Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the overall tone Sara? Do they just hate us like we do them or are they really concerned about losing Pruitt and others? I’ve heard Cochran and Pruitt are close not to mention Lupoi.

One of my best friends is a 'Bama dude, we go way back but he's really cool. He texted me last night "Great hire, hate to lose him". That was it. He's not the crazed 'Bama fan type and he knows his football. Just throwin that out for what it's worth. I have reservations and will believe again when the W's start piling up.

Will be interesting to see what CPF has to say today in the presser.

I'll always cheer on the Vols but a dyed in the wool bammer brought in as HC...just excuse me, I need some time to swallow that.

JP, I remember one thread you made, something about what it would take for Vol fans to be satisfied and I replied "winning takes care of everything". I have a different perspective on that now. Satisfaction is on a continuum and winning will swing the needle a long way but winning with UT connected blood at the top is the pinnacle.

Haha, yeah, man, I get that--the part about our lads being led by a Bammer. I really do get that. But as long as he's wearing orange, doing things in an orange way, respecting General Neyland and Smokey and the Pride and the Hill and the Vol Navy and the T ... well, as long as he embraces us, I'll embrace him.

Plus, in the world of football loyalties, a person really can have two homes. I know that from personal experience, being deeply tied to both Tennessee and Army. Think about this: Tennessee will forever, no matter what else happens, forever be Jeremy Pruitt's first head coaching job. Sure, he may compete with Jimbo Fisher, Will Muschamp, Kirby Smart and others for the Bama vacancy if Saban ever finally retires, but that doesn't mean he'll leave.

Being here, this being his first head coaching stint, will forever change Jeremy as it has so many others--starting with Texan Robert Neyland.

So I'm okay with that, as long as he embraces this university and its history and traditions and excellence, and restores us to our rightful place among the very best teams in the college game.

When all is said and done, it is one possible future that we could be farewelling long-time Tennessee hall of fame and multiple-championship coach Jeremy Pruitt in the year 2040 as he heads into retirement. That is one possible future, among many.

So, he's my guy now. As long as he is, he is.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If we can’t beat them, hire them away and destroy them from the inside out. Smh...

The one good thing I see as a positive is that he was at Alabama for 8 years and he knows Saban's system. There has to be some positives in that.

We now have 3 former Saban Coordinators as Head coaches in the SEC!

Same here. Just replace Memphis with GA Tech. Not all bad. GT games are a lot of fun with little of the emotional drama that comes with following TN. My 2 daughters go to GT and my wife went there, so they'll be happy. I do feel a little sorry for my son. He loves TN and has so desperately wanted to see them succeed. He is in 9th grade and always said he's going to UT. I'm going to subtlety inch him toward GT or even UGA. (avoids that out of state tuition.)

My hubby is a Jacket too. Also went to UT grad classes with Peyton. In the opening game, he was all white and gold even though we have TN season tickets - go figure???

What’s the overall tone Sara? Do they just hate us like we do them or are they really concerned about losing Pruitt and others? I’ve heard Cochran and Pruitt are close not to mention Lupoi.

They hate he's leaving. Most expected him to get a HC position at some point. Don't go to UT, it's a mess and will ruin his career. Finally, my favorite...many wish nothing to ill will toward him for going to UT.

My hatred for the Gators can not be topped but Bama is a close second....so many things I can not let go just like Bama hicks. It's true elephants have good memories :)

Re: Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

It just stinks with Phatisaurus Philopotamus still there. I see no silvery orange lining, as it's mostly brown. I still like Pruitt though

Who else thinks Fulmer is trying to hire Pruitt and then attempt to get dirt on the Alabama program from him? It would not surprise me one bit if that Phil wants to report us again for nothing… this is all eerily familiar

We have just elevated a bammer to a position to which he is totally unqualified...
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back