Biopsy's airline gripe thread

I travel for work 99% of the time and carry on. I have TSA pre check and breeze on and off the plane. I hope they never do away with it

I do too.. however Sometimes they open it up to non TSA pre-which really slows down the line because people are completely confused

Last trip to Germany my luggage went missing in Denver... and I spent 4 days waiting for them to find it... they did on the day I spend a couple hundred dollars on new clothes. Was way to frustrated to deal with partial cost recovery with them.

Its a crap shoot these days when you travel.

TSA precheck was best $80 ive spent. Love it.

It's such a racket. I refuse to pay for it even though I could use the "travel allowance" I get from my company each year to pay for it.

The TSA took over airport security because it is so important and can't be compromised or left to private companies after 9/11, but if you give the government money then they'll let you through with less scrutiny. The PreCheck lines are almost always longer than the regular security lines. And the entire notion of airport security is complete theater anyway. It's a total scam.

You can really only breeze onto the plane at very small airports. Generally speaking, flying is a pain and a hassle and you can only hope that you're able to get through each trip with a small number of minor snafus. The best advice you can give a flyer is 1) try to carry on everything and 2) minimize connections. If you don't live by a large airport though, #2 is difficult.

The TSA agents are not very smart.. For those in the TSA pre... We get it.... on what will make the metal detector go off

It's such a racket. I refuse to pay for it even though I could use the "travel allowance" I get from my company each year to pay for it.

The TSA took over airport security because it is so important and can't be compromised or left to private companies after 9/11, but if you give the government money then they'll let you through with less scrutiny. The PreCheck lines are almost always longer than the regular security lines. And the entire notion of airport security is complete theater anyway. It's a total scam.

You can really only breeze onto the plane at very small airports. Generally speaking, flying is a pain and a hassle and you can only hope that you're able to get through each trip with a small number of minor snafus. The best advice you can give a flyer is 1) try to carry on everything and 2) minimize connections. If you don't live by a large airport though, #2 is difficult.

I agree with your philosophical stand against it. Agree flying is generally a hassle. Even agree with your account ofthe historical origination for TSA.
However I rarely see TSA lines as long or longer than general lines. My experience is TSA line also moves much faster.
I am almost always through security in 5 minutes of less out of Nashville.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with your philosophical stand against it. Agree flying is generally a hassle. Even agree with your account ofthe historical origination for TSA.
However I rarely see TSA lines as long or longer than general lines. My experience is TSA line also moves much faster.

The PRE Check line closer the United is faster than the one by Southwest

My biggest peeve is that there is no consistency. Shoes on? In a bin? Directly on the belt? Tablet in suitcase? In a bin? In a bin by itself? Make up your minds and don't act like I'm an idiot because I don't know the rules

Agreed. I travel from Nashville when I fly. I get trough fast. No worries. You pay for the miracle of flying and from getting from point A to B faster than ever before.

My biggest peeve is that there is no consistency. Shoes on? In a bin? Directly on the belt? Tablet in suitcase? In a bin? In a bin by itself? Make up your minds and don't act like I'm an idiot because I don't know the rules

And now tablets have to be done separately.

"Anything larger than a cell phone..."

It probably does work OK in Nashville. It is a decent-sized but by no means huge airport. I fly out of Chattanooga, which doesn't even do PreCheck, and at most of the airports I fly to/back out of when returning home (LGA, JFK, BOS, ORD, DEN, etc.) have insanely long PreCheck lines. If I'm traveling with a colleague and they have PreCheck, I routinely beat them through security going through the regular line.

Odd. Denver airport was the final straw that pushed me to PreCheck. I am getting through much faster than my travel companions.

Last trip to Germany my luggage went missing in Denver... and I spent 4 days waiting for them to find it... they did on the day I spend a couple hundred dollars on new clothes. Was way to frustrated to deal with partial cost recovery with them.

Its a crap shoot these days when you travel.

I traveled to France several years ago out of ATL. The bag never got on the plane. It was three days until it got to CDG, by then I had bought new clothes. Since I was going to the northern coast I packed warm stuff. It turned out warm and sunny the whole time I was there so I didn't need what I had packed. I retrieved my suitcase back at CDG on the way home. At the house, everything was still neatly folded, everything worked out well by mistake. Glad I didn't have to lug around that heavy suitcase for ten days. :)

Odd. Denver airport was the final straw that pushed me to PreCheck. I am getting through much faster than my travel companions.

You should have seen the butthurt in Asheville airport yesterday when people were informed it wasn't a PreCheck airport.

You'd have thought they were getting butt raped when they were told to remove their shoes.

It probably does work OK in Nashville. It is a decent-sized but by no means huge airport. I fly out of Chattanooga, which doesn't even do PreCheck, and at most of the airports I fly to/back out of when returning home (LGA, JFK, BOS, ORD, DEN, etc.) have insanely long PreCheck lines. If I'm traveling with a colleague and they have PreCheck, I routinely beat them through security going through the regular line.

I have Clear. Live in Atlanta. It’s the best travel thing I have done.

I get individuals in the military current and past with PTSD..but seems like more and more dogs on planes

Easy to buy a service dog vest and who wants to challenge it? Best thing you can do is get a sign stating that you're deathly alergic to animal dander.

Dogs are everywhere. I don't understand why businesses aren't allowed to see proof, especially restaurants.

I saw something on this that basically anyone can get a service dog designation. There’s little to no oversight or standards, there’s lots of websites that you pay a fee and get a certificate and vest. People are doing it because they don’t want their dogs in cargo on a plane, or they want to ignore all the no dog areas around town. I’ve seen several at the farmers market and it’s clearly what’s going on.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvKyHyJHEg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOzsqeICR8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O-BOX8-9Mo[/youtube]

My understanding is the reason they can't ask for proof is because it violates something in the Americans with Disabilities Act?

If that's the case, why are handicap placards issued for cars? Is that not the same thing? I guess I'm missing something.

I believe a business can request proof if someone is claiming an animal for emotional support, but not for a service dog associated with a disability?

VN Store

Back