Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt attributed it to rotating in 4 QBs. Time to narrow it down so they can build some continuity and rythym.

It’s obvious that Jg and KC are battling for the 1spot. But i do think it’s odd that even this late we are giving so many meaningful reps to McBride and shrout. Makes me wonder if they want to get one of them extra reps Incase of a departure.

Worst case I see is 5-7. Wins over the 3 bad teams, KY, and Vandy. Gotta think we can pull one more upset somewhere

After the 3 OOC cupcakes I just don't know at this point. Mizzou, UK, and Vandy all went through our defense last season like it was warm butter. I do think some of that was because our offense was basically 3 and out, plus we had no developed depth in D, which wore down the D the last half of the season. Although we moved the ball well against UK but still couldn't stop their running game.

I don't think we beat WV. If it was later in the season, maybe. But they have a talented, experienced offense, with a veteran, Heisman hopeful at QB. We don't know who our QB is yet from a group that has not shown us much previously. Our best hope to be in that game in the 4th is that we can establish a running game that will keep Grief on the sidelunes, which is something that WV will be we l aware of, and will stack the box and make our QB(s) prove himself/themselves.

UF is winnable, but will not be easy. If Mullen can get a QB to show improvement, which was why he was hired, the gators could be a much better program by the 4th game of the season. As bad As the gators were last season, I don't think their issue were near as bad as ours. Their issues were mainly around the QB and offensive scheming. We had problems at literally every position in both sides of the ball. And we lost probably our best weapon in Trevor Daniels.

SC will be very tough to beat in Columbia. A veteran AN with Servo back, plus a healthy Dowdle back at RB. And their D has been rebuilt quicker than I expected, which is a credit Muscham p. We can beat SC and UF, but we will have to win field position and TOs .

We aren't beating UGA, Bama, or Auburn.

I want to see how we play against WV and IF before assuming we can beat Mizzou, UK, and Vandy, much less UF or SC.

Bit right now I think probably 5-7/6-6.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
He just offered his very non-disparaging opinion to some curious parties. I'm not sure why that means we have to insult the guy.
He’s probably a good guy. But if you’re so in the gutter on everything Vols then why continue coming to the board? And what utvols88 said. Head bussin

LWS has great sources and for some reason this board is totally disregarding everything he says just as it did last year when he said Butch was in over his head and that we’d have our worst team of all time.

I don’t necessarily agree with his pessimism this year but watching this cycle repeat itself is comical.
He has Fulmer. He doesn’t know Pruitt from jack. He’s guessing in between waiting for tee times.

Larry’s predictions for this year are in bounds though. Judging from practice reports this sounds like a 5 to 7 win team. Not much difference in that range of wins - just a few plays like last year.

I differ long term though. With middle Tennessee producing more talent the future is bright for Tennessee football. We will always be a factor. If Clemson can be elite so can we. They have the same limitations we do (with the exception that they play in an easier conference).

Practice reports? Lol.

He just offered his very non-disparaging opinion to some curious parties. I'm not sure why that means we have to insult the guy.
I haven’t heard any personal insults. Just not the usual huge line to cut off our softies and escape to a painless forever.
tumblr_musdmpZ5Lz1spo3yuo1_500.gif

Instead of wondering, I just asked LWS if he had started being "around the program" again or if he was just speculating on the QB thing.
His response.

So, don't know if the coaches opinion is the same as his friends.
I bet Pruitt’s wife doesn’t know...and knows not to ask. Larry still using salt substitute?

My guess is they are playing soccer and going to school... like boys do. The coach became a monk though. He was with them at the 7-11 in his robes
Huh? That monk program have an online program? Thought they had to sit and not talk for about a decade before they got a diploma?

I
Cliff notes for LWSVol

2005-2016 (when Fulmer started struggling) Historically, we are a 7 win a year program at best. I don’t expect anything more than that, and neither should anyone else. We won’t be competing for any more championships in my lifetime.

2016 (when he was hearing Blackburn for AD) UT has had leadership problem from the president down. We’ll see if they are willing to change things and hire a guy like Blackburn that could get it done.

2017-present (Since the Haslams caught half the BOT out of town and put Currie in as AD instead of Fulmer or Blackburn) UT has a leadership problem from the president/boosters down. I and about 2,000 other donors are never going to donate money or even set foot Knoxville again. Vols football will never be relevant again in my lifetime. 4 wins per year from here on out, 5 with some lucky bounces.

*the depressing thing is that he’s not really been wrong so far.

If Butch Jones can find a way to win 9 games twice then I believe Pruitt has the capacity to win more than 5 games a year for the foreseeable future

Remind me again, who is the athletic director and is at pretty much every practice for the entire duration?
And once again, do you think Fulmer loves his new job so much that he blabs anything and everything to his donor buddy? I think Fulmer is doing great and part of that would include knowing an AD’s role. He isn’t an AAU blowhard doing an off Broadway interpretation of Lavar Ball. I don’t think Pruitt’s told Fulmer who’s starting...if Pruitt knows he.

Huh? That monk program have an online program? Thought they had to sit and not talk for about a decade before they got a diploma?
At the very least, a good idea to get public sympathy. A lot of people wanted to prosecute though I think that was too harsh.

There is a sign posted to stay out of the cave from July - October but they went in around June 27th. Not the best idea, but not reckless, and like I said, they had all been in there many times before

Reactions: UTProf
He’s probably a good guy. But if you’re so in the gutter on everything Vols then why continue coming to the board? And what utvols88 said. Head bussin
I haven’t heard any personal insults. Just not the usual huge line to cut off our softies and escape to a painless forever.
tumblr_musdmpZ5Lz1spo3yuo1_500.gif

Not a big deal. Just didn't want to see a hate train get started. Larry just always seemed like a good dude who has his own opinion and happens to know a few people.

Probably premature on my part. :)

Not a big deal. Just didn't want to see a hate train get started. Larry just always seemed like a good dude who has his own opinion and happens to know a few people.

Probably premature on my part. :)
There’s no hate. Dude’s a legend on any message board he deigns to post on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back