Netflix

My favorites are

White Bear
Shut Up and Dance
Hang the DJ
White Christmas
USS Callister

Surprised at the low IMDb ratings for season 4. Crocodile is only a 7.4? I don't get it. It was a cool idea and it was super ****ed up.

I rewatched Shut Up and Dance, I was too hard on it the first time. Crocodile however sucks, I don't think it's kind of ****ed up, just boring.
the baby was blind, but we have a Guinea pig, such a dumb twist.

Last edited:
So far I've watched...

15 Million Merits
White Christmas
Hang The DJ
USS Callister

I liked every one of them so far, but I'm not sure which one was my favorite.

I like all those, Hang the DJ really high up my list even though it's melo by Dark Mirror standards. Huff hated it, but I really liked Nosedive. National Anthem is pretty ****ed up. Mine are probably.

Really good
15 Million Merits
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
USS Callister
Nosedive
Be Right Back

Good
The Entire History of You
The National Anthem
White Bear
Hated in the Nation
Men Against Fire
Shut Up and Dance

Meh
Arkangel
Black Museum
Playtest

Set them on fire
San Juniper
Metalhead
Crocodile
The Waldo Moment

I like all those, Hang the DJ really high up my list even though it's melo by Dark Mirror standards. Huff hated it, but I really liked Nosedive. National Anthem is pretty ****ed up. Mine are probably.

Really good
15 Million Merits
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
USS Callister

Nosedive
Be Right Back

Good
The National Anthem
White Bear
Hated in the Nation
Men Against Fire
Shut Up and Dance

Meh
Arkangel
Black Museum
Playtest

Set them on fire
San Juniper
Metalhead
Crocodile
The Waldo Moment

I have watched all of the ones in bold so far. I will most likely watch Nosedive, White Bear, The Entire History of You, and Be Right Back next. I have read that all of those are good from multiply people.

I rewatched Shut Up and Dance, I was too hard on it the first time. Crocodile however sucks, I don't think it's kind of ****ed up, just boring.
the baby was blind, but we have a Guinea pig, such a dumb twist.

How is it not ****ed up?

Killing a baby when you weren't capable of killing two days ago? It was a like a Coen brothers style story of quick human decay. They didn't need to make the baby blind, but the guinea pig was a cool twist or did you see it coming?

Really good
15 Million Merits
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
USS Callister
Nosedive
Be Right Back

Good
The National Anthem
White Bear
Hated in the Nation
Men Against Fire
Shut Up and Dance

Meh
Arkangel
Black Museum
Playtest

Set them on fire
San Juniper
Metalhead
Crocodile
The Waldo Moment

I didn't hate Nosedive, I just didn't think it was one of the best. Some of the episodes feel like the characters are actually part of our world and in that one, they did not. It seemed like a dream sequence or something.

How is it not ****ed up?

Killing a baby when you weren't capable of killing two days ago? It was a like a Coen brothers style story of quick human decay. They didn't need to make the baby blind, but the guinea pig was a cool twist or did you see it coming?

that's why it was dumb, she went from super soft to baby murdering in 2 days, over a letter that she might not have even been mentioned in. And yes as soon as I heard the baby, I mumbled "****ing Guinea Pig" I get why people would like it, was just boring and silly to me.

I didn't hate Nosedive, I just didn't think it was one of the best. Some of the episodes feel like the characters are actually part of our world and in that one, they did not. It seemed like a dream sequence or something.

I just liked it because people can be such slaves to social media, likes, retweets, etc, and I'm more like the old woman in the truck. I have friends that obsess over that stuff, and it's the most baffling thing in the world to me.

Reactions: 1 person
I just liked it because people can be such slaves to social media, likes, retweets, etc, and I'm more like the old woman in the truck. I have friends that obsess over that stuff, and it's the most baffling thing in the world to me.

My thing is I think social media has mostly been a good thing, but yes, anything out of moderation is bad.

There are definitely bad sides to social media that I hate, but ratings systems are not one of them. That was the major issue in that episode. I had to suspend disbelief because rating systems are making the world so much better. I haven't mistakenly gone to a bad restaurant in years. I think rating people is an interesting notion, but there are countless people like you and I who just wouldn't care and it would make the system less impactful. 99% of the people in that episode lived for their rating and that just seems silly.

Still a good episode and the ending was great.

I know, I'm over-analyzing.

Last edited:
My thing is I think social media has mostly been a good thing, but yes, anything out of moderation is bad.

There are definitely bad sides to social media that I hate, but ratings systems are not one of them. That was the major issue in that episode. I had to suspend disbelief because rating systems are making the world so much better. I haven't mistakenly gone to a bad restaurant in years. I think rating people is an interesting notion, but there are countless people like you and I who just wouldn't care and it would make the system less impactful. 99% of the people in that episode lived for their rating and that just seems silly.

Still a good episode and the ending was great.

I know, I'm over-analyzing.

Rating systems for restaurants etc are fine and useful, but I'm talking about people that bug out because you didn't like the picture of their sandwich. Or people on here that think likes matter, maybe it's just an ego boost of some sort. I'm super arrogant so I don't really care. I took the episode as a glimpse at what social media could eventually evolve into. And since I am an arrogant pr*ck, the thought of rating people amused me. Now like my post *****

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
watched Godless, it's great....thought Jeff Daniels was really good in it.

watched Fortitude on Amazon...weird show, slow, but interesting story...but you have to be willing to give it a chance. it's not for everybody. good casts.

watching Shameless now, and love it. never had showtime. so this has been good to get caught up on.

not sure what i want to get caught up in next. saw the posts on Peaky Blinders, may give it a whirl.

Rating systems for restaurants etc are fine and useful, but I'm talking about people that bug out because you didn't like the picture of their sandwich. Or people on here that think likes matter, maybe it's just an ego boost of some sort. I'm super arrogant so I don't really care. I took the episode as a glimpse at what social media could eventually evolve into. And since I am an arrogant pr*ck, the thought of rating people amused me. Now like my post *****

This is slightly political, but:

I've had the thought that if there was a comprehensive rating system for everything, we could create so much good. For example, before buying a Chevrolet, you could quickly get information about how Chevrolet treats customers, employees, women, the environment, and who they donate to politically....whatever you care about. "Voting with your dollars" can be the most powerful agent of change, but it's not so effective when there is so much unknown. You just give Chevrolet the $ because you liked the car enough and had no idea about the rest. Look at the kneelers in the NFL. They lost 10% of viewers and they changed up quick. BP paid more for the oil spill than they were legally obligated to, just because they wanted to kill bad press. When we actually know about ****ty behavior, the market can fix things a lot better than the government can.

watched Godless, it's great....thought Jeff Daniels was really good in it.

watched Fortitude on Amazon...weird show, slow, but interesting story...but you have to be willing to give it a chance. it's not for everybody. good casts.

watching Shameless now, and love it. never had showtime. so this has been good to get caught up on.

not sure what i want to get caught up in next. saw the posts on Peaky Blinders, may give it a whirl.

Daniels was great and the guy playing Roy Goode was great. There were some other good performances, but the acting was probably the weakest component of this show. I love Scoot McNairy, but he was all wrong for the part, as was Sam Waterston. Some of the actors were terrible.

I've had the thought that if there was a comprehensive rating system for everything, we could create so much good. For example, before buying a Chevrolet, you could quickly get information about how Chevrolet treats customers, employees, women, the environment, and who they donate to politically....whatever you care about.

Wow.

Daniels was great and the guy playing Roy Goode was great. There were some other good performances, but the acting was probably the weakest component of this show. I love Scoot McNairy, but he was all wrong for the part, as was Sam Waterston. Some of the actors were terrible.

honestly, i didn't think the guy that played roy goode had much to do except "be boring" lol.

i can agree on the acting, generally speaking. the characters were good, and kind of made up the difference for me. plus, it's not like they required a ton from the acting anyway.......none of the characters had a ton of depth, and the story wasn't long enough to need to develop them more than for that little stint of time in their "overall story".

i'm glad they got rid of watterson fairly early, felt like it could be a forced newsroom reunion...lol

Last edited:
honestly, i didn't think the guy that played roy goode had much to do except "be boring" lol.

i can agree on the acting, generally speaking. the characters were good, and kind of made up the difference for me. plus, it's not like they required a ton from the acting anyway.......none of the characters had a ton of depth, and the story wasn't long enough to need to develop them more than for that little stint of time in their "overall story".

i liked watterson, but was glad he didn't last too long. would have felt like a forced newsroom reunion or something.

Might want to hide that last paragraph.

PSA: From here on out I'm liking every post that Jerry post. Lol I just watched Nosedive and it's been my least favorite so far.

I like the idea and I think it reflects our society a lot, but it really annoyed me for some reason.

Last edited:

I've had the thought that if there was a comprehensive rating system for everything, we could create so much good. For example, before buying a Chevrolet, you could quickly get information about how Chevrolet treats customers, employees, women, the environment, and who they donate to politically....whatever you care about. "Voting with your dollars" can be the most powerful agent of change, but it's not so effective when there is so much unknown. You just give Chevrolet the $ because you liked the car enough and had no idea about the rest. Look at the kneelers in the NFL. They lost 10% of viewers and they changed up quick. BP paid more for the oil spill than they were legally obligated to, just because they wanted to kill bad press. When we actually know about ****ty behavior, the market can fix things a lot better than the government can.

I am both intrigued and repulsed by this idea. Where does it stop though? Say I have a great product and have never hurt or defrauded anyone, but get shoved off into poverty because people find out I am a Christian/atheist, or Democrat/Republican, or a hunter/non hunter or...

I am both intrigued and repulsed by this idea. Where does it stop though? Say I have a great product and have never hurt or defrauded anyone, but get shoved off into poverty because people find out I am a Christian/atheist, or Democrat/Republican, or a hunter/non hunter or...

Similar to "inclusion" which really means "think the way I do or else."

Can we get a rating app for girls that I date? I'm fly paper for the emotionally disturbed.

PSA: From here on out I'm liking every post that Jerry post. Lol I just watched Nosedive and it's been my least favorite so far.

I like the idea and I think it reflects our society a lot, but it really annoyed me for some reason.

Sooo...my plan for more likes worked, lookout VN my opinion will mean something soon. Lol

I would say for the most part that isn't a concern. You might get blackballed if your business is a religious book store and you are atheist, but if you own a car dealership, there are enough people that don't care about that to support your business.

VN Store

Back