So Fulmer will be paid through 2023

VolNGA1

It just came out that Fulmer is getting his buyout, of 50% of his salary through 2023. That begs the question, why on earth would an AD have a buyout. It's not like someone was going to try and steal away Fulmer? I thought he resigned? Since when do you get a buyout when you quit your job?

I was actually giving Fulmer credit for resigning and not costing UT any more buyout money, and then I read this on TOS!

It just came out that Fulmer is getting his buyout, of 50% of his salary through 2023. That begs the question, why on earth would an AD have a buyout. It's not like someone was going to try and steal away Fulmer? I thought he resigned? Since when do you get a buyout when you quit your job?

I was actually giving Fulmer credit for resigning and not costing UT any more buyout money, and then I read this on TOS!

Sounds like Fulmer may be the whistleblower

This is the most stunning thing of all. Our program right now is unquestionably the lowest it’s been in our lifetimes. Unquestionably. And fulmer is largely responsible for the current state. He back doored his way in the ad office and foolish choose Pruitt. He also chose to extend him when it was totally unnecessary. Watching Randy Boyd fawn over fulmer and praise him was so weird. I guess Boyd was thinking of it as a pr move knowing fulmer has a segment of the fan base that still supports him? That’s the only reason I could think of. But man this program is in the gutter. And currently is 100% a result of fulmer weeseling his way back in the building.

Last edited:
This decision will factor in to Pruitts lawsuit against the university, again demonstrating that the University just didn't want to pay Pruitt, the contractual obligation to run a clean program is actually broader for Fulmer as AD than it was for Pruitt as head coach, such that the university cannot defend paying Fulmer and not paying Pruitt.

Blonde Donde's presser was basically a wholesale admission to multiple NCAA level I violations (not simply allegations or concerns) which may be helpful in terminating Pruitt for cause, throwing the university under the bus, but will bury the program in NCAA penalties and by continuing to coddle and placate Fulmer and his ongoing money grab (they may give a skybox to boot) they are backing themselves into indefensible positions under Pruitt's contract which will cost them much, much more than the scraps they continue to throw at Fulmer.

Blonde Donde was so torqued the football team was struggling with COVID protocol in August, she tried to throw the Greek system off campus that month, extending Fulmer and Pruitt's contracts, maybe she should have paid a bit more attention to the other things that were getting ready to cost her and the state big buckets of hard earned money.

Last edited:
This decision will factor in to Pruitts lawsuit against the university, again demonstrating that the University just didn't want to pay Pruitt, the contractual obligation to run a clean program is actually broader for Fulmer as AD than it was for Pruitt as head coach, such the university cannot defend paying Fulmer and not paying Pruitt.

Blonde Donde's presser was basically a wholesale admission to multiple NCAA level I violations (not simply allegations or concerns) which may be helpful in terminating Pruitt for cause, throwing the university under the bus, but will bury the program in NCAA penalties and by continuing to coddle and placate Fulmer and his ongoing money grab (they may give a skybox to boot) they are backing themselves into indefensible positions under Pruitt's contract which will cost them much, much more than the scraps they continue to throw at Fulmer.

Blonde Donde was so torqued the football team was struggling with COVID protocol in August, she tried to throw the Greek system off campus that month, extending Fulmer and Pruitt's contracts, maybe she should have paid a bit more attention to other the things that were getting ready to cost her and the state big buckets of hard earned money.

Blistering with no rebuttal

**I have been an ardent Philip Fulmer supporter until I read this "crap" of him being paid 50% of his salary through 2023. Why???? He chose to resign and deserves his pay to stop when a new AD is hired. Look up the e-mail addresses of UT Chancellor and complain. This has to be stopped.

**I have been an ardent Philip Fulmer supporter until I read this "crap" of him being paid 50% of his salary through 2023. Why???? He chose to resign and deserves his pay to stop when a new AD is hired. Look up the e-mail addresses of UT Chancellor and complain. This has to be stopped.
Don't believe he CHOSE to resign.

It was clear to EVERYBODY he wasn’t really resigning. He was being fired.

If you’ve ever been in a bathroom stall and suddenly the door flys open as your pants are around your ankles......and there’s that awkward pause that feels like an eternity until the 2-3 people staring at you realize it’s a mistake and say “oh my bad”

Yeah this is a lot like that

Yes, Fulmer was "fired". You can call it a retirement or a resignation but yes, Fulmer was fired. Legally speaking, there's some ambiguity as to whether he could be fired for cause based on Section 8.2(b) and 8.2(c) of his contract. Due to that ambiguity, they agreed to a negotiated settlement that let Fulmer retire on his own terms and keep him in the good graces of the university for the institutional control defense the university will likely utilize to minimize the NCAA sanctions.

Another way of saying it, if we fired Fulmer for cause, we would essentially be admitting there was absolutely no institutional control going on.

VN Store

Back