Olympic Team announced

The revisionist history is just unreal here. People will just literally make up whatever story suits their preexisting biases and loyalties.

Re. "washed up ass" (such a lovely turn of phrase!)
Swin Cash was a WNBA All-Star in 2011, the last season before the 2012 Olympic team was announced. Did she go from WNBA All-Star to "washed up ass" in just 9 months? Or was this another evil Geno-orchestrated conspiracy to get her named to the WNBA all-star team as well?

Ashja Jones was MVP of the EuroLeague "Final Eight" in spring 2012, just before the roster was announced. Again, not exactly evidence of a player who was "washed up".

It's unbelievable how in 2016 people tried to say it was all Geno's fault because he actually picked the team. But now that Dawn's the coach and Geno is 1 of 5 committee members, now the coach has no power at all. And I guess all along the other committee members are somehow under some hypnotic spell where they decide whatever the evil Geno tells them to.

All the haters can just go kick rocks. People actually cheering for the USA to lose so that they can say "I told you so" and score petty points. Disgusting.
Thank you for this dissertation, still doesn’t change the fact that their washed up asses shouldn’t have made the team then. 😊

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Bird shows no signs of slowing down. Still the best pure PG in the world. Hopefully she will be in Paris in 2024 leading the way with some young guards at her side.

Bird shows no signs of slowing down. Still the best pure PG in the world. Hopefully she will be in Paris in 2024 leading the way with some young guards at her side.
Unless she changes her mind, this was it.
She's already stated that she's NOT going to play in the next Olympics.

She is still a good pg but far from the best in the world. I watched the whole tournament and she had good moments and a lot of bad moments.

Thank you for this dissertation, still doesn’t change the fact that their washed up asses shouldn’t have made the team then. 😊
In 2011 Swin Cash averaged 13.3 pts and was voted in as an All-Star. The All-Star game is a popularity game voting on by the fans driven and that's why it's flawed to an extent. She averaged 10.0 pts for her Olympic season. The only people who would believe that she was one of the top players in the world at the time was a partisan hack for the teams she played for.

Last edited:
The revisionist history is just unreal here. People will just literally make up whatever story suits their preexisting biases and loyalties.

Swin Cash was a WNBA All-Star in 2011, the last season before the 2012 Olympic team was announced. Did she go from WNBA All-Star to "washed up ass" in just 9 months? Or was this another evil Geno-orchestrated conspiracy to get her named to the WNBA all-star team as well?

Ashja Jones was MVP of the EuroLeague "Final Eight" in spring 2012, just before the roster was announced. Again, not exactly evidence of a player who was "washed up".

It's unbelievable how in 2016 people tried to say it was all Geno's fault because he actually picked the team. But now that Dawn's the coach and Geno is 1 of 5 committee members, now the coach has no power at all. And I guess all along the other committee members are somehow under some hypnotic spell where they decide whatever the evil Geno tells them to.

All the haters can just go kick rocks. People actually cheering for the USA to lose so that they can say "I told you so" and score petty points. Disgusting.

1) I never cheered for the USA to lose. I don’t care enough about the team at this point to put energy into that.

2) Jones and Cash were bench warmers during the London games — they were last on the team in minutes played, points and rebounds, despite being posts — and were not on the 2008 team — the last team that didn’t have Geno involved with the organization.

3) As long as Geno is involved period the organization will be political, because that’s the type of corrupt garbage he is. You don’t think him being involved has a lot to do with Collier being taken over Ogwumike? If you truly believe that then you’re even more stupid than you let on. Honestly I’m not comfortable with college coaches being involved with the team — let alone coaching it — because it will be used as a recruiting tool. This goes for Dawn, too. As long as college coaches are involved and the team can be used for recruiting purposes, the selections will be more and more political in nature.

4) You need to take your UConn loving ass and talk sh*t to someone who cares. I ain’t the one and this ain’t the board to try this BS on.

The problem you have with many of the picks is that there was a better player that was not picked. That is what it comes down to. Doesn't mean that any of those players were not good players just that they were not the best then or now. You can't deny that team USA got their butts kicked by the WNBA All Stars so that team was better why didn't we send them?

The problem you have with many of the picks is that there was a better player that was not picked. That is what it comes down to. Doesn't mean that any of those players were not good players just that they were not the best then or now. You can't deny that team USA got their butts kicked by the WNBA All Stars so that team was better why didn't we send them?

Great question. I'll just take a quick stab and guess maybe because Jonquel Jones plays for Bosnia-Herzegovina? And Vandersloot plays for Hungary?

Last edited:
Great question. I'll just take a quick stab and guess maybe because Jonquel Jones plays for Serbia-Herzegovina? And Vandersloot plays for Hungary?
Vandersloot was driven away from the US national team lol she is AMERICAN and Jonquel could have been naturalized by the US as well but they drove her away .....

1) I never cheered for the USA to lose. I don’t care enough about the team at this point to put energy into that.

2) Jones and Cash were bench warmers during the London games — they were last on the team in minutes played, points and rebounds, despite being posts — and were not on the 2008 team — the last team that didn’t have Geno involved with the organization.

3) As long as Geno is involved period the organization will be political, because that’s the type of corrupt garbage he is. You don’t think him being involved has a lot to do with Collier being taken over Ogwumike? If you truly believe that then you’re even more stupid than you let on. Honestly I’m not comfortable with college coaches being involved with the team — let alone coaching it — because it will be used as a recruiting tool. This goes for Dawn, too. As long as college coaches are involved and the team can be used for recruiting purposes, the selections will be more and more political in nature.

4) You need to take your UConn loving ass and talk sh*t to someone who cares. I ain’t the one and this ain’t the board to try this BS on.

In the end, people see what they want to see. And your use of the phrase "corrupt garbage" as well as your other choice of language, reveals how you're allowing your personal bias to color your perception. So be it.

FWIW If there's anyone who took Ogwumike's spot it was the players who played at post -- i.e. Wilson, Griner, Charles and Fowles. Atkins and Collier were added to address the void left at the wing by the absence of Moore, Delle Donne and McCoughtry. If just 2 of these 3 players had been available and healthy, safe to say Atkins and Collier wouldn't have been there, but that wouldn't have affected Nneka's status.

Reactions: olddog
Vandersloot was driven away from the US national team lol she is AMERICAN and Jonquel could have been naturalized by the US as well but they drove her away .....
Oh you mean, kinda like Becky Hammon was "driven away" and decided to play for Russia in 2008?

Oh but WAIT. That was in 2008 -- which someone just told me was before the evil Geno had sullied the national team with his corrupt influence. Quick! Someone rewrite the history to blame Geno for "driving away" Becky Hammon!

How exactly was Jonquel "driven away"? Tell me how that happened. Get out the popcorn folks, the storytelling here is rich.

Hopefully she’ll retire and we’ll never have to hear from her again, along with Taurasi.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Great question. I'll just take a quick stab and guess maybe because Jonquel Jones plays for Serbia-Herzegovina? And Vandersloot plays for Hungary?
That doesn't cover the other 10 plus players of which about half should've replaced some on the team.

It’s like other Olympics: The US women have no real competition, so winning is not really impressive. And, as usual, politics determined the roster. It’s also a recruiting tool, which is a conflict of interest. Pro players, college coaches? Let Lisa Leslie coach the Paris team.

It’s like other Olympics: The US women have no real competition, so winning is not really impressive. And, as usual, politics determined the roster. It’s also a recruiting tool, which is a conflict of interest. Pro players, college coaches? Let Lisa Leslie coach the Paris team.

It won't be Lisa Leslie. I just saw it posted that the next Olympic coach (for Paris 2024) will be Jennifer Rizzotti.

I'm not sure if this was a liberal use of irony, but just in case it wasn't...
Then Oregon would have to be considered on equal footing with the WNBA all stars.
Those were exhibition games and don't count for anything.
If Olympic team would've beaten the WNBA All-Stars, The pro Olympic selection team crowd would've use the game as why this or that player wasn't worthy to be on the Olympic team.
Oregon didn't beat the full Olympic squad.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Everyone keeps saying this. Has everyone forgotten that a full-strength US team lost the World Championships in 2006? I guess they conveniently drop this from their history because they can't blame Geno for it.

Just because they've made it look easy doesn't mean it's easy. Also it's pretty damn contradictory to claim that winning at the Olympics is meaningless and then throw a fit when your favorite player doesn't get to go.

Lisa Leslie? Is this a joke?

Last edited:
Reactions: Voldopia
Everyone keeps saying this. Has everyone forgotten that a full-strength US team lost the World Championships in 2006? I guess they conveniently drop this from their history because they can't blame Geno for it.

Just because they've made it look easy doesn't mean it's easy. Also it's pretty damn contradictory to claim that winning at the Olympics is meaningless and then throw a fit when your favorite player doesn't get to go.

Lisa Leslie? Is this a joke?

Huh?

VN Store

Back