National media figuring out Haslam

Want a good test of whether a government action is crooked or not? Just look for the no-bid contracts.

Tennessee signed a $330 million, five-year contract with Jones Lang LaSalle, the world’s largest facilities management firm, to privatize thousands of facilities and management jobs at all public buildings. Under a process called “vested outsourcing,” JLL did not have to bid for the project but instead, was able to sit down with the state and scope out the nature of the contract.

We have two grifter political parties and 40% of the populace is always happy to open their wallet to the thieves if it is their brand of crooks doing the stealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
I am not a big Gov. Haslam fan but he has stated repeatedly that he is not interested in that job. Besides he cannot have that job because he does not have he required degrees.

I would tend to agree however, a few days ago I was reminded that Lamar Alexander didn't have the degrees either.

Haslam is a power hungry moron and his continued statements about NOT wanting the job, in effect, leads me to believe he in fact does want to be President of UT. In my opinion, this is like a politician saying he's not going to do something and then does exactly what he said he wouldn't do . . . and Haslam is a politician!

:twocents:

GBO

Reactions: 2 people
We have had nothing but Academics and Bureaucrats in charge for more than a Decade, this is the heart of the problem!!!

Put Academics in charge of .....ACADEMICS!!

And Sports People in charge of .....SPORTS!!

Its not rocket Science!!!
:blink:

Serious, you want athletics to be autonomous? This is school team. Yes, its ridiculous for academics to be making decisions at this athletic level. They can't possibly handle it of course. The problem lies with the athletic level not academic involvement. Monetary levels have driven this responsibility off the charts. Need to bring the athletic monetary levels back to common sense numbers. Top paid employee should be the President not the football coach.

Reactions: 4 people
Serious, you want athletics to be autonomous? This is school team. Yes, its ridiculous for academics to be making decisions at this athletic level. They can't possibly handle it of course. The problem lies with the athletic level not academic involvement. Monetary levels have driven this responsibility off the charts. Need to bring the athletic monetary levels back to common sense numbers. Top paid employee should be the President not the football coach.

Saban gets what he gets paid because the market deems him so. Price ceilings on labor is quite horrific. If Alabama thinks Saban is worth 11 mil, then let them pay it instead of taking his salary from 11 mil to maybe 1.

Reactions: 1 person

That is akin to thinking like a Luddite. "I like the olden days without machines. We should all give up automobiles and go back to getting places on horseback. While we're at it, lets get rid of subways and use horsedrawn trolleys again".

That **** head may vetoed the proton therapy bill which was passed overwhelmingly in the house and Senate.

Depends on how much garbage amended stuff is attached to it. Headlines are less than eight words, but an entire bill is 20 to 30+ pages long. I've learned to ignore headlines and dig into the pages before questioning any veto.

Now to take the other side of the argument, I am glad they didn't bring those lobbyists onto the board. I have zero use for lobbyists on either side of the aisle.

That is akin to thinking like a Luddite. "I like the olden days without machines. We should all give up automobiles and go back to getting places on horseback. While we're at it, lets get rid of subways and use horsedrawn trolleys again".

My past life misses the smell of fresh horse feces on the asphalt during the summer. Thanks for the memory lane moment.

Might want to take a step back and chill out with the complaints, Tennesseans. From my point of view, your state is doing VERY well. Your governor has done an outstanding job... history has shown that he knows what he's doing.

When the president of UT brings in more money than the Football Coach he should be paid more. From what I can tell most all college level admin are WAY overpaid.

The fact is UT has been “out sourcing” jobs for decades. It only became a problem when Haslam started doing it. For the record I don’t care for the Haslams.

Want a good test of whether a government action is crooked or not? Just look for the no-bid contracts.

We have two grifter political parties and 40% of the populace is always happy to open their wallet to the thieves if it is their brand of crooks doing the stealing.

Well done.

I work for a private company that had many state contracts before Haslem become Governor. After he was elected, he out sourced all those contracts to JLL. We lost $$$$$$. I'm not saying I support Beverly Davenport and all the things she supported, but I definitely don't support that lying, egotistical HoH.

VN Store

Back