TrumPutinGate

I mostly agree with this.
I’ve often thought we’d be better off as a country if we as citizens didn’t get a vote for president. We should elect senators, congressmen and Governors. Govoners should elect the president.

More of a representative republic and less of a democracy.

But that’s not realistic

The 17th Amendment was one of the biggest boondoggles ever pulled on the American people.

I mostly agree with this.
I’ve often thought we’d be better off as a country if we as citizens didn’t get a vote for president. We should elect senators, congressmen and Governors. Govoners should elect the president.

More of a representative republic and less of a democracy.

But that’s not realistic

Without getting into what I truly want for government, which is not feasible at this time, I do have an idea that is more plausible.

Presidential duties are strictly limited to ceremonial matters and is a representative as Head of State with no true power. Depending on the majority elected in Congress, a Prime Minister effectively administers the federal government. Return power to Congress where it belongs. The government can be reformed based on elections every four years for all offices. Two term limit for everyone.

As I have said now many times, the reason this is taking this long is that Mueller knows just how incredibly upsetting and startling the truth is going to be to Trump's base. He is not going to conclude and issue a report until the collected evidence is going to be overwhelming, and we can avoid any sort of serious threat from either Trump trying to stay in office, or his base refusing to listen to reason if it comes down to having to remove him from office.

Lol so now it’s about worrying about people’s feelings. Is there a list of excuses for why this is taking so long? That may be the best one I’ve heard.

Without getting into what I truly want for government, which is not feasible at this time, I do have an idea that is more plausible.

Presidential duties are strictly limited to ceremonial matters and is a representative as Head of State with no true power. Depending on the majority elected in Congress, a Prime Minister effectively administers the federal government. Return power to Congress where it belongs. The government can be reformed based on elections every four years for all offices. Two term limit for everyone.

Spoken like a true libertarian

WTF? Congress and the President are supposed to be equal.

This is a hypothetical system where no one person has the type of power our President wields. The courts would balance the legislature.

The system of government our founding fathers gave us was the most perfect system ever devised by man. We ****ed it up, main culprit was the 17th amendment.

My thinking on this has somewhat changed given the direction we've seen undertaken the last few months. I doubt (but do not yet completely discount) the theory that there was a quid pro quo agreement whereby Trump was approached and agreed to go easy on Russia in exchange for their help in the election.

Rather, I think the more likely explanation for all of this is that they had their hooks in him very deep financially. Given his well known financial problems over the years, his prior ties to Russian oligarchs and financing, I think that Trump turned out simply to be the right guy for them in the right place at the right time.

What we are going to find out is that Trump has decades worth of shady dealings with them, and owes them a ton. So when he won the nomination, the Russians pounced on the opportunity both to play games with our electoral system, and also to take a shot at Trump winning, knowing that if he did he would have to play ball with them.

Trump knows full well that there won't be any signs of explicit collusion and communication of such in the campaign. But he also knows that a thorough examination of his finances will reveal that the Russians literally own him lock, stock, and barrel.

This. Plus, I believe Mueller will find evidence of laundering.

Reactions: 3 people
The system of government our founding fathers gave us was the most perfect system ever devised by man. We ****ed it up, main culprit was the 17th amendment.

Pretty much.
It’s too a point that’s almost beyond recognition and salvage at this point

My thinking on this has somewhat changed given the direction we've seen undertaken the last few months. I doubt (but do not yet completely discount) the theory that there was a quid pro quo agreement whereby Trump was approached and agreed to go easy on Russia in exchange for their help in the election.

Rather, I think the more likely explanation for all of this is that they had their hooks in him very deep financially. Given his well known financial problems over the years, his prior ties to Russian oligarchs and financing, I think that Trump turned out simply to be the right guy for them in the right place at the right time.

What we are going to find out is that Trump has decades worth of shady dealings with them, and owes them a ton. So when he won the nomination, the Russians pounced on the opportunity both to play games with our electoral system, and also to take a shot at Trump winning, knowing that if he did he would have to play ball with them.

Trump knows full well that there won't be any signs of explicit collusion and communication of such in the campaign. But he also knows that a thorough examination of his finances will reveal that the Russians literally own him lock, stock, and barrel.

You've changed your thinking from quid pro quo to "uh oh, the Russians own me"??

I'm not even going to make fun of this because I truly feel bad about what a moron you've become.

Reactions: 2 people

The TT meeting was where the verbal agreement was reached between the subordinates of both parties. There was absolutely nothing the Trump campaign could do with stolen emails. They had to be released by a 3rd party. Russia was doing their thing (hacking America and cultivating relationships with people like Papadopalous) while Trump was doing his (win the primary). Up to the TT meeting their efforts were separate. I don't think there needs to be a specific this for that type of agreement and if there was Flynn should know.

Trumps Empire was diminishing in the US because he was a debt risk and had to get financing from foreign entities. Would be wise for Mueller to look into just how much and from whom. In order to keep from having a direct link between Trump and Whoever, financing was routed through a series of LLC's and offshore accounts and businesses. Finding those entities and money trail will take some time. Starting with Manafort I would say he is on the right track.

Investigators have long wondered whether the data-mining and analysis firm Cambridge Analytica served as a link between the campaign's data operation and Russia.

That scrutiny intensified following revelations that Cambridge CEO Alexander Nix reached out to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in June 2016 asking for access to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's "stolen" emails.

Mueller questions RNC staffers about 2016 digital operations - Business Insider

Reactions: 1 person
It was Hillary’s turn but the orange monster stole it from her! Investigate!

If there wasn't an uproar about russia and the release of the emails, I would say HC and Trump colluded because of their history. For both who would spend so much of their own money for a $400k job just to be attacked on a daily basis unless there is a mountain of cash at the other end.

VN Store

Back