LT!

I thought Memphis exposed our ball handling a bit with their full court press. Lamonte can help relieve that plus give us another threat at the arc, amongst other things.
Ya this is big news. He should be a well oiled machine 1/2 way thru SEC play.

Last edited:
Can the UT Athletic Department afford to provide training on the the effective use of social media for these young folks? If so, do they? Regardless of the player’s intent, most of the time thier postsdon’t do them any favors. This tweet is a prime example.

When was LT known as an outstanding ball handler? He's been a streak shooter with range. Now that he's physically damaged, I question if he'll be effective scoring. IMO, what he added and still might is excellent rebounding for a guard.

When was LT known as an outstanding ball handler? He's been a streak shooter with range. Now that he's physically damaged, I question if he'll be effective scoring. IMO, what he added and still might is excellent rebounding for a guard.

He's not an OUTSTANDING ball handler, for a guard. His ball handling is good enough to improve on the weaknesses exposed by Tiger High when he was unavailable.

Reactions: feathersax
hope he is healthy and ready to play....may take him a game or two to get comfortable...we'll see...

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half the in-game posters were calling him Lamonte Turnover. Now he's become some irreplaceable backup point guard. But TN is in the Top 3 without him. Weird.
Stopped reading at in-game posters. Those manic drama queens are exactly why I steer clear clear of game threads. Simply an outlet for the uninformed boobs amongst our fan base to ignorantly air their immediate frustrations.

Reactions: Vol49er and Vols410
I don't mind the game threads...there are ups and downs.
Unfortunately, Tennessee Fan has been kicked in the jimmy so many times, it is natural to trend negative. It used to make me mad, now I just understand it.

Back to LT. No, he ISN'T a great ball handler but the guy is an ice cold shooter and will draw defenders away from our bigs. He has good enough handles to spell Bone and gives Barnes the luxury of multiple guard line ups when needed. That is why his return is so important.

I'm good with Jalen getting more minutes. I don't think that LT's offense is being missed that much. His shoot first mentality may not fit this team's mentality anyway. The walk-ons are about as capable at getting the ball advanced across mid-court.

IMO what's missed most with Turner's absence is rebounding (although Johnson is getting more productive) and free throw shooting. He also brings confidence with no reluctance to take, or even force, his shot.

Barnes said he's not expecting Turner to play versus Georgia.

If Lamonte continues to sit out the pre-game warmups I'm about to question whether he'll be able to contribute on the court this year. He's maybe the toughest hombre on the roster. The shoulder surgeries have been devastating.

I thought Memphis exposed our ball handling a bit with their full court press. Lamonte can help relieve that plus give us another threat at the arc, amongst other things.
Ya this is big news. He should be a well oiled machine 1/2 way thru SEC play.
I love his on-ball pressure defensively. Drives the opponent crazy when a hummingbird is in their face.

Back to LT. No, he ISN'T a great ball handler but the guy is an ice cold shooter and will draw defenders away from our bigs.

I think you were going for the "ice water in veins" metaphor. We've had too many ice cold shooters through the years as it is. heh

Vols' Rick Barnes offers update, 2 hrs ago on 247 by Wes Rucker.

Barnes didn’t hesitate when asked whether he expected Turner to be on the floor against Georgia.

“No,” Barnes said. “He hasn’t practiced. He did a little bit [Tuesday], but not much. He’s gonna have to get himself back out there and practice before he’ll be able to really get involved in games.”

So it seems obvious his surgically repaired shoulder is most definitely preventing his return regardless of tweets or fan speculation. At this point, the team has compensated for his absence fairly well. It might even upset the chemistry they have established without him. Until he's 100% and is a full go after resuming practice when and if he does, do you think it's a good idea to even expect him back in the lineup?

Silver lining could be that minutes are there for Johnson to take. I hope he's working harder than he ever has in his life. Having an experienced, skilled 6'6" perimeter player would be sweet.
Agree 100%. Would remind me of the matchup problems that Cory Brewer brought to the teams during his Florida tenure.

Another benefit of Johnson stepping up his game is that he could mentor Gaines much like Admiral has for multiple players.

I would rather that Turner take the entire year off and focus on making a huge comeback in 2019-20 rather than return too soon and struggle to garner minutes this year. The season will soon be half over. If Turner is 100% then it would be great to have him if he can get up to speed for the NCAAT, but with every missed game that seems to be a less realistic expectation.

VN Store

Back