Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand the "let's trash the new guy before he's coached a down" crowd.

What benefits accrue to you as a fan upon taking that stance?

How does that benefit the program?
The mistake you're making is assuming they're fans.

It's okay to look at the past and discuss concerns. I am concerned about how a defense will run opposite Heupel's offense. But that's not what's happening in here. Stats and facts are presented to show that Heup has improved offenses everywhere he's been, and those are dismissed, and a narrative is pushed forward. That isn't a discussion, that's pushing a particular viewpoint for a particular reason. It's very obvious.

You're so desperate. Keep it up.

I once stated sarcastically to you, "Beamer's a home run hire though!"

Your response, and I quote, "Honestly he might. He’s surrounded himself with good coaches and he’s gonna operate like a CEO. Plus he learned from a legend"

But yeah, you're just being a realist, just going with your gut! You're a joke
You keep a notepad of all my posts? 😂

Again, I’ve only ever brought Beamer up when you ask me about him or bring him up to me which is a lot.

I could see Heup being a homerun here too. But, I think our dumbass fans will run him out of town for the reasons I’ve brought up.

Reactions: 74volz
I'll never understand the "let's trash the new guy before he's coached a down" crowd.

What benefits accrue to you as a fan upon taking that stance?

How does that benefit the program?
Low risk, high reward for people that push this narrative. If they are right, they can crow about it later. If they are wrong, they just keep quiet about it.

You keep a notepad of all my posts? 😂

Again, I’ve only ever brought Beamer up when you ask me about him or bring him up to me which is a lot.

I could see Heup being a homerun here too. But, I think our dumbass fans will run him out of town for the reasons I’ve brought up.
Search history is your friend. Point is, you have a narrative, and it's obvious. Can't wait to see your scouting report this fall about how much better SC is going to be than expected

Search history is your friend. Point is, you have a narrative, and it's obvious. Can't wait to see your scouting report this fall about how much better SC is going to be than expected
You have thin skin and paranoia and it’s obvious.

SC just signed the worst recruiting class I’ve ever seen and they have no WRs. Any concern I have for them is long term but that’s minimal. You, however, seem to be thinking about Beamer quite a lot

Reactions: Catbone
Low risk, high reward for people that push this narrative. If they are right, they can crow about it later. If they are wrong, they just keep quiet about it.
The funny thing is, no one is in here making any kind of crazy predictions. I haven't seen anyone say that Heup is going to win a national championship. No one is saying he's a home run hire and he's going to get us back. No one has made these types of claims.

The only claims being made are based in fact. We've talked about Heup's development of QB's and his production on offense. These are undeniable facts. But SCfan and Kingston and others want to continually look for ways to ignore those facts and explain them away because narrative.

Pruitt was fired because the Haslam camp saw a chance to get rid of Fulmer so they blew nothing up into something. That whole mess was more about CPF than Pruitt.
Quite a conspiracy! Is that why both got raises and extensions right before the season? 🤔

SC just signed the worst recruiting class I’ve ever seen and they have no WRs. Any concern I have for them is long term but that’s minimal. You, however, seem to be thinking about Beamer quite a lot
We know that you're concerned about them. Thanks for admitting it.

Maybe because of your “concern” that we don’t share about a competing program?

I don’t like the guy but at 31 Phil had zero majors and he has 4. I really like his chances to surpass Phil for his career. I think there are 3-4 current players though that have a great shot of passing Phil for overall majors.
I don't givacrap how many majors he wins...until he starts winning more tour stops he ain't crap to me...I can't stand sandbagging guys like him.

Our terrible 2016 defense helped that average out tremendously.

2017 was helped out by two lame duck teams in UF and us (and really a third because Arky fired bielema as he walked off the field after the Mizzou game)
So one game bumped it up that much and three bumped it up that much more? Desperate math. 😏

Just don’t want to get excited again by pushing a desperately, positive narrative. Hope Heup proves me wrong but I, along with many others, hated this hire. Sticking with my gut on this one
You hurl your virtual VN body at any possible optimism. Casts doubt on your “hope” of being wrong.

As a fan, I’m concerned what rival programs are doing. Especially considering we’re on the verge of vanishing to the point of no return like Nebraska
Oh BS! Why would you be CONCERNED about their performance not being up to par with that rationale? You admitted you were concerned about them not doing well...now you’re backtracking!

Just like how people think I'm a Georgia and Florida and Alabama fan. Lots of folks don't want to talk about football in a realistic way. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back