'18 JUCO OG Johncarlo Valentin

Personally, I believe the writing was on the wall for Valentin not being a Vol once Joe Osovet was not hired as UT's receiver coach.

Didn't realize his but Callahan made a good point on 247. Rhule came from Temple and recruited this kid out of HS. His staff at Baylor has several PA ties. Now it makes more sense

No doubt. Getting a shot at it still indicates to me that he is well thought of though, IMO.

Remember when Al Davis hired Kiffin? The rest of the league kinda mocked him. This is similar. The work of one madman. :scare:

Reactions: 1 person
Remember when Al Davis hired Kiffin? The rest of the league kinda mocked him. This is similar. The work of one madman. :scare:

Kiffin isnt a bad coach though. Just a bad human being who can't get out of his own way with a lot of money/freedom/power. Brilliant football mind though, and I think that is what Irsay, crazy as he may be, saw in Rhule.

I'm not banging the table for him. Just pointing out he was offered an NFL head coaching job, not an assistant position.

Kiffin isnt a bad coach though. Just a bad human being who can't get out of his own way with a lot of money/freedom/power. Brilliant football mind though, and I think that is what Irsay, crazy as he may be, saw in Rhule.

I'm not banging the table for him. Just pointing out he was offered an NFL head coaching job, not an assistant position.

What he is WAS unknown. Had yet to be written. There wasn’t a rational thought process in that hire. Irsay is replicating that model. Read ESPN articles on the internet and form your search list. Rhule is not on any non-demented GM’s. He needs a track record first. This isn’t a judgement on his brilliance or lack thereof. It’s how things work.

What he is WAS unknown. Had yet to be written. There wasn’t a rational thought process in that hire. Irsay is replicating that model. Read ESPN articles on the internet and form your search list. Rhule is not on any non-demented GM’s. He needs a track record first. This isn’t a judgement on his brilliance or lack thereof. It’s how things work.

Ok.

Meanwhile, Tennessee has a couple of staffers up in Philadelphia checking in on both Jahmir Johnson, a UT signee, and Johncarlo Valentin. While the JUCO OG committed to Baylor on Sunday, he remains an active target for UT.

- Simonton

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back