about this wrinkle for Tennessee?
We know Ole miss plays a 3-2-6. How about a package for Milton at QB and Whitehead at RB. Tell them to run downhill. No sideways runs. Run it between the tackles and fall forward.
Obviously not every play but in situations where we need 3 or 4 yards. Ole miss’s defense can’t stop it. That’s two big boys coming downhill

I think Coach Heupel can handle the game plan. I have a feeling he will have a few wrinkles.

I mean last Saturday we direct snapped to the TE, who then handed the ball to the QB on a sweep, who then handed to the WR on a reverse sweep lol.

The man has wrinkles in his offense other coaches have never even thought about.

CJH and staff will have our boys ready to rock.

You can also bet that our O playbook is much farther open than we've seen it before.

We might also see a new wrinkle or 2 on the D side of the ball too.

This is our 1st chance to play a ranked SEC team so I expect CJH to try everything he knows to help our kids get this really important WIN!

VFL...GBO!!!

Why would they be in a dime package on a running down when we only need 3 or 4 yards? Also, substituting in special packages like that works against our theory of tempo and keeping the same players on the field and running it fast.
Their defense is a 3-2-6 scheme. There will be entire series where they run nothing but that. They also don't blitz a lot indicating they don't trust their corners. Hence the horrible run defense they have.

Their defense is a 3-2-6 scheme. There will be entire series where they run nothing but that. They also don't blitz a lot indicating they don't trust their corners. Hence the horrible run defense they have.

If they are in that defense as their base, we do not need to substitute a special package, Hooker is a better runner than Milton and Evans is better than Whitehead so we can stay with our starters. I feel fairly certain that the coaches do not want to be shuttling in the second string QB, which allows the defense to substitute as well.

It's too bad Evans won't be able to go against a semi-weak run defense.

I don't know how Smalls will do, hopefully he will be able to juke past their first tackler for 5-6 yds on all the 1st down carries.

7fb50ec63a74c6a8afab12fbe9bd5c79--face-wrinkles-old-faces.jpg

So, you want to talk about wrinkles or, a smart game plan to destroy our foes?

If they are in that defense as their base, we do not need to substitute a special package, Hooker is a better runner than Milton and Evans is better than Whitehead so we can stay with our starters. I feel fairly certain that the coaches do not want to be shuttling in the second string QB, which allows the defense to substitute as well.
I never said we should put Milton in. Hooker is the man. I simply answered your question about why would they be in the 3-2-6.

I mean last Saturday we direct snapped to the TE, who then handed the ball to the QB on a sweep, who then handed to the WR on a reverse sweep lol.

The man has wrinkles in his offense other coaches have never even thought about.
I think the most underrated play this year was the Warren motion to fullback play action up the middle over the to warren for td. That’s play call. Want to know who has some sexy play calling right now is the Dallas Cowboys

VN Store

Back