Neyland-Fulmer Stadium

No naming of anything more. A street is enough and maybe too much. The field already has a name and so does the stadium and that is the end of that story....We will have something for him at the KY game and that is enough. He really has tarnished the image of Tennessee football by taking it up and then bringing it to the bottom of the pit....

They could rename the practice facility after Fulmer since apparently that's where they play their best football week in and week out.

Say "Phil Fulmer Film Room" 10 times fast. Guaranteed you'll say fail a few times.

If you want to honor him in the most appropriate way then the city/county jail should be called Fulmer Jail - after all he brought all kinds of hoodlums to Knoxville.

I really like the idea of giving all of our great coaches statues. Fulmer has failed us as of late, but he did bring a lot to the university and a statue would be appropriate. My thoughts were one with maybe him clapping or bringing his hat down over his face. But on a serious note i really like the statue idea for all of our great coaches. Street names are ok, but not really that big of a deal. Some may disagree now, but down the road I would like my kids to be able to get some picture of the men who shaped this program.

Other than the miracle of a single year ('98), I'm still trying to figure out what he did that was so remarkable. He won 2 SEC titles in 16 years.

On another note, no one ever doubted that he "cared" about the program. But "caring" doesn't qualify you to be the coach or have untold honors bestowed upon you for doing the job you're being paid a premium for in the first place.

Other than the miracle of a single year ('98), I'm still trying to figure out what he did that was so remarkable. He won 2 SEC titles in 16 years.

On another note, no one ever doubted that he "cared" about the program. But "caring" doesn't qualify you to be the coach or have untold honors bestowed upon you for doing the job you're being paid a premium for in the first place.

agree with you on that, but we have a history of having tenured coaches and they should be remembered for more than a street sign or having something named after them.

agree with you on that, but we have a history of having tenured coaches and they should be remembered for more than a street sign or having something named after them.

More than a streen named after him? We have dead military officers without streets named after them. What is so special about a football coach doing a standard job?

More than a streen named after him? We have dead military officers without streets named after them. What is so special about a football coach doing a standard job?

Look man, I am speaking on a university level. I really don't think we could name a street for every person who has served our country with honor. Let me clarify what I think would be a way to honor Football Coaches at the University other than having a street named after them. I am not speaking necessarily on behalf of fulmer getting a statue so the world can come and worship the guy because you are 100% correct on his standard job. But I would like to see other men who have served this program with their heart and souls much like fulmer has be recognized as to not be forgotten for what they have done to better this program and university. I think it is a little more fitting to have something tangible such as a statue or a row of plaques opposed to a street. In no way did I try and even approach an argument on why many of our fallen heroes have not been honored, but rather that our sports coaches should be honored at their university in some form other than having their name slapped on something. If we could name every street in the U.S. after a fallen soldier I am all for it, but in no way was that a direction I was trying to head. I apologize if I was not clear. I am not defending fulmer, but would like to see all of the great men in Tennessee football recognized for what they have accomplished.

More than a streen named after him? We have dead military officers without streets named after them. What is so special about a football coach doing a sub-standard job?

fyp

And agree 100%
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wouldn't go as far as naming the stadium after him. Hell he's already got a street, and if Hamilton fails to get a great coach, he'll probably have an AD job as well. Plus the damn Kentucky game is dedicated to him...what else do you want? Oh I know, how about a whole damn UT Football season...oh yea he has that...it's the '98 season. Let's stop living in the past for Christ's sake.

Give Fulmer's name to the Body Farm. He killed our program and and buried it. Of course this could only happen with Dr. Bass' permission. On second thought, Phil's name doesn't even deserve to hang over there. Maybe the pathology department can name a disease after him...one that causes a slow death to occur.

I really like the idea of giving all of our great coaches statues. Fulmer has failed us as of late, but he did bring a lot to the university and a statue would be appropriate. My thoughts were one with maybe him clapping or bringing his hat down over his face. But on a serious note i really like the statue idea for all of our great coaches. Street names are ok, but not really that big of a deal. Some may disagree now, but down the road I would like my kids to be able to get some picture of the men who shaped this program.

Would you say....down Phil Fulmer road?

Fulmer didn't suck -- he was pretty good as careers go -- but he had made a 'hall of fame career' out of 3 or 4 seasons - 1 in particular. I don't think that is revolutionary stuff. But to the other point, it isn't like he found a cure for a fatal disease, which I am getting a wee bit tired about elevating athletes to Mother Theresa status, and then shedding tears all over ourselves because they have a hard day. It just seems incongruent.

Give Fulmer's name to the Body Farm. He killed our program and and buried it. Of course this could only happen with Dr. Bass' permission. On second thought, Phil's name doesn't even deserve to hang over there. Maybe the pathology department can name a disease after him...one that causes a slow death to occur.

Really?? Seriously??...

Class act you are... :bash:

VN Store

Back