FPI predictions

Sounds about right Gotta pull an upset to get to 4 wins thats awesome. Never thought i see the possibility of the Vols going winnless in the SEC for 2 straight years.

giphy.gif

Beating Florida wouldn't exactly be an upset.
I can't find odds for this game yet. My prediction is that TN will indeed be favored by 3 or less, assuming the expected blowout occurs this weekend. If UF blasts CState and TN struggles that margin could flip, plus who knows about injuries to come? Game seems like a toss-up at this point.

Kentucky whipped Florida in the swamp and yet FPI gives us significantly better odds of beating them than Florida--both games in Neyland. Thought these FPI ratings were based on ELO ratings of game results...don't quite get that disparity.

Beating Florida wouldn't exactly be an upset.
Well according to their percentages it is.

Man we really stuggle with threads subjects around here dont we?

But even if you are just using the GBO philosophy that we should beat Florida it doesnt work. Flordia has proven that even at their worst they can still beat us on a consistent basis. So until proven otherwise, its an upset

But even if you are just using the GBO philosophy that we should beat Florida it doesnt work. Flordia has proven that even at their worst they can still beat us on a consistent basis. So until proven otherwise, its an upset

You also can’t go off of past results. It’s a new year and there is no curse.

I'm hoping that CJP is able to instill an enduring will to fight to the end in this team. By that I mean, to play four quarters of football full throttle, no matter what the scoreboard looks like. And to put each game in the rear view mirror once Monday rolls around. Not the fragile doomed spirit that we had last year with only partial participation. That's what I hope, at least.

Hurricane Flo is bringing 30-40 mph winds to the Raleigh area. Not much rain, yet.

Reactions: savannahfan
I'm hoping that CJP is able to instill an enduring will to fight to the end in this team. By that I mean, to play four quarters of football full throttle, no matter what the scoreboard looks like. And to put each game in the rear view mirror once Monday rolls around. Not the fragile doomed spirit that we had last year with only partial participation. That's what I hope, at least.

Hurricane Flo is bringing 30-40 mph winds to the Raleigh area. Not much rain, yet.
We've been a little timid out of the locker room at kickoff, which seems to be a leftover Butch trait this team hasn't shaken yet. Got to fix that for SEC play to be competitive.

Kentucky whipped Florida in the swamp and yet FPI gives us significantly better odds of beating them than Florida--both games in Neyland. Thought these FPI ratings were based on ELO ratings of game results...don't quite get that disparity.

Seems no one forgets how UT always finds a way to lose to Florida, except VN.
Go Vols

We've been a little timid out of the locker room at kickoff, which seems to be a leftover Butch trait this team hasn't shaken yet. Got to fix that for SEC play to be competitive.

Timid and football don't ever work well together, but this team needs leaders, more than any UT team ever.
Kyle Phillips, Jonathan Kongbo, Shy Tuttle, just don't seem to have what it takes to be leaders, unfortunately.
You could name several more players that you would think could step it up and become team leaders, but so far, it just hasn't happened, again, how unfortunate.

Winning only 3 games may set the Vols back even further than anyone thought possible, but I sure hope not.
Come on Vols step it up and defend yourselves.

If you don't stop letting that kind of dumb stuff bother you so much, you're gonna need another break.

What

What? I didnt misread the thread title or article. I was assuming you personally was saying any SEC win would be an upset.

Im not using GBO philosophy, whatever that means. Im saying both teams suck right now. Someone being favored by 1 may be technically an upset but you know my point.

Reactions: OrangenSC and Behr
What
What? I didnt misread the thread title or article. I was assuming you personally was saying any SEC win would be an upset.

Im not using GBO philosophy, whatever that means. Im saying both teams suck right now. Someone being favored by 1 may be technically an upset but you know my point.

I was pretty sure I knew it was tongue in cheek, but you know how "we" are round here.

I know it ain't gonna upset me one bit.

slaw predictions. Whats in my pockeT? Guess that. There is about the same chance of being correct as there is predicting our schedule. We don't even know what we have yet , so how could somebody else? Think these choades have even seen any practice or game footage of us or any team except for the highlight reel of florduh losing to kenturkey? Most media who cover football are pure garbage. I don't like any of them who are not from UT.

Reactions: OrangenSC
What

Im commenting in a thread where the subject is percentages to win each game, therefore in this thread it shows every sec game to be an upset.

VN Store

Back