VOLS w a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail right now...

It's not that complicated. Fix the damn OL and we will be much better. That's it. A good first step would be not completely wiffing on blocks.
You better fix the defensive line too. It sucked last year, and it will likely be worse this year. The good news is that Pruitt’s crew knows this and seems to be aggressively recruiting high quality offensive and defensive linemen.

Nebraska says hello, along with Minnesota. If you stay down long enough, you may never rise back up.

I didn't realize either of those were in the SEC. The new landscape of NCAAF has created a huge safety net in the form of mountains of cash and exposure. We have just been through the worst stretch in our history and have still been capable of landing top recruits. Do you honestly think that's due to Pruitt's love of cornbread, or that players felt a kinship to that idiot Lyle?

Reactions: 08Vol
You better fix the defensive line too. It sucked last year, and it will likely be worse this year. The good news is that Pruitt’s crew knows this and seems to be aggressively recruiting high quality offensive and defensive linemen.

I almost mentioned that too, but the offensive line was in a league of horribleness of its own.

UT finished dead last in Total Offense in the SEC last season.

UT finished 13th in Points Per Game in the SEC last season.

I won't mention the porous Defense stats.

UT should win 6 games this season, and with some Luck, 7 wins are possible.
Bro! Those are your great great great Grandaddys stats. They are absolutely meaningless in the modern game. You need things like completion percentages based on "big time throws" while ignoring anything less than 3 yards. You need "performance under pressure on 2nd and 3rd downs in the short to medium range" while ignoring anything long. Yards? TD's? Wins? Pfft. Go back to the 1870s.

8 or 9 wins is delusional. You people are setting yourselves up to be very disappointed.
Unfettered optimism almost always trumps realistic expectations for most people. 8 or 9 wins would literally be a miracle and CJP would be canonized while still alive.

Reactions: CA_Vol
8 or 9 wins is delusional. You people are setting yourselves up to be very disappointed.

And some of us will believe even when we have no reason to.
Those that are faith-killers well frankly, we would rather not have you.
We may be merely dreamers.
But foremost we're believers.
Vols forever.
Ever and ever.

Pruitt is a lot like Dabo, much more genuine and likable than Saban and Kirby smart. It Is going to be a process but he can bring Tennessee back to greatness. We have to be patient even though it is difficult after the Butch Jones debacle.

The last time TN was really good, I was a middle aged man. Last week I filed for Medicare and Social Security. How much more patience do I have to have?

Every year since I can remember, regardless of who was the coach, we have been "in on" a number of big-time players. Making the final ten of a recruit's list and getting the signature are worlds apart, and it has been a long time since we regularly beat out UA, UGA, UF, LSU, etc. for those top recruits everyone wants. Until we start doing that again, we won't be back.
Last year we were "in on" 2 of the very best OTs in the nation. A couple pretty good LBs, too, coveted by Bama n Michigan.

Just Because!

th

I think we surprise people and win 7-8 this year with one of those being a bigger game we aren’t supposed to win. (Mizzou or Fla) We have the right guy and will only go up from here. We finish ranked in the top 25 and have a top 8 recruiting class. Book it

Crap, I never knew freaking crappy Missouri was a "big game we aren't supposed to win". How far we have fallen.
I wouldn't even be that impressed if they beat Florida. It's not like Florida has been a powerhouse in the last decade.
Man we suck as fans.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Crap, I never knew freaking crappy Missouri was a "big game we aren't supposed to win". How far we have fallen.
I wouldn't even be that impressed if they beat Florida. It's not like Florida has been a powerhouse in the last decade.
Man we suck as fans.
Until somebody finally beats us, this team will be undefeated. My personal guarantee.

VN Store

Back