Spring Ball showed me 9 wins for 2018

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
- And it's not because...we have a bunch of talent. We have "good" talent. It's the improved fundamental across the board I saw. Coaching improvement is already evident.

- Banks and Chryst. Yes London will have a say, but Banks is a future star. Chryst will either win the job OR push Jarret Gaurantano to a knew level.
I saw improved route anticipation in all our QB.

- Defensively...still. a work. But Sapp, Theo Jackson showed starting ability as backups.
But overall the defense showed some speed. Need to get better at point of attack. Bituli and Kirkland will bring the needed juice from the middle.

We showed improvement on offense in our concepts and speed. Banks will bring the power. We already have an idenity. And were not even at full strength. Run to set up the pass. Dobbs basically gave us an identity for 3 years by accident.

So I believe, spring showed that this team has already improved.

We'll able to run the ball.
Can we stop the run?? I believe that will happen when we are full strength defensively. There are 2 teams on our schedule that are just more talented. They're also well coached.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
Missouri all because we will be able to handle their line of scrimmage...both sides.

Reactions: 18 people
100% disagree with you, but you backed it up with why you beleive this, so I can respect it. I just don't see what you are seeing.

Reactions: 19 people
OP, did you happen to be wearing these when you watched the spring game?

CTMFOOrg.jpg

Might explain the disconnect. :)

Reactions: 30 people
- And it's not because...we have a bunch of talent. We have "good" talent. It's the improved fundamental across the board I saw. Coaching improvement is already evident.

- Banks and Chryst. Yes London will have a say, but Banks is a future star. Chryst will either win the job OR push Jarret Gaurantano to a knew level.

- Defensively...still. a work. But Sapp, Theo Jackson showed starting ability as backups.
But overall the defense showed some speed. Need to get better at point of attack. Bituli and Kirkland will bring the needed juice from the middle.

We showed improvement on offense in our concepts and speed. Banks will bring the power. We already have an idenity. And were not even at full strength. Run to set up the pass. Dobbs basically gave us an identity for 3 years by accident.

Can we stop the run?? I believe that will happen when we are full strength defensively. There are 2 teams on our schedule that are just more talented. They're also well coached.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
Missouri all because we will be able to handle their line of scrimmage...both sides.

Thanks.....I needed that chuckle.......

Reactions: 5 people
100% disagree with you, but you backed it up with why you beleive this, so I can respect it. I just don't see what you are seeing.

Maybe he knows that we are going to play 9 more spring games......we win ALL of those......

Reactions: 2 people
I like the optimism but how can you truly form an opinion on spring ball saying we get 9 wins with this bunch? Last time I checked CJP has never been a HC, our Defense is Swiss cheese, and offensive line is beyond bad. The staff is praying we get O line transfers because they are so bad. 6 wins in my opinion or 7 maybe but probably not. 9 REG season wins means we are competing for the SECE (finishing 2nd behind UGA most likely) and I don't see that but hope you are right.

Last edited:
No OLine = No pass protection and no running

5 wins

I hope you’re right OP.

Good post OP....I don't know if we get 9 wins but I think we definitely go bowling this year.....OTOH Mclroy mentioned that we had at least 12 players who have started games last seaon that missed the spring game due to injuries. He said most of not all of them are expected to play on the fall and that we would see a completely different team this fall than what we seen during the spring game....so u may be right...the article is on 247...GBO

Reactions: 1 person

We beat Florida
West Virgina and

Lol

The OP graduated from the same school of delusional thought as Orange Defense, Nationdom, and 4DH.

Last edited:
It's possible. There's 9 games that I feel like we could win. If we get on that type of roll anything's possible. Look at what auburn did malzons first year. They went from 3-9 to playing in the national championship in one year. Yes that was a good team but what changed between those two years? Different coaching, players buying in, and getting big breaks that gave that team momentum. You can't tell me that momentum doesn't have an effect on a football team. If this team comes out swinging and is 4 and 0 going into Georgia, they might lose the next three but you can't tell me they aren't going to buy in. If that happens, anything is possible. Pruitt has never been a HC, so yes we could have a 5 win season or he might be the biggest steal of this generation and take this team to the top quickly. All of you people just moping around belittling people because they think we have a chance should really find another hobby because there is no reason to spend your time being depressed about this and sucking the life out of everyone else. By the way you all talk we should just not play next season if we're as hopeless as you think.

Reactions: 6 people
Well Clemson wears orange, as well.

J/K OP! I like the enthusiasm.

To get 6 we’d have to beat Charlotte, UTEP, ETSU, UK, Vandy, and Mizzou. I don’t see any reason we can’t do that. And that’s assuming we don’t beat somebody like South Carolina who beat us 17-9 last year despite our train wreck of a team. I’m very comfortable predicting 6 wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Well Clemson wears orange, as well.

J/K OP! I like the enthusiasm.

Its weird for me. Logic tells me there is no way we win 9 games after last year, but I look at the schedule and the Tennessee emotions in me say "come on, 9 might be a stretch, but it ain't laughable".

I know, "LOL". I expect to win 6, I'm not gonna pass out from surprise if we win 8.

I will be surprised if we win 4 or less. In my mind, Pruitt will never win the SEC if he only manages 4 or less. I don't guarantee that, and won't bet on it, just my thoughts.

Its weird for me. Logic tells me there is no way we win 9 games after last year, but I look at the schedule and the Tennessee emotions in me say "come on, 9 might be a stretch, but it ain't laughable".

I know, "LOL". I expect to win 6, I'm not gonna pass out from surprise if we win 8.

I will be surprised if we win 4 or less. In my mind, Pruitt will never win the SEC if he only manages 4 or less. I don't guarantee that, and won't bet on it, just my thoughts.

The way I see it is:

Win the 3 cupcakes.

Find some wins vs: WV, UF, UK, USC, Mizzou, Vandy

Hope for a miracle vs: Bama, Barn, UGA

So take out the last 3 and it boils down to those middle 6. Can UT find 3-4 wins in there. Why not? If they can win 3-4 why not all 6?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back