8. Texas A&M = ($70.4 million)
9. Ole Miss = ($62.7 million)
10. South Carolina = ($60.3 million)
11. Kentucky = ($36.4 million)
12. Mississippi State = ($35.7 million)
13. Mizzou = ($29.2 million)
14. Vanderbilt = ($29 million;

Reactions: 2 people
You don't have to win to make money and the Vols are evidence of this. Tennessee's fanbase is a frenzied bunch and thanks to seven massive home games in 2016 along with the Battle at Bristol, Tennessee remains one the nation's few "mega" programs. From Penn Live: "UT’s net take after expenses was a gargantuan $78.1M, largest by far in the league, as it remained the richest member of the richest conference."

Reactions: 3 people
Offered Gundy $7mm....Saban, Meyer, and Shaw ain’t leaving where they are. Throw out some names....

Gundy was a PR move for the restless Vol fans.

Available in Coaching Search 2017:

Chris Petersen
Gary Patterson
Chip Kelly

Further down the list we could have least made a serious attempt at Scott Frost or Mullen. You know, guys with head ball coach experience.

Nah, instead we went after Pedo State Schiano a coach that literally no school is interested in at Head Coach.

Yeah, we’re serious about football.

Reactions: 5 people

Chris Petersen
Gary Patterson
Chip Kelly

Further down the list we could have least made a serious attempt at Scott Frost or Mullen. You know, guys with head ball coach experience.

Nah, instead we went after Pedo State Schiano a coach that literally no school is interested in at Head Coach.

And the AD that thought that was a great idea is no longer here . We hired a new AD and got one of the winningest DCs in college football . The first three you mentioned I don’t think has any interest in playing in the SEC their agents make them a ton of money off schools like us just by mentioning the opening and they get to stay where they are at . Let’s wait and see how mr frost does . That leaves Mullen’s ... he will either find a way to win with all that Florida talent surrounding him or he will wish he had stayed at the one that didn’t demand as much . I think he took a huge gamble .

And the AD that thought that was a great idea is no longer here . We hired a new AD and got one of the winningest DCs in college football . The first three you mentioned I don’t think has any interest in playing in the SEC their agents make them a ton of money off schools like us just by mentioning the opening and they get to stay where they are at . Let’s wait and see how mr frost does . That leaves Mullen’s ... he will either find a way to win with all that Florida talent surrounding him or he will wish he had stayed at the one that didn’t demand as much . I think he took a huge gamble .

Excuses man. I love my University but we have to stop giving them a pass for this ineptitude. The top revenue and profit producing school in the SEC could have landed one of those top 3 if they were serious about football.

Excuses man. I love my University but we have to stop giving them a pass for this ineptitude. The top revenue and profit producing school in the SEC could have landed one of those top 3 if they were serious about football.

Talked me into it! What do I do now?

Reactions: 8 people

What would the “ excuse” be if we land one of those three say for 10 mill a year plus the huge buy out that you know comes along with that , and he flops because he couldn’t make it here ?

What would the “ excuse” be if we land one of those three say for 10 mill a year plus the huge buy out that you know comes along with that , and he flops because he couldn’t make it here ?

He’s much less likely to flop because he’s already won elsewhere as a head coach. It’s the same gamble you make hiring assistants and gym coaches anyway.

Only Time will tell, but maybe.....just maybe, we did land a top 3 coach?!? Just saying Don't Taze me Bro!! :blink:

That’s easy. Cancel season tickets and all donations. Let them know you’ll come back when they hire a proven winner.

So cancel all Season tickets , stop all donations , fire CJP? Start a new coaching search ? Hire mega coach ?

He’s much less likely to flop because he’s already won elsewhere as a head coach. It’s the same gamble you make hiring assistants and gym coaches anyway.

Do you think chip Kelly is worth that money and that risk ?

So cancel all Season tickets , stop all donations , fire CJP? Start a new coaching search ? Hire mega coach ?

Too late to fire and make the correct hire now, but you can protest by keeping your money, or just fork over those thousands every year for 5 wins, 7 wins, etc.

Post on the internet until the next coaching search. Probably end of 2021.

What will we have to talk about on Volnation?

Edit : never mind I already know ... urban Meyer , Bama still sucks , Florida is close to firing Mullen and all we have to do is wait until then to offer him 10 mil and we have our new coach .

Last edited:
It’s a new initiative. Let’s monitor the effectiveness.

Yea, I'm not going any further with that.

Its irrelevant who we coulda, woulda or shoulda had. We're going into the 18 season with Pruitt. Crying about it won't change it.

Besides, he might just get it done.

Reactions: 7 people

Chris Petersen
Gary Patterson
Chip Kelly

Lol. Ok, none of those guys were coming here either. Kelly was always gonna go out West, wound up at UCLA and actually took less money to do so. Patterson has a freaking statue on campus, right next to the stadium....where is he going? Nowhere. People have been trying to lure Petersen away from Boise State for years....Washington in the Northwest was the ONLY place he was willing to go to.

An attempt to get Frost was made, but he was only ever going back home to Nebraska....left a 13-0 team to do so. It’s a bit sketchy about Mullen although it appears we did make contact with him right before he announced he was going back to Florida.....but the jury is still out on him anyway.

It’s clear you don’t like the Pruitt hire for your own reasons, I guess lack of head coaching experience being the primary one. However, coaches with previous experience fail every year after moving to new schools.....while coordinators with no previous experience have good to great success all the time.

Pruitt was wildly successful as a DCoordinator at the highest levels of college football....and he’s put together an excellent staff. What do ya say we let him/them fail first before proclaiming they’ll never pan out here and we’re bad hires?

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back