What irritates you the most at restaurants?

Heard so many good comments about Popeye's Chicken, so when they opened here I had have some... well, after sticker shock and under cooked product I was disappointed... tried a second time, and pretty much the same. Gave up on em and have not been back.

their red beans and rice, and dirty rice are quite good for a chain. Other than that I agree. My only trip, I ordered the Cajun catfish and chicken combo. At first the girl said they couldn't do that. until I convinced her to look at the menu behind her and that it was a menu selection. then, I got 3 filets no more than 4" on the longest one. And arguably the smallest chicken leg in the tray. I haven't ate there again. as far as the chicken and serving sizes, I can get more for my money at Bojangles and just as good, if not better.

Popeyes must have had some changes in the last few years. In 2009ish, I ate at the one in Augusta, GA pretty regular. I actually liked it quite a bit. This new one here, not impressed.

I don’t consider Popeyes or any fast food establishment a restaurant. Hardee’s breakfast is close.

true. It's a convenience. Additionally, I don't consider diners that heat everything from a can, red Lobster, or Olive garden real restaurants either. And probably other large chains. Maybe even Cracker Barrel. a lot of the menu from Red Lobster and Olive Garden is ready made frozen. The chef does more cutting bags open and heating than he does cooking.

Reactions: TopsideVol
true. It's a convenience. Additionally, I don't consider diners that heat everything from a can, red Lobster, or Olive garden real restaurants either. And probably other large chains. Maybe even Cracker Barrel. a lot of the menu from Red Lobster and Olive Garden is ready made frozen. The chef does more cutting bags open and heating than he does cooking.
I worked in an Olive Garden for years. Pretty sure that's not true. If you said TGI Fridays or Applebees, then yeah.

If thre thumb is in your drink, how are they not dropping it?? Oddly curious.
Grab the rim of the cup between your thumb and forefinger and carry the cup that way. Your thumb or index finger, depending on which one you put towards the inside of the cup, could get in the drink.

Heard so many good comments about Popeye's Chicken, so when they opened here I had have some... well, after sticker shock and under cooked product I was disappointed... tried a second time, and pretty much the same. Gave up on em and have not been back.

We recently had one to open here. A guy at work brought some in, and let me have a piece to try. It sucks.

Popeyes is the bomb, but to each, their own. I think the "under cooked" comment is a one off thing or characteristic of that location. Never had an experience of under cooked before.

Popeyes is the bomb, but to each, their own. I think the "under cooked" comment is a one off thing or characteristic of that location. Never had an experience of under cooked before.
May be I'm just partial to KFC, I love that place. However, Ingles has some awesome fried chicken if you ever get a chance to try it.

May be I'm just partial to KFC, I love that place. However, Ingles has some awesome fried chicken if you ever get a chance to try it.

Quite right. I'm not happy that there is not an Ingles in TN. Kroger's is OK but not like ingles. We did just get a new Publix. They have some good stuff, but it is terribly expensive. KFC was my dad's favorite meal.

Reactions: joevol33
Quite right. I'm not happy that there is not an Ingles in TN. Kroger's is OK but not like ingles. We did just get a new Publix. They have some good stuff, but it is terribly expensive. KFC was my dad's favorite meal.
There's an Ingles on Cedar Lane in Knoxville. One on Emory Rd. Another one on Oak Ridge Highway in Karns.

There's an Ingles on Cedar Lane in Knoxville. One on Emory Rd. Another one on Oak Ridge Highway in Karns.
I'm in Cookeville. We have a Kroger, 2 Food Lions, 2 Walmarts, Sams, Aldi, Publix, and Leo's Spring St Supermarket

Publix fried chicken is very good as are their breaded Spicy bone in wings.

Mostly just when waiters/waitresses fail to check in at my table. Especially if I'm eating something hot/spicy and I need refills. I've actually gotten up and filled up my own drink because my waiter disappeared. The manager saw me and came over and apologized.

VN Store

Back