'19 JUCO CB Elijah Blades (A&M commit) Now in portal

Didnt siminton say that while TN was confident they could keep him at AW that you just never know when a kid like Blades who hates school wakes up and says naw.

Oregon smart playing that card to get him in now

Most are FOS but some aren't. The truth is kids lie and change their minds. It's really that simple.

Yeah why is this always do difficult to understand. Things are not static. They change. VQ even said Blades had told the staff otherwise. So he CHANGED HIS MIND. I know crazy that something like that could happen.

Reactions: 2 people
True, but some of our guys seem to come in after a Callahan CB or a Price comment or something and act like they have had this insider knowledge. “I wasn’t going to say anything, but this guys a silent...” I’m on to their game. It’s fake news.

The only legit insider was that turtle guy who told us Tee was going to Clemson. And he just happened to be an Uber driver haha

The attention whores are usually pretty easy to spot

Reactions: 4 people
True, but some of our guys seem to come in after a Callahan CB or a Price comment or something and act like they have had this insider knowledge. “I wasn’t going to say anything, but this guys a silent...” I’m on to their game. It’s fake news.

The only legit insider was that turtle guy who told us Tee was going to Clemson. And he just happened to be an Uber driver haha

You're over-reacting as has become your norm. We do have some guys that have called some things right. Not sure why you feel like you have to call people out the first time that they are wrong about something.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe Blades was told to kick rocks because he waited so long to commit and we have CBs who already said they were committing? Don't we have some going to the BBQ in a few days?

Then possibly Blades countered that by making a statement he was going to Oregon?

You're over-reacting as has become your norm. We do have some guys that have called some things right. Not sure why you feel like you have to call people out the first time that they are wrong about something.

First time 😂

Blades was a tough beat today, though. I've been skeptical that Tennessee would land the 4-star JUCO prospect, even after he visited in June. Still, the staff was confident and has Blades very high on their board. He's a true plug-and-play guy. As AP noted last week, Tennessee's optimism was buoyed by the fact that Blades went back to Arizona Western. Clearly that was a misread. I still expect the Vols to continue recruiting Blades, but they also have plenty of other lines in the water and remain in strong standing with Burrell, Hill, Bush and others.

Simonton

I would have picked Oregon as well if it meant less time in school

It's funny because the SEC has the reputation of being football first and everything else, including academics, second. I think if we are going to have this reputation, we should go ahead and live up to it and relax our standards to put us on an even playing field.

I hate missing out on Blades, but two positives for me on this:

1) At least he went to Oregon and didn't end up at a school that really competes with UT or plays them.
2) If missing out on him clears the path for another talented freshman so we can get Burrell, Bush, Hill, and Fields and maybe another? I'll take it.

Maybe Blades was told to kick rocks because he waited so long to commit and we have CBs who already said they were committing? Don't we have some going to the BBQ in a few days?

Then possibly Blades countered that by making a statement he was going to Oregon?

No.

Reactions: 5 people

Nah, we just lost this one.
It's gonna happen in many of our close battles.
But then, there's gonna be the ones we win.

i don't remember who, but someone posted a few weeks ago that oregon was the team to beat because there is a coach on staff there that has a prior relationship with blades. It's always good to balance the good with the bad.

Edit: It was la vol who said it. And he got accused recently for just regurgitating info from vq. He knows his stuff.

I hate missing out on Blades, but two positives for me on this:

1) At least he went to Oregon and didn't end up at a school that really competes with UT or plays them.
2) If missing out on him clears the path for another talented freshman so we can get Burrell, Bush, Hill, and Fields and maybe another? I'll take it.

Agreed it sucks but better to know this domino now than to find out later when you passed on someone

Nah, we just lost this one.
It's gonna happen in many of our close battles.
But then, there's gonna be the ones we win.

When we were down to brass tacks in our coaching search, I threw out Cristobal’s name...due to his SEC level recruiting. He went belly up at Florida International, so his head coaching acumen is wobbly at best but many have succeeded with another shot. At that point I was all in on Mike Houston, Leach...anybody. Glad that Fulmer was the actual real deal as AD and nailed it with his first choice. All that to say, Cristobal was a major piece of Taggart’s recruiting and this kinda proves it.

When we were down to brass tacks in our coaching search, I threw out Cristobal’s name...due to his SEC level recruiting. He went belly up at Florida International, so his head coaching acumen is wobbly at best but many have succeeded with another shot. At that point I was all in on Mike Houston, Leach...anybody. Glad that Fulmer was the actual real deal as AD and nailed it with his first choice. All that to say, Cristobal was a major piece of Taggart’s recruiting and this kinda proves it.

I admit, I've been caught off guard with how just well he's doing. Good call on that part.

VN Store

Back