Peerless Price

And we probably complained about being ranked that low.

It's true you don't know what you have until it's gone
No doubt we did hahah , I was a kid I didn’t know any different , I couldn’t comprehend losing at that age , that’s what I look forward to for kids that grew up in Saban , there souls will be shattered by a 10 win season, that’s so bad of me to say. , but I hate Bama

Tennessee was 45-5 during his career from 1995-1998, with 2 SEC Championships and a National Championship. We were more than just "relevant". The only programs you could say were better during those years were Nebraska and Florida. The landscape has changed and Tennessee hasn't changed with it.

Maybe not at that level again... but we are not permanent cellar dwellers. Incompetent leadership is the only reason for Tennessee football to be as bad as it is right now.
Yeah I just don't see it ever getting better. If it hasn't happened by now it's probably not going to.

Reactions: amorange
Ask Clemson fans of there is a timeline for resurgence.

Hell UGA last win a NC before I was born and I'm going grey.
Things can change quickly once you find the right coach. Clemson, South Carolina is a town about half the size of Maryville far away from their coastline. I never would have thought they would be able to pull 5 star players from California to that little town in the middle of nowhere.

Pretty sure there isn't a window, just the right combination of players and coaches, and a little luck when other teams are down.

What about an Administration that actually gives a damn about winning?

We’ve been playing musical chairs with bargain coaches since 2010.

Reactions: onevol74

We did.

I remember what we complained about in Knoxville...to have a 7 win season and wanting to fire the coach..those were the days!

We did.

I remember what we complained about in Knoxville...to have a 7 win season and wanting to fire the coach..those were the days!
There have always been "nega-Vols" even in the best of times. The "Fire Phil" crowd had their pitchforks out after the '96 Memphis game. I do remember that. Tennessee would go on to win 29 of their next 31 games after that loss... and it still didn't shut all of them up.

Can you prove that? Lol. No you can't. All signs point to Tennessee being at the bottom of the SEC for a long time to come. But hey, believe what you will lol

And can you prove what you said, absolutely not so believe what you want. And if you truly feel that way why stay around. Is it just so you can come on here and whine.

And can you prove what you said, absolutely not so believe what you want. And if you truly feel that way why stay around. Is it just so you can come on here and whine.
Nothing like Tn fans uniting behind a common cause of us being good again, can we not hope anymore ? Will the thought police revoke our hope privileges? Lol

That was back in the day of AOL sports boards and chat rooms. Yes, we complained about our ranking back then.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back