Pruitt Postgame

Please fire the OC
Give him a chance to finish the year. Who knows maybe he’s not the guy long term and JP hires someone else. This is a learning process. These coaches aren’t going to be excellent overnight. Give them time to learn their roles and get the plays called at the right time. Rome wasn’t built in a day and this team isn’t either. Next year will be so much improved and by 2020 watch out!!

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
Alontae Taylor gettin ejected sounds like overdoing it. How hard did he punch the guy or did he just shove his hand into his helmet

There was twice where bama put helmet to helmet and no targeting called in today's game.

And we know bama got away with punching a player last week.

If he does it completely the right way this team will be competing with a lot of teams by 2020 if not next year. Still got lots of work ahead getting his recruits in and buying into the system. I think in all honesty JP is the right guy to turn this around and hopefully compete for the SECCG by Dec 2020. Florida and Georgia will continue to get better just like we will but we gotta start making splash commits to sign on here. Once he starts getting more 5 star players this team will get tougher and ppl will start talking about TN football again. Depending on how we finish this year I would really hope we are preseason ranked next summer!

If you think these two programs are going to be competitive with one another based on 1 recruiting class, I’ll take a double of what you’re having.

If you think these two programs are going to be competitive with one another based on 1 recruiting class, I’ll take a double of what you’re having.
I only said GA and FL will only get better and we have to compete with them for recruits. It’s gonna be a tough road to get back to national prominence once again. I’m still saying by 2020 we will be GOOD!

Reactions: Volunt33rs
I haven't been a fan of him this year, he's been terrible, imo. But today i thought he did a good job.

I don’t get why he continues to run straight up the middle on 3rd and 2 early in the game but use short passes in 3rd and 2after they’re down 28 pts later.

I'm sure cb blitzes were coached in practice though, right? Are players not playing like they practice or are some coaches at fault?

Nope coaches are not at fault. And yes coaches probably coached it in practice. I mean, come on, it a blitz....which means you get there as fast as you can ... it's a commitment, a gamble. For him to say some one tippy toed in there ... well I'm all for coach calling them out. Blitz .... Go, not tomorrow, not today, but now!! Your cornerbacks are playing accordingly if they are tuned into the call...!!

Reactions: 2xVol
Nope coaches are not at fault. And yes coaches probably coached it in practice. I mean, come on, it a blitz....which means you get there as fast as you can ... it's a commitment, a gamble. For him to say some one tippy toed in there ... well I'm all for coach calling them out. Blitz .... Go, not tomorrow, not today, but now!! Your cornerbacks are playing accordingly if they are tuned into the call...!!
I remember in the orange and white game they called a corner blitz and the corner kinda stuttered up slowly when they had an open lane to the WB. I was watching and was confused as to what the **** he was doing. You have one job! Go get the damn qb lol. I think the players get in their own heads or something

I remember in the orange and white game they called a corner blitz and the corner kinda stuttered up slowly when they had an open lane to the WB. I was watching and was confused as to what the **** he was doing. You have one job! Go get the damn qb lol. I think the players get in their own heads or something

Sure agree, I was once an 18-19 year old and "thought for my self". But even then I wasn't that stupid.... I had one job and the coaches told me so but yet I still didn't do it. I mean coaches can do what they can but they don't play anymore. Players do. I'm not limiting to this instance, it's forgivable, what's not is the OL whiffing .... continually .... this late in the season. Not excusing this instance, it didn't win/lose a game, but it seems pretty common with this club. The OL comes to mind.

As painful as this loss is, it's nice to hear CJP owning it and calling a spade a spade.

We don't have the horses to compete with top-tier teams right now. We need recruits in a bad way, esp on the lines. We can work out, eat, and practice, but our team isn't going to transform into Hercules in a year.

I think we have our first real football coach in nearly a decade, and I hope we can finish strong, make a bowl, and land a really nice recruiting class.

I'm sure cb blitzes were coached in practice though, right? Are players not playing like they practice or are some coaches at fault?

Question. Have you ever played a sport at any level? Pee-wee football or rec league bball when you were 7?

Alontae Taylor gettin ejected sounds like overdoing it. How hard did he punch the guy or did he just shove his hand into his helmet

There was twice where bama put helmet to helmet and no targeting called in today's game.

And we know bama got away with punching a player last week.

Yup. Our player smacks a dudes helm yet a bama player plays blows on a defenseless player on the ground and he just gets a 15 yarder... but they dont get any special treatment

Reactions: TrentVol

VN Store

Back