Bold prediction - FL

JP, things almost as strange have actually happened. Billy Martin once got into one of his famous arguments/tirades with a home plate umpire. After the conversation became sufficiently heated, Martin kicked the umpire in the shin; the ump promptly retaliated by kicking Martin in the shin. After an exchange of, perhaps, three kicks, it finally dawned on Martin, “He’s got shin guards on, I don’t. His kicks are hurting me a lot more than mine are hurting him.” So, hostilities immediately ceased.

Heh, that's awesome, Rex. Seems like baseball, more than other sports, attracts the characters. Yogi and Billy right up there with the best of them. *salute*

#1 - Tennessee will intercept Franks twice.

#2 - Tennessee will block a punt.

#3 - Nevertheless, Florida will come from behind to tie game with less than 5 minutes left.

#4 - Tennessee wins on the last possession of the game.

Reactions: volsportsfan
Paul Bain hits Franks so hard.. His teeth fall out.. Paul hands him a 5% Discount card to the future PBD (Paul Bain Denistry) to have them repaired... Oh.. And the Gators quit after the hit.. Cause their teeth fell out too... 😂

Chandler rushes for 150 yards and two touchdowns primarily by using the wildcat formation. They hinted at it last week but otherwise haven’t broken it out and Pruitt is saving it for Florida.

surprised nobody made the bold prediction of UT pulling a trick play on a key 3rd or 4th down, or goal line situation. Or, maybe a surprise onside kick?? To my knowledge, this staff hasn't used a trick play yet, and seems to be more focused ( and rightly so ) on getting this offense and special teams executing the basics instead of trick plays. It would be a bold prediction for us to have a crucial game changing play go our way via trickery.

Last edited:
Only "bold" prediction I will make about this game is that Tennessee will have multiple big, momentum changing plays that you wouldn't expect them to make.

I'm talking like multiple 50+ yard runs or passes for TDs, multiple defensive TDs, or multiple special teams TDs. What's sad is that based on how we've played Florida the last few years, getting a couple scores like that is no guarantee of victory.

Reactions: volsportsfan
Vols win big and half the Gator team announces they are transferring after the game saying they had planned to transfer all along, the Vol beat down was just the icing on the cake.

BOLD PREDICTION: Chance of the final score being indicated here. 2 to 0, 3 to 2, 3 to 0, 4 to 2, 4 to 3, 5 to 2, 5 to 3, 5 to 4, 6 to 2, 6 to 3, 6 to 4. 6 to 5, 7 to 2, 7 to 3, 7 to 4, 7 to 5, 7 to 6........not so much.

We will actually kick it away from their punt/kickoff returners …………. maybe not a bold prediction but I pray it happens, to many times we have but hurt by their return game

If we somehow win this game, it will push us toward being eligible for a bowl game. With 3 non conference wins, a Florida win, Vandy & Ky. we get our 6 wins and get in to a bowl game....

If we somehow win this game, it will push us toward being eligible for a bowl game. With 3 non conference wins, a Florida win, Vandy & Ky. we get our 6 wins and get in to a bowl game....

it would be a very nice win against a pretty solid coach and a hated rival

I can’t for the life of me get a read on this game yet. Maybe it will happen Friday night.

Whatever the case, if Pruitt beats Florida in year 1, I don’t care if they have the worst team in program history this year, that is a BIG DEAL and a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Paul Bain hits Franks so hard.. His teeth fall out.. Paul hands him a 5% Discount card to the future PBD (Paul Bain Denistry) to have them repaired... Oh.. And the Gators quit after the hit.. Cause their teeth fell out too... 😂

I don't know why, but I read this as a Johnsonville Brats commercial.

I can’t for the life of me get a read on this game yet. Maybe it will happen Friday night.

Whatever the case, if Pruitt beats Florida in year 1, I don’t care if they have the worst team in program history this year, that is a BIG DEAL and a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Tough game to get a read on. This is the way I see it. If this staff has got our players consistently executing the play calls, UF is in for a very tough game. If we continue to use bad techniques and bust assignments/not do what we are suppose to do, then we could be in trouble. This game is about which team ( the players ) has mentally "grown up" the quickest because I think both staffs have good schemes, and the talent level is about the same. If both teams ( the players ) make those mental strides then we are in for a slugfest, and a bad play call here, a fumble there, or a penalty, could determine the winner.

Any last minute bold predictions from the knowledgeable, or just plain lucky??

Winner gets a thread bump shout out after the game and bragging rights......until next year

I honestly think thus game will be a coming out party for our front 7. Kongbo shows everybody why he was rated so high and UF better triple team team Paul Bain if they don't want him setting up camp in their backfield.

VN Store

Back