Trump Admin Said to Refine Legal Definition of Gender, Putting Transgender Gains at Risk: NY Times

That homosexuality is genetic?

Prove it.
I never said it was proven. I also don't conduct research in that area. I said there was mounting evidence. A particularly interesting study came out last year, in fact. Feel free to look it up, though I don't expect you to. I know it's easier to think gay and transgender individuals are just a disturbed, mentally ill group that needs fixing. I'm honestly not trying to convince you. I'm just having a conversation. I don't post here to change people's minds. It's merely a passtime. I'm currently sitting in the airport. Headed to a conference.

Reactions: MercyPercy
I never said it was proven. I also don't conduct research in that area. I said there was mounting evidence. A particularly interesting study came out last year, in fact. Feel free to look it up, though I don't expect you to. I know it's easier to think gay and transgender individuals are just a disturbed, mentally ill group that needs fixing. I'm honestly not trying to convince you. I'm just having a conversation. I don't post here to change people's minds. It's merely a passtime. I'm currently sitting in the airport. Headed to a conference.

Did I ever say or imply homosexuals are disturbed?

@Vol_Doc since apparently I quoted the wrong post this morning.

So, finally get back to this because I respect you enough to comment.

Now, we are talking something that, by definition, is a genetic issue that the person has zero control over. You're a doctor and you know such things can and will happen from time to time. As to which bathroom to use, that's a tricky question. However, completely and entirely different from "I'm a man who thinks I'm a woman hence, I use the wrong bathroom." However, you divert away from the point I'm making because you know you're about to get this:

tenor.gif

Yes, trans-gender-ism is a mental issue. Used to be (and still is to a great extent) a person thought they were something they were not, the King of England for example, they would get mental health treatment for such an issue. It could have been extreme and the person could be declared mentally unstable if the treatments were unsuccessful and the person was a threat to themselves or others. Because it can be easily proven the person is not what they claim, either by scientific method or common sense. "No, you aren't the King of England and we can prove that..."

But a person thinking they are another gender entirely? Hold your horses, that's normal! Umm, WTF. How is that any different from the above situation? Again, we are talking a mental leap of imagination to believe you are something you are not. I.E. a person believes themselves to be the opposite gender when, in reality and can be scientifically proven, they are not. How is this not a mental issue? We aren't talking a genetic abnormality here where the person didn't have a choice. We are talking a state of mind in which a person is rejecting fact for their own mental fiction.

And this isn't the classic definition of a mental illness? If you as a doctor had a patient come in and say "I believe I'm a Sherman tank!" and started walking around the room making engine sounds and knocking over inanimate objects, you'd obviously and correctly ask for assistance from your mental health folks because you believe the person to be mentally ill. However, if a woman with all the correct lady parts comes in and says "I believe I'm really a man." this person is "helped" by medical professionals in stringing that belief along? How is that any different since you can prove it to be untrue? You know the first person isn't a Sherman tank because you can prove it. You also know the person isn't a man since, again, you can prove it. But the situations are suddenly different because of...what?

Change my mind.
Actually just saw this edit. As to your immediately prior post, do you think mentally ill individuals are disturbed? Many would consider that synonymous. If not, I stand corrected on that.

I've mentioned previously the mounting genetic evidence for homosexuality. To your point here, wouldn't you call that mental illness? A guy thinking he likes other guys? Similarly, if there's a genetic underpinning for transgender leanings, such as undiscovered mosaicism, perhaps those feelings aren't mental illness or even under the person's control at all. I'm not saying such evidence exists, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. There are many psychiatric issues that have been found to have genetic predispositions.

Again, we're not in as much control over our behavior as we'd like to think.

Reactions: MercyPercy
Actually just saw this edit. As to your immediately prior post, do you think mentally ill individuals are disturbed? Many would consider that synonymous. If not, I stand corrected on that.

I've mentioned previously the mounting genetic evidence for homosexuality. To your point here, wouldn't you call that mental illness? A guy thinking he likes other guys? Similarly, if there's a genetic underpinning for transgender leanings, such as undiscovered mosaicism, perhaps those feelings aren't mental illness or even under the person's control at all. I'm not saying such evidence exists, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. There are many psychiatric issues that have been found to have genetic predispositions.

Yes there’s genetic evidence of mental illnesses.

Last edited:
Yes there’s genetic evidence of mental illnesses.

There might just be genetic evidence for homosexuality. My best friend who treats the homosexual and trans community in NO mentioned this. He said from the literature he has read its most likely a genetic defect.

No. Without democrats you wouldn't know that your society had defeated natural selection.

Kewl. It’s always disappointing to see a grown adult generalize an entire demographic. It’s obvious that some of you have a lot of hate for your fellow Americans. Let’s hope that one day you see the advantage of having a diverse population. If not, you may just get to take all of that hate and put it to use on a battlefield. This **** is clearly headed in that direction.

Last edited:
Kewl. It’s always disappointing to see a grown adult generalize an entire demographic. It’s obvious that some of you have a lot of hate for your fellow Americans. Let’s hope that one day you see the advantage of having a diverse population. If not, you may just get to take all of that hate and put it to use on a battlefield. This **** is clearly headed in that direction.
Won’t be much of a battlefield. Dems are weak and pathetic.

And you thought I was dodging your questions...

No, I don't think mental illness and being disturbed (greatly depending on your definition of "disturbed") are predicated on each other. I consider disturbed to be mentally ill and having the capacity for doing harm. I think plenty of mentally ill people are probably harmless and wouldn't hurt a fly.

As for the genetic "evidence" for homosexuality, I'll believe that when I see it. And no, I don't consider homosexuality a mental illness. As I mentioned before, I believe the act at its core is an emotion. An attraction that turns into love eventually. How can you scientifically deduce how people are attracted to each other regardless of gender? Or even because of race? Attraction and eventual love happens in that quirky way that cannot be explained. Now, I do consider homosexuality to be slightly unnatural as humans haven't evolved (or we've evolved past) to the point of asexual reproduction, so there's that. But anyway, how can you scientifically quantify an emotion like love or attraction?

You can't.

Regardless, we are talking apples and oranges here. Emotions versus a belief one is something they are not.

You know, you could just chuckle and see his response was tongue in cheek.

Reactions: #VFL__
You know, you could just chuckle and see his response was tongue in cheek.

Grand his joke wasn’t lost on me but my point is valid. You will never hear me complain about uneducated rednecks because I know we as a country are better for having them. The same could be said for the “weak and pathetic” democrats the genius above me just referred to.

Won’t be much of a battlefield. Dems are weak and pathetic.

I’m not either of those and I have probably just about as many guns as you my fellow American. I think you need to realize you’re not important as you believe you are and you’re not always right. Where some of you get this cockiness from I will never know. I truly can’t comprehend how some of you hate a group of people you probably don’t even interact with on a daily basis.

I’m not either of those and I have probably just about as many guns as you my fellow American. I think you need to realize you’re not important as you believe you are and you’re not always right. Where some of you get this cockiness from I will never know. I truly can’t comprehend how some of you hate a group of people you probably don’t even interact with on a daily basis.

Who said anything about hating anyone? Does recognizing that these conditions are a mental illness automatically mean you hate them ?

Reactions: Roustabout
Genetics is genetics. That was your angle to which I responded. If a person is genetically one gender, but physically another, either by birth or by choice shouldn't matter. Unless, of course, you're against the choice itself.
Sorry, maybe you can clear up, but your response seems to beg the question that gender is a choice. It isn’t.

What a vague, generalization to summarize.

Who said anything about hating anyone? Does recognizing that these conditions are a mental illness automatically mean you hate them ?
I guess if you point out the deficiency and defect in color blind people then you hate them.

Drag Queen 'Jessica L'Whor' Visits Middle School; After Backlash, School Issues Partial Apology

jessica_lwhor.jpg

After backlash from the community, a school district in Colorado has apologized to parents for not notifying them in advance that a drag queen, who goes by the name of "Jessica L'Whor," visited the school for career day. The district said it would not apologize, however, for inviting the drag queen to talk to the middle schoolers, a decision the school made in the name of "inclusiveness" and "diversity."

CBS Denver reported Monday that a spokesperson for Adams 12 Five Star school district admitted that the staff of Rocky Top Middle School should have notified parents in advance about what they knew would be a controversial event: the visitation of "Jessica L'Whor," who, dressed in drag garb, ended up speaking to four different classes of 6th-8th graders, reading a book on bullying, and answering questions about "negativity and hate."

L'Whor, a relative of one of the students, was invited to come speak on CAREER DAY in order to, as district spokesman Joe Ferdani put it, help represent "the diverse backgrounds and careers in the community" and demonstrate the district's inclusiveness.

Drag Queen 'Jessica L'Whor' Visits Middle School; After Backlash, School Issues Partial Apology
luther is happy today. Government education at it's finest.

VN Store

Back