Pruitt to Bama in 5-6 years?

GetEmVols

I am thrilled with this hire! I think he will get us back to a good place.

My only problem is if he has success and Alabama asks him to come home he would do that. (to replace saban)
They would of course try for Dabo first but he may turn it down.

1. His family lives in bama
2. He played at bama
3. He is a bama fan and his dad is an auburn fan.

This is the Kiffin effect, but that will always be in the back of my mind.

***With that being said, who gives a damn? We have a coach and if he is successful enough for bama to try for him down the road then he must have us in a good position to get a replacement in the future.***

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
For sake of argument, if it did happen at least you’d have 5-6 good years of success

Pruitt would have to have great success for him to be chosen over Dabo Swinney. This reminds me a little bit of some Vol fans worrying about Dooley going to Georgia after he was hired.

Reactions: 9 people
You never know. I'd guess that he, like everyone else thinks that Dabo is the HCIW for Bama. Could've been part of the pitch to bring him here.

Reactions: 1 person
So after rebuilding for 3 years, we would have him for a year where we could expect to be competitive? Sounds like a good deal.

If he does, it means he did a helluva job here. Also means that we can have another round of Gruden BS. Seriously, Pruitt would be leaving us in much better shape and we could likely make a solid hire to replace him. The toxicity would have been replaced with positivity. Not worried about 5-6 years down the road. We got a coach and the Butch era along with the most miserable damned season in my lifetime is finally behind us.

It will have been worth it if Pruitt stays that long and changes the culture and roster and starts winning some. Theres a chance of that. However people were wanting Les Miles who was at most a 5-year plan anyway.

My only problem is if he has success and Alabama asks him to come home he would do that. (to replace saban)

2. He played at bama

***With that being said, who gives a damn? We have a coach and if he is successful enough for bama to try for him down the road then he must have us in a good position to get a replacement in the future.***

Go Vols!

Hasn't been hired and you already have him leaving. I love this place!!

Reactions: 2 people
What if he wins here, has decent success at first and great success in 2-3 years and is actively making a legend out of himself at UT by turning us around and doing great things?

What if he beats Bama and it feels great?

What if he wanted to move up at Bama but beating them was a challenge that he succeeds at?

What if he loves the UT program he's rebuilt in a few years practically from the ground up?

What if he's gaining fame and recognition for rebuiling UT so successfully and decides to stay with it and become UT's MOST winning coach ever?

What if, what if, what if. 😉

If he does replace Saban in 5 or 6 years. That will mean he is winning SEC championships here and has the program rolling.

Reactions: 2 people
We’re already worrying about him leaving?

If in 5-6 years Bama wants him, then we’ve won a lot of football games and we will be in position to hire a great replacement.

By contrast, if in 5-6 years nobody wants him, he likely failed.

I’d take scenario #1.

Reactions: 4 people
The only way Alabama would even consider him is if he has a ton of success. And if he has that level of success then one of two things happens

1. He chooses to stay with some that he built and see it through

Or

2. We are in great shape the next time for a home run hire

It's a win win either way.

Dabo will be the next coach once Saban leaves or retires. Tide would make him the highest paid coach in CFB.

2. He played at bama

Go Vols!

No way they’re more likely to hire Travis Tritt

VN Store

Back