Mike Leach looks back on Tennessee’s coaching search

We needed a top tier recruiter more than we needed a brilliant offensive mind. Would've been a fun, completely controversial hire but don't think he would've done well here.

Reactions: ReasonableUTfan
I think the Leech, sorry, Leach would have been a hit. He saw the UT as perfect to regain his mojo and make a really big name for himself. He'd have done it too. I have no idea how good our defense would have been but we'd have been a team that piled up points and highlight reel material every week. I also think we'd have had QBs and WRs who might want to have vied with one another to play here. Speed kills would have been more than a motto with ole Mike at the helm.

Mike would’ve been comedy hour. We’d at least try to outscore people and not kick from the 1. He’s a smart guy albeit strange but with a good staff he could flip a program year 1. Not 0 like Dooley making excuses.

Leach would have fit in perfectly here since he hates that ignorant POS, Dan Wolken, more than we do.

Not sure how ignorant he is. I think he's just a another corrupt and lying fake news type who is enamored with his own sense of self importance. Fits right in at Gannett.

Mostly he's embarrassed that he's being called out now for his hypocrisy. Journalists rely on and depend on their reader's forgetfulness.

We didn't forget. He's lying to cover his a$$ bc he's too stubborn to cut his losses and fess up.

We would have had a lot of fun with Leach. We would have been a 10 win program, never more, with every press conference being must see TV.
Not sure about the 10 win program thing.. We would have been better but I think thats a stretch.

The pressers would be must watch.

The Pirate likes the Vol Navy. Arrr...
ncf_vol-navy_tailgates.jpg

DSC02109.JPG

51aVguygukL._SX466_.jpg

VN Store

Back