Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woah!!! Boom!!

Should tell us all that we need to know about what Pruitt’s peers think of him… Johnson is a Louisiana native and turned down LSU, yet left Memphis to come to Knoxville to coach under Pruitt. Also, it tells you what many think about Orgeron.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/volnetwork_img/status/952226635796926467[/twitter]

Here’s the call Bruin was referencing I believe.

This the guy that LSU tried to hire last year?

Haven’t read any articles saying it but I know that was brought up by others around here earlier this week when his name started popping up.

Also, not to say he couldn’t have handled it but I like that this move will for sure keep CRG at RB coach.

Yeldon, Ragland, Dareus, Andre Smith, Rolando McClain, CJ Mosley, Julio Jones, Mark Barron, Robert Lester, Kirkpatrick, Dee Miliner, OJ Howard, Daron Payne, Mack Wilson, Rashaan Evans, Reuben Foster, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Kerryon Johnson, Marquis Maze, Christion Jones, TD Moultry(Auburn 5 Star freshman #55 played a lot this year)....... There are more I just came off the top of my head. Auburn has had quite a few as well. This isn’t close because the classes in Tennessee only produce guys every other year it seems. And the freak athletes aren’t popping up like the other states. Tennessee may produce 1-4 yearly while the other states will give you 10-15 annually. That’s the big difference. IMO

I guess my point wasn't so much that Tennessee talent is close to Alabama talent, but that there is talent here and we've just done a piss poor job of identifying it and recruiting it. There are 52 active NFL players that were born in the state of Alabama, and 32 active NFL players that were born in Tennessee. Of the 32 active NFL players born in TN, only 6 were drafted out of the University of Tennessee. The numbers for AL aren't quite double the numbers for TN, but I bet both Auburn and Bama have better track records with their in state talent, despite the fact that those 2 major programs actually had to share that in state talent pool.

We have done a terrible of identifying and recruiting in state talent for 15 years or so. Hopefully coach Pruitt can get this turned around.

Last edited:
Why are you worried about strength coach assistants/helpers? The guy in charge is who to worry about who it is. do you ever know who anyone else's Asst strength coach is?

Was it the "no harm", or "nothing major" in my post that made me worried?
It's odd how even casual conversation is made out to be something it absolutely isn't, on this board. Especially when you take the time to add the qualifiers to make sure it's not taken that way.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven’t read any articles saying it but I know that was brought up by others around here earlier this week when his name started popping up.

Also, not to say he couldn’t have handled it but I like that this move will for sure keep CRG at RB coach.

David Johnson says 'No' to LSU, will remain at Memphis

Apparently he turned them down because of a rift between LA area HS coach and Coach O/LSU.

Yes because he has tons of Louisiana connections. UGA and someone else was trying to add him this week too. Not sure what UGA was talking to him about assume extra assistant

vqGeMsr.gif

How in the world does a guy who is the walking, talking embodiment of the state of Louisiana screw up connections with HS coaches in THE STATE OF LOUISIANA???

Can't remember. He did something pretty bad when he got full time HC job that pissed a bunch of people off. Trying to throw around his power or something. If I recall right

David Johnson has a lot of HC qualities to him when watching his videos. He could be one that we see doing big things in future.

Just listed to the volquest podcast, and they were talking about some of the issues with Jennings. They said he really wanted Dormady to be the QB and would refuse to take reps when Guarantano was at QB; he basically refused to catch a pass from JG. I had heard media members before alluding to there being other issues besides the epic rant, but that was the first time I had heard anything specific like that.

That just doesn't sound right to me. Sure players have issues with one another and some have preferences for starting QBs but they typically put those things aside. JJ is such a competitor that I just can't picture him refusing to catch a pass from JG. It sounds like gossip but the kind of gossip that covers up something else -- like maybe JJ walking out because he hated Jones and being lied to.

Hell, he was injured most of the year and everyone knew Dormady was going to be the starter in game 1. The story they're telling just doesn't smell right to me.

Reactions: 2 people
How in the world does a guy who is the walking, talking embodiment of the state of Louisiana screw up connections with HS coaches in THE STATE OF LOUISIANA???

I forget the details but I do remember last year he did in fact piss off a lot of Louisiana high school coaches. Not positive, but I think some of it had to do with pressure he put on some high schools to cancel college satellite camps from out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back