Tua Rumor

If Tua is out, they will still whip us. They will run all over us.

The depth chart doesn't end at Tua. His little brother (Hoover High) is enroute and probably better. He is important but far from the key.

Hope Tua OK. Kid's got unbelievable skills and just want to see him play. Other than against TN, I like seeing him throw those TD passes. He's a freak. Know probably a homer comment, but kinda like putting on a Saints game just to see what Kamara's going to do next. If we're gonna play Bama, we may as well play all of Bama.

A torn meniscus is not the same as a torn ligament. I have no idea the nature of his injury, but a person can often bear weight and walk unassisted with a bad meniscus.
The knee is not unstable usually with a meniscus unless there are other associated ligamental injuries but an acute meniscal injury is painful with movement and weight bearing. Also generally results in significant effusion in my experience.

Tore my meniscus many years ago and ran several marathons on it before the pain got too bad. Took six months to run again, but I bet Tua gets better medical care in this day and age. We shall see. There are also many types of meniscal tears.

A torn meniscus is not the same as a torn ligament. I have no idea the nature of his injury, but a person can often bear weight and walk unassisted with a bad meniscus.
Yup. Have a friend right now who has a tear and is for all intents and purposes, fine. I couldn't walk/bear weight at all when I tore mine.

Not sure Hurts is the 2nd best QB in the SEC. Without that Bama Oline and RBs he's average at best

If by average, you mean he posts rushing numbers on par with Josh Dobbs' senior season, all while being a better passer, then sure. He ran for 855 yards last season, while passing for over 2,000, with a mere 1 INT in 254 pass attempts. The only reason he wasn't in consideration for the Heisman is because Alabama has so many weapons at RB (D. Harris, N. Harris, Scarborough) that they didn't need to pass very often.

He's an excellent QB who just happened to get beat out by an even better QB. He is not "average" by any measure.

I agree. If Hurts starts, I hope we do what Georgia did in the championship game and load the box, shut down the run, and force Hurts to win the game with his arm.

That's a lot easier to do when you have Georgia's defense.

Bama has 2 great quarterbacks. They will be ready for the Vols. I believe in Pruitt and his coaches to have our Vols prepared to execute the best they can on Saturday. None of Saban's former coaches have won against him.
Would Pruitt love to be the first?

One of my buddies in Iraq had to keep fighting for another hour after being shot in the arm because two other dudes were hit by multiple grenades. Tua jogging off the field with an injury is not improbable.

Reactions: Pacer92
If by average, you mean he posts rushing numbers on par with Josh Dobbs' senior season, all while being a better passer, then sure. He ran for 855 yards last season, while passing for over 2,000, with a mere 1 INT in 254 pass attempts. The only reason he wasn't in consideration for the Heisman is because Alabama has so many weapons at RB (D. Harris, N. Harris, Scarborough) that they didn't need to pass very often.

He's an excellent QB who just happened to get beat out by an even better QB. He is not "average" by any measure.

That's a lot easier to do when you have Georgia's defense.
Still not the 2nd best Qb

Huge dropoff without Tua. Alabama will go from having the best QB in the SEC to merely having the 2ND BEST QB IN THE SEC!!!

Seriously, it's quite sick that the two best QBs in the SEC are both at Alabama.

You could insert any of their position groups in this statement.

*edit* except kickers.

I once walked off a drop zone with a torn pcl, couldn't walk the next day. You never really know immediately.

He walked off the field. I am guessing he will be good to go. I guarantee Pruitt is planning on him playing.

The meniscus is part of the knee cap. My son had his knee scoped due to a meniscus tear. He played catcher. Caught for a year and a half before his scope. He was walking two hours after his surgery. The Dr. wanted him to wait 6-8 weeks before he squatted to catch. As far as running and cutting, etc. he was good to go after two weeks.

Reactions: tbones0711
If it weren’t at least seriously hindering him, he wouldn’t have stayed on the field and he would have gotten up and played. Think about it, he’s the leading Heisman contender, he was locked in a heated QB battle with a talented dude and former Freshman of the Year, who was won monster games for Bama. Human and competitive nature, he’s playing unless his body is telling him something is wrong.
Eh. That Qb battle was all but over 10 months ago. Saban manufactured a "battle" to keep his new back up (that he can still win a lot of games with) on the roster.

Reactions: 66volfan
Bama message boards seem to think he had his knee “scoped” and could be out a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️
They have us then a bye week I think. Saban would be wise to rest him or if they feel surgery would help they should do it today. I don't think Hurts can put up the nos. that Tua can by passing the ball. I don't think they can win the natty with Hurts even though they've done it before.. Not sure that's a correct statement. They lost to Clemson.

VN Store

Back