Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We absolutely have a top 20 roster.

We absolutely play a top 5 schedule so no one can ever see that play out.
No way. We are undersized and lack strength on both sides of the lines (minus #73 and he is still getting into football shape). We play a 3-4 with grossly undersized OLs that can't set the edge and our O-Line lacks strength and agility to run block and pass protect. That is basically 10 out of 22 positions. So I can't see Top 20 roster. We do have nice perimeter players with talent, but they can't be utilized to their fullest.

No way. We are undersized and lack strength on both sides of the lines (minus #73 and he is still getting into football shape). We play a 3-4 with grossly undersized OLs that can't set the edge and our O-Line lacks strength and agility to run block and pass protect. That is basically 10 out of 22 positions. So I can't see Top 20 roster. We do have nice perimeter players with talent, but they can't be utilized to their fullest.

So our roster doesn't fit our scheme. I can buy that but that doesn't mean our roster isn't comparable or even better than other ranked teams

Reactions: barrylee
So our roster doesn't fit our scheme. I can buy that but that doesn't mean our roster isn't comparable or even better than other ranked teams
the roster isn't that good. you can boast whatever recruiting ranking you want. fact is, that #4 class we had in 2015 that should make up our veterans and leaders, it's all gone. only 11 guys remain out of 30 signees. and 1 of those is a Long Snapper.

the next two classes were outside the top 15. and last year's class is freshmen.

factor in the complete lack of s&c and development....and how many have had injuries to recover from that has also stunted development...and that jsut some of these guys are busts.

nah...the roster is not "better" than other ranked teams. people outside this program have been saying that all off season. and making no bones about it, as to just how far off this roster is compared to other SEC teams, much less other nationally ranked teams.

at some point, do we at least consider the notion that we're just not as good as we think we are, talent wise?

Come on. They were both dang good RBs
I always agreed with D4H’s take that we should have always had 2 RB sets with them. Those two and Dobbs in the same backfield and JJ and Malone on the outside? We shouldn’t have lost more than a game or 2 in 2016.

That’s what makes butch a worse coach than Dooley. At least Dooley knew how to get his playmakers the ball.

the roster isn't that good. you can boast whatever recruiting ranking you want. fact is, that #4 class we had in 2015 that should make up our veterans and leaders, it's all gone. only 11 guys remain out of 30 signees. and 1 of those is a Long Snapper.

the next two classes were outside the top 15. and last year's class is freshmen.

factor in the complete lack of s&c and development....and how many have had injuries to recover from that has also stunted development...and that jsut some of these guys are busts.

nah...the roster is not "better" than other ranked teams. people outside this program have been saying that all off season. and making no bones about it, as to just how far off this roster is compared to other SEC teams, much less other nationally ranked teams.

at some point, do we at least consider the notion that we're just not as good as we think we are, talent wise?
Can't tell anyone this in the offseason

Hurd should have never ever seen the field as a RB with Kamara on the team.

Should have had them on the field at the same time rather than sitting one on the bench and rotating eight receivers.

Edit: Swanson’d by scvol

There is no way we have a top 20 roster in the country. Top 40 i would feel safe to say.

I believe the only real talent gap is between the playoff contenders and the rest. When looking at the other power 5 teams success is much more based on confidence/scheme and mentality than it is on talent.

That's why I don't buy the talent differences meaning diddly squat when looking at teams like Tenn-Kentucky-NC state-Colorado.

if at first you don't succeed, try, try again??

i'll be waiting on your 3rd attempt at deflection.......

Dude I quoted exactly what you said. You said our roster wasn't as good as any ranked teams. Well maybe you should know that cincy is ranked. Lol

Butch has to be the worst football coach.

Treating players like crap and throwing them under the bus. Hitting players and gross mismanagement of injuries.

Didnt even show for the presser after the loss to Vandy and left it to his players to deal with the questions.

Dude I quoted exactly what you said. You said our roster wasn't as good as any ranked teams. Well maybe you should know that cincy is ranked. Lol
giphy.gif

nah...the roster is not "better" than other ranked teams.

I believe the only real talent gap is between the playoff contenders and the rest. When looking at the other power 5 teams success is much more based on confidence/scheme and mentality than it is on talent.

That's why I don't buy the talent differences meaning diddly squat when looking at teams like Tenn-Kentucky-NC state-Colorado.

I don’t consider auburn or LSU a playoff contender and their talent is unquestionably better than ours.

Off the top of my head:

Bama, Ohio state, Clemson, ND, WVU, penn state, Michigan, miami, Georgia, LSU, Auburn,Stanford, texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Washington, Wisconsin, Oregon, texas AM, Miss state,

That’s 20 right there that are universally accepted to have better players than us.

Then you can get into teams like South Carolina, Kentucky, Colorado, NC state, TCU etc that a very good case can be made for.

When i say i don’t think we are a top 20 roster i base it on i think they are 20+ teams i can say for sure have better players than us. I know we’re top 50 for sure. We’re probably somewhere between 30-45 depending on who is judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back