'18 GA QB Jacob Cendoya (Preferred Walk On)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_5307489.jpg

PRO
6-1
CLASS OF 18
ALPHARETTA, GA
(MOUNT PISGAH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL)

Jacob Cendoya, Mount Pisgah Christian School, Pro-Style Quarterback

Jacob Cendoya - Hudl

[twitter]969344387443552259[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
class of 2018 quarterback jacob cendoya of mount pisgah christian school in johns creek, ga., told govols247 that he committed to tennessee on wednesday as a preferred walk-on.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound cendoya, who once was committed to play baseball at troy, chose the vols just six days after they hosted him on a visit last week. He also had received scholarship offers from east tennessee state, the citadel, savannah state, saint francis and jacksonville university.

Cendoya was named to georgia's class a all-state team last year after throwing for 2,679 yards and 31 touchdowns in 11 games while also rushing for 1,127 yards and 17 touchdowns.

He's the second class of 2018 quarterback to commit to the vols as a preferred walk-on, joining bart harris of belton (mo.) high school.

Tennessee has only two returning scholarship quarterbacks — redshirt sophomore jarrett guarantano and rising sophomore will mcbride — on its current roster. But three-star quarterback signee jt shrout of santa clarita, calif., is set to join the vols this summer, and former stanford quarterback keller chryst recently announced that he's planning to enroll at tennessee in june as a graduate transfer.

Reactions: 9 people
I've seen Jacob play live 4 times. Him being 6'1 is a bit of a stretch, more like 5'10. He does have a decently muscular, seemingly well put together frame however.

He was certainly a player who demanded attention going against Class A competition. But he greatly benefited from being surrounded by a good collection of talented teammates, while also playing on 1 of the most historically dominant Single A teams in GA.

IMO he'll be a 'buster" on the D1 college level vs. SEC quality players.Definitely lacks enough God given talent to ever see any real playing time at UT. He should of committed to ETSU & been a scholarship player there, & potentially a star.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I've seen Jacob play live 4 times. Him being 6'1 is a bit of a stretch, more like 5'10. He does have a decently muscular, seemingly well put together frame however.

He was certainly a player who demanded attention going against Class A competition. But he greatly benefited from being surrounded by a good collection of talented teammates, while also playing on 1 of the most historically dominant Single A teams in GA.

IMO he'll be a 'buster" on the D1 college level vs. SEC quality players.Definitely lacks enough God given talent to ever see any real playing time at UT. He should of committed to ETSU & been a scholarship player there, & potentially a star.

so what you are saying is , he will not be a late first rounder and a 9 time pro bowler and future HOF ?

gee, didn't know Coach Pruitt and staff was that big of a dummy...thanks for letting us know...maybe you're right...PWO did make me wonder...thanks, guess we'll see...

GBO!

Good depth addition and does anybody know how many preferred walk on players a team can have during a season?

I can't for one of our new no star, walk on 3-4 stringer to come in and play lights out against Florida.

Reactions: 1 person

Kids probably done more with his life than you...don't be so salty.

Reactions: 5 people

I take your kid is his back up?

Reactions: 6 people
The film says he drops the ball in a basket better than any film I have seen recently.

JJ will catch his passes.

Another warm body competing without giving up a scholarship. What's not to like?

Pow.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back