The official "Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum" Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell are you Indy????

He got offended because a mod was hating on Kobe Bryant for being an accused rapist, so he said he was going on a month hiatus.

He then returned in the form of ND, and was quickly exposed and berated.

Haven’t heard from him since. Wish the kid well though and hope he has a speedy recovery from the beating he took after his lame troll attempt.

Reactions: 1 person
Some noteworthy items from VQ war room...

Grant Williams played much of last year with an injured back, neither he nor the staff addressed it much publicly but since season ended its been discussed. He’s now back to 100% and reports are he’s looked better recently than at any time last year, showing quickness and explosiveness we didn’t see much of last year.

Yves Pons has lived in the gym and he look like a different player according to those who have seen him recently, putting in some serious work.

Yeah, it was embarrassing how puny Pons looked last year. Maybe he will now be able to touch the backboard.

Reactions: Lankykong
I'm thinking "gym" is the basketball gym not the weight room and that Pons has been working hard on his bball skills - hopefully!

Reactions: 1 person
Some noteworthy items from VQ war room...

Grant Williams played much of last year with an injured back, neither he nor the staff addressed it much publicly but since season ended its been discussed. He’s now back to 100% and reports are he’s looked better recently than at any time last year, showing quickness and explosiveness we didn’t see much of last year.

Yves Pons has lived in the gym and he look like a different player according to those who have seen him recently, putting in some serious work.

If true about Grant, then holy cow, him and Admiral could be the best duo in the SEC this year. And I hope Pons can contribute this season.

Fellas, hello. Wow. What a hilarious whirlwind the past 30 days have been. Strap in for the funniest month-long summary of your lives. Before we get into it, I know a lot of you all are calling for me to take an L, and I'll address that, I promise--however show me another poster who can take a 30 day absence and still provide this level of material... You can't.

So I guess I will start at the beginning: June 2nd, 2018. I had just opened up a HUGE can of worms in the stagnant and motionless "RPotBT" Thread III the night before by telling Fleece that I'd take Kobe over LeBron, which spawned no less than 8 pages of arguments. I began getting fed up when a certain mod began constantly calling Kobe a rapist. Nobody stood up to the guy and I felt compelled to make a stand. In hindsight 30 days is a long time. But I’d be lying if I said that the following 4+ weeks didn’t provide me with immense entertainment.

I’d like to announce my extended leave from VN, I’ll be taking the month off because I have a problem with a certain poster who isn’t even a regular BTW.

See everyone in July.

^^The post that started it all.

Not a good look bro.

IMMEDIATELY beta Fleece took the opportunity to throw shade. Same guy who wanted to add me on linkedin and was asking for my email address just weeks before. Interesting take, bud. Hold up because I’m not done with you just yet.

Paging Indy.

D4H has a LBJ hot take in the RF and it kinda makes some sense.

It was apparent very early in my hiatus that Ziti was on the cusp of a legendary summer. Keeping me updated on D4H during my absence was a huge power move. It was clear very early that Fleece (even his name is soft) and Big Z were on totally different trajectories, sad.

#FreeIndy

Has anybody here seen my old friend Indy,
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He trolled a lotta people, but it seems the good die young
But I just looked around and he's gone.

We've missed you Indy.

Also—shouts out to my boys VSF and Vekzy for the love while I was on vacation.

Indy has done this a couple of times. Gets upset and leaves for a while. I like the guy but he is charmin soft sometimes.

Despite all of the love it really bothered me how petty Fleece was being. At this point even starting rumors. Go through my entire catalog, anyone, I challenge you. I have never taken a leave like this, yet here is a guy who 2 weeks earlier was borderline desperate to be my friend off of volnation playing the role of gossip girl. Again, sad.

He was on today.

I loved the way Yankee used his off-season. He couldn’t make official game threads so he turned the focus to watching for my activity and keeping others informed. I have said it before and I will say it again: When it comes to keeping everyone in the know, there is nobody better than Yank. Total pro’s pro.

Woahh. Did Indy get the ban hammer?

I also enjoyed the speculation. Had a boring poster (such as, I don’t know…Flee…ehh…NVM) taken a month off nobody would have noticed. Indy takes a month off and the speculation flies.

Hey fellas, long time reader, first time poster here.

I was wondering if any of you had some insight in regards to Kent’s redshirt situation from last season.

Thank you for the response, BTO. Anyone ever call you Beet? Is it alright if I call you that?

Which brings me to my next point—the NDVol2 account was not an attempt at trolling as much as it was an attempt to provide my friends with some entertainment in my absence. And it looked like it worked, so (again) kudos to me. NDVol2…? Who doesn’t find that hilarious.

Also I finally got BTO to address my existence, so I can cross that off the bucket list as well.

I guess what I am saying is: how many posters can make 2 posts from a completely different account and be UNIVERSALLY recognized based on their dialect alone? I don’t think anyone (well, except for me).

So yeah, no L’s here. Only LOL’s.

So thanks to Vekzy and a few of the others who understood the joke.

Ziti, if you would like to continue to express your concerns, give feedback or whatever, I'll be happy to continue to try to understand your views via email. It's probably best done privately and that's my fault for engaging publicly. I know better. My apologies.

I shot you a message. Feel free to respond if you'd like.

The one thing we do likely agree on is we all love Tennessee basketball and like to share that love in discussion with other like-minded individuals.*

:hi:

As my self-imposed suspension moved onward Ziti continued to re-write the record books. Despite a page or two of deleted posts he even got Freak to publicly engage in argumentative behavior. Shouts out to Ziti for trolling the king, which is something very few have done.

Also shouts out to Freak for handling himself in a classy manner as always, even though he’s been giving me the cold shoulder. (more on that later)

Where the hell are you Indy????

He got offended because a mod was hating on Kobe Bryant for being an accused rapist, so he said he was going on a month hiatus.

He then returned in the form of ND, and was quickly exposed and berated.

Haven’t heard from him since. Wish the kid well though and hope he has a speedy recovery from the beating he took after his lame troll attempt.

Which brings me to the past day or two. My friend Ed voiced concern in regards to my absence when our resident hater, Fleece took yet another opportunity to hate on someone else in attempt to make himself look cool. Middle school approach at best, but hey, if I wasn’t Indy I’d probably hate me too, big guy.

In conclusion, its great to be back. Thanks again for all of the love.

I’m ready to mix it up!!!

Here are some funny moments from June 15th.

1 unanswered email to Freak as well as a couple of tweets.

I was really missing you guys at this point and was pretty pissed at myself for underestimating how long of a period of time 30 days really is.

One of my best qualities is my honesty, though. So being a man of my word and not posting again until 7/1 was the only option for a stand-up guy like myself.

Attachments

• 9FEFF7E9-1AA4-4A54-BC3E-BA9126E98DAA.jpg
    9FEFF7E9-1AA4-4A54-BC3E-BA9126E98DAA.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2545A42D-AA47-4F48-A322-0C2743BA323D.jpg
    2545A42D-AA47-4F48-A322-0C2743BA323D.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 077E0D18-EF39-4578-9100-6E43DE657CA6.jpg
    077E0D18-EF39-4578-9100-6E43DE657CA6.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here are some funny moments from June 15th.

1 unanswered email from Freak as well as a couple of tweets.

I was really missing you guys at this point and was pretty pissed at myself for underestimating how long of a period of time 30 days really is.

One of my best qualities is my honesty, though. So being a man of my word and not posting again until 7/1 was the only option for a stand-up guy like myself.

I never got that tweet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back