The Atlanta Braves Thread

No shot at FCS ... more so commentary on the fact that not many quality QBs in the world and way way more teams

Unpopular opinion alert: we should not give any multi year contracts to any relievers this year. I actually think we can build a good pen from internal options 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Not unpopular with me. Especially Kimbel. We never had to with Wren and he always had good bullpens

Reactions: TBrown
Unpopular opinion alert: we should not give any multi year contracts to any relievers this year. I actually think we can build a good pen from internal options 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I don't think that's crazy at all. You can internal option and scrap heap your way to a bullpen.

Viz, Minter, Sabotka, O'Day isn't a terrible core. Bring back Venters, revaluate at closer and fill in the rest.

Last edited:
Bullpen would also not be a problem if our starters could routinely make it to the 7th or 8th inning.
There has to be a clubhouse strategy to try and paint the corners - leading to the walls issues for all of our pitchers.

You could have the same guys and a different pitching coach and that could make a substantial difference.

Bullpen would also not be a problem if our starters could routinely make it to the 7th or 8th inning.
Nobody does that anymore though, and possibly for good reason. Saw a stat a couple of weeks ago that OPS goes up about 100 points the 3rd time through the order and then back down 80 points for the first guy out of the pen.

Nobody does that anymore though, and possibly for good reason. Saw a stat a couple of weeks ago that OPS goes up about 100 points the 3rd time through the order and then back down 80 points for the first guy out of the pen.
#science

If a guy gives me six, then I’m good the rest of the way. That’s right around 200.

This seems like a very, very bad idea.

Attachments

• BDCF56B9-A71A-4E1C-A187-8C07FE6623E0.png
    BDCF56B9-A71A-4E1C-A187-8C07FE6623E0.png
    559.5 KB · Views: 33

VN Store

Back