don't freak out about the extension

I think your post here makes the most sense....

We all love Holly.... a great person.... a devoted LV forever....

The way we have been ending each year.... has been more than disappointing.... and is it because Holly was saddled with following a legend? is it because of injuries? is it because of the refs? No no and no.... and then you get to the on-the-court potential reasons for so-so performance... and for this list you need look no further than Holly's post game pressers.... we were quick shooting... we didn't defend the 3 well enough... we didn't "want it" as much as the other team... etc..... all things that are 100% within the control of the coaching staff...

It seems this thread has turned to focus on attendance... attendance HAS been down countrywide for several years... but whether it has been or not, I am not focused on attendance.... yes i would like 14K at TBA like everyone else.... but I want to have a team that is talented, hard nosed, and comes to play every game... i want to win... and of course we all know the relationship between winning and attendance....

Relative to the thread subject it is sad that .... if the posts here are true,.... that the AD would just fritter away another year for this program.... an iconic brand in the game... there seems to be an acceptance that if we are 25-8 that is good enough.... South Carolina, Miss St, they have gone past us.... and shoot, Georgia, Mizzou.... what about Alabama..... they have beaten us 4 times straight now......

Just sad.... I respect whatever decision is made.... just sad in resignation.... Hopeful we do OK next year

After the fourth year, the program directly reflects the coach. Even a legend's personal input can't exceed their death. After four years that team became CHW's team.

The recruiting/recruits are off the charts we are getting the top commits. But we got to do something with them. They have to get better each year.

Now.

Reactions: 4 people
It doesn't change anything. We knew she would get one more year to "prove" herself. I'm sure the contract will be structured with a reasonable buyout in the likely event Holly fizzles out again next season it won't be difficult to get rid of her.

It's more a formality in that her contract can't be used against her in recruiting, although I'm not sure it will make a difference. Recruits are smart and they do their research. They know Holly is a lame duck. I would be surprised to see her land any elite prospects in this class, look for more of the fringe top 100....

It shows the AD doesn't care about the basketball program or lack thereof. This is not a top 20 team

Reactions: 1 person
Bring in Carolyn Peck as HC for 3 years & see what happens.

She won a NC @ Purdue of all places & she knows how to coach up these All-Americans that's on our Lady Vols team.

She was an assistant coach @ one time for us I believe under Pat.

Sorry, I don't consider Peck an upgrade over Holly.

Don't freak? Sorry, too late. I freaked. I want and expect more. Get over it. I want it all back.

OK so we weren't the best of the best after Geno got his groove on. They won 9 of 13 and 4 of 4 in NC games. Otherwise we were unstoppable. Yes the offense side of the game was passing us by. Pat knew that and took steps to try to correct that (hired Harry Paretta as an offensive consultant {{not the best choice but "A" for effort}}

Holly? " I don't know". She has no clue the offensive side of the floor passed her by

Reactions: 2 people
Will there be any stipulations with this extension? Changes on the staff? Anything?

Tennessee is getting some of the top recruits now, but they are not being developed. What about an offensive coach? Or a coach that will improve skill sets? Develop the bigs? Instill discipline?

Anyone else think Lockwood needs to go? How about replacing him for a top notch assistant if Holly is staying?

Will there be any stipulations with this extension? Changes on the staff? Anything?

Tennessee is getting some of the top recruits now, but they are not being developed. What about an offensive coach? Or a coach that will improve skill sets? Develop the bigs? Instill discipline?

Anyone else think Lockwood needs to go? How about replacing him for a top notch assistant if Holly is staying?

:popcorn:

I think you keep Dean but you find a way to bring in an offensive guru as a consultant kind of like how Dawn did last season with Melanie Balcomb, she wasn't given a title of coach but some other position which allowed her to be involved with the team.

I think you keep Dean but you find a way to bring in an offensive guru as a consultant kind of like how Dawn did last season with Melanie Balcomb, she wasn't given a title of coach but some other position which allowed her to be involved with the team.

there you go

I'm sure you refer a coach with extensive D1 offense experience. Correct?

VN Store

Back