2018 Bowl predictions

secking

Not even June yet, but why not, ey?

Liberty Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Tennessee
Tennessee fans would be extremely excited to play in a bowl game during Jeremy Pruitt's first season and judging by the schedule, there's a clear path to get there as long as the Vols don't go belly up during that brutal midseason stretch vs. Top 20 competition.

Others:
Music City-MSU vs GT
Citrus-SC vs PSU
Sugar-AU vs OK
Gator-UF vs Northwestern
Outback-LSU vs Nebraska
Belt-ARK vs FSU
Birmingham-UM vs SMU
CFP-UGA vs CU
CFP-UA vs OSU

2018-2019 Spring Bowl Projections, CFP Picks: Dates & Gametimes | College Football News

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 4 people
Arkansas in the Belt Bowl?

With the azz whippings they’ll receive, I can’t think of anything more apt.

Reactions: 3 people
A birth in the bowls and I'm pleased with the beginning of the Pruitt era. That means we beat the Vegas odds and hold my expectations

Birmingham/Liberty at best. But I think we will be in Knoxville come bowl season.
This is not Dooley or Butch Jones lol. Yes Butch didn’t leave a bunch of talent for Pruitt but 5-7? I think Pruitt is more competent than last 2 clowns.
1. WV toss up ...everyone is really bragging on WV and WV is not consistently good and Tennessee normally wins openers.
2. ETSU W easy win
3. UTEP W
4. UF Toss Up...this is not the Spurrier’s or Urban Meyer’s team and the gators didn’t even make a bowl last season.
5. UGA L ...we normally play them tough besides last season
6. Auburn L ...anything could happen but tough playing them especially at Auburn and we haven’t beaten them since 1999.
7. Bama L
8. Charlotte W
9. USC jr. W mild upset
10. UK W... back to kicking UK’s ass
11. Missouri W .... we gotta beat Dooley’s especially him being OC
12. Vandy W ...Pruitt will have Vols ready for Vandy after our ass kicking last season from Vandy which like Florida didn’t even make a bowl.
7-5 if we go 0-2 on my toss ups or 8-4 with a split and I am leaning for a 8-4 record with a win over Florida or WV and make it to the Belk, Music or Gator bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I want to see Tennessee in a bowl game but extremely excited about any bowl game like the Liberty Bowl...nope.

I want to see Tennessee in a bowl game but extremely excited about any bowl game like the Liberty Bowl...nope.

I kinda think the same way, I remember the glory days and think we should be a top ten team bangin it with great teams for big stakes. Then reality sinks in and I realize we are at square one again. But then, at that cheapo bowl....that beautiful orange and white takes the field, and suddenly I'm very much interested again!

Reactions: 1 person
No bowl for the 5-7 Vols in 2018 and let me add that will be the 5th season the Vols haven’t went bowling in this decade.

Reactions: 2 people
Even though I will be thrilled to see Tennessee make a bowl I hate the Liberty bowl. Not the bowl itself per se, but the stadium. That place makes the east side of Neyland look like Jerry's world. A stadium in a parking lot in the middle of a bigger parking lot which has not been renovated in at least 40 years. Maybe the University of Memphis has tidied it up since the last time I was there.

Even though I will be thrilled to see Tennessee make a bowl I hate the Liberty bowl. Not the bowl itself per se, but the stadium. That place makes the east side of Neyland look like Jerry's world. A stadium in a parking lot in the middle of a bigger parking lot which has not been renovated in at least 40 years. Maybe the University of Memphis has tidied it up since the last time I was there.
Main thing is we make it to a bowl which I am some what confident we will because of who we play. If Memphis then I would be fine with it. Will I go? Probably not since I live in Tri Cities would rather drive to Jacksonville closer and nicer, Charlotte is 150 miles or 4 hrs to Atlanta or Nashville.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back