If you ran into Butch Jones..........

I'm glad he's not here anymore but...

I would shake his hand and tell him thanks for giving his all for Tennessee. I wish him the best and I mean that.

There's nothing wrong with Butch....(except his coaching at a big level)

Reactions: 4 people
I would say I bet your replacement doesn't have as good a record as you five years from now. Fulmer botched the hire. You bring in the top coaches in the business and he brings in novices. Time will tell. Those top ten recruiting classes are now down to #45.

You would ask him if he has Tyndall's cell phone number.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey Butchie have you ever heard the name Alvin Kamara? You know the NFL rookie of the year. There was a rumor he dressed for Tenn. for two years. Fool!

Reactions: 2 people
People on here hate Fulmer who won us a national championship while falling all over Jones who never won us nothing and made Tennessee foot ball a laughing stock. Go figure.

Reactions: 1 person
on the street.....what would you say to him? What I would say to him would get me suspended from VN so I will open it up to my Vol Brethren........let 'er rip! :hi:

(fill in the blank)

You'd act like a fan and ask him for his autograph.

I’d say “was that a road trip or what? But don’t worry, there’s plenty more joints all over this great country. I’ll be looking for you next time on diners, drive ins, and dives.”

I would try to treat him the way I would want to be treated if I had failed as the coach. He failed, period. Not on purpose. It was time for him to be replaced but there is no reason to treat him bad. He wanted what we the fans wanted, for UT to win. He didn't succeed. Time to let it go.

Reactions: 5 people
Why didn't you go for 2 in OT against Texas A&M in 2016 when they jumped off sides and you had the ball on the 1 1/2 yard line for the win, on the road.

IMO, that sent a bad message to the team. CBJ had zero faith in his offense to get a yard and a half.

I think that is when he started to lose the locker room.

The players worked their asses off all year, spring, summer, and fall, yet the head coach has no faith in getting 1 1/2 yard on the road, for the WIN. SMDH!

You wouldn't say a word.

For two reasons. 1. You aren't as tough and witty in real life as you are on here. 2. Deep down you know being bad at your job isn't a legit reason to be harassed and assaulted on the street.

I'd say hey Coach and shake his hand.

I pretty much never speak to successful or unsuccessful coaches. I know I wouldn't want total strangers to come up to me all the time to talk.

I'd nod in acknowledged and move on. The last thing anyone needs is a random person in their face out in public, for good or ill.

I would say I bet your replacement doesn't have as good a record as you five years from now. Fulmer botched the hire. You bring in the top coaches in the business and he brings in novices. Time will tell. Those top ten recruiting classes are now down to #45.

Once a Fan Boy, always a Fan Boy :thud:

He loved Tennessee and tried really hard to get us back. I respect him from that standpoint. At the end of the day, he wasn’t lazy. He just couldn’t get over the hump.

I would say: “Thanks for giving your all for Tennessee and I hope you do well at your next stop.”

Reactions: 4 people
You wouldn't say a word.

For two reasons. 1. You aren't as tough and witty in real life as you are on here. 2. Deep down you know being bad at your job isn't a legit reason to be harassed and assaulted on the street.[/QUOTE
Good answer. Personally I would wish him well in his next endeavor. That's what real men do.

Well said.

VN Store

Back