Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine to be excited, but these jerks coming in gloating need a tune up.. in the worst way.

Tbh, I'm not sure how to feel about the hire yet. I got enough real world crap going on to put much thought into it right now.

But to hold any bad feelings over message board info is childish.

If you never it the only one that you need to be upset with is yourself.

To me the info and insiders made it fun, broke up the monotony.

Comprende. The insiders broke up the monotony but you can only hear somebody told me this but I can’t tell you who so many times. Gruden would have been great. Didn’t happen. Hopefully Pruitt can get us where our pedigree says we should be.

Reactions: 1 person
No.

This was a Sexton/ Haslam orchestrated hire, and a continuation of our mediocrity.

If it's the best he could do, obviously the wrong individual was in charge of the search.

Again...my opinion. I own it, and don't need it validated, accepted, or shared by anyone else else. You are welcome to yours without me trying to change it.

Since you are no longer a fan and don’t care anymore, give me your contact info so I can take your tickets off your hands. Since they’re worthless to you now, I expect you to give them away.

Reactions: 2 people
Well Damn, after Boro's explanation I now feel like the good side lost. There isn't enough beer in my house for those thoughts.

Well there's always Gruden 3.0

It's funny how many people wanted Cutcliffe back and he was a bammer as well. Pruitt was the best option of the 3 DCs.

I get it I’m a life long vol fan always will be & tbh idgaf what no other fan or even our own thinks or wants to laugh but I’m dam tired of us kicking our own self in the nuts (program wise) it’s like we don’t have enough sense to pull ourselves out of this mediocre hell.

I agree with you but we all need to look all the way back to when Dickey and Johnson retired. The one thing that every bad hire and bad decision not just in football but UT sports as a whole have in common is a The Haslams. They saw a chance to fill a void and Jimmy Sr. jumped at it now it is son Jr. that is making the calls and all you need to do is look at Pilot and The Browns and that will tell you why we are here.

You need to watch somethiice Bill is not running for public office anymore ,partially due to the Pilot mess, they want him to be the President of the University ala Alexander.

If this power play had not taken place now where do you think we would be then.

Last edited:
It's funny how many people wanted Cutcliffe back and he was a bammer as well. Pruitt was the best option of the 3 DCs.

Battle was a Bama guy and Dickey was a Florida guy as well. A lot of these people are idiots.

Sweet. I’m always looking for friends who enjoy live music & a good show! You are most likely better with downtown & the metro than myself... But a good show for sure!
I get back to K-town in the summers. Pretty good music there as well!

Oh I don't know, it has been a few years since I hit DC! I used to get lost when I lived there though so nothing new.

Knoxville has some fun bands for sure. My fave was always Cutthroat Shamrock but they fairly recently called it quits.

Anytime though. If nothing else take the fam to Midland :D

tenor.gif

200.gif

Best online experience I've had as a Vol fan was in these threads. It wasn't just about getting Gruden or idolizing him. It was for wanting to return excellence to the Hill again and thinking he could be a catalyst for that. Never saw him as a long term coach and wanted a VFL in waiting to replace him when he left.

His notoriety and brand would have brought attention to our program nationwide and with the type of assistants he could have garnered we believe that excellence could have returned quickly.

But that was only the common theme we had. Friendships were made, help asked for and given, in a variety of ways, deaths of loved one were announced and condolences given and so much more. If your contempt without investigation made you revile us then it's your loss. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Since you are no longer a fan and don’t care anymore, give me your contact info so I can take your tickets off your hands. Since they’re worthless to you now, I expect you to give them away.

Wow, 0 to major douche in record time.

Boro, I have always enjoyed your posts and respected your level headed outlook. I agree with you 100% about the bama hater hiring a life long bammer. As one that has spent a small fortune on UT tickets, that hurts. But if Pruitt is very successful here and embraces all things orange, can that change your opinion of him (Pruitt)?

Thanks for your kind words. Who knows...never say never to nuthin' right?

It won't be anytime soon. I'll watch from home and hope they do well. But I've got three years for my son to be a DIII QB. My Saturdays are spoken for in the fall. I'm happy I have that diversion and won't feel such a draw. This feels like a continuation of Butch, but dressed in Crimson.

Roll Vols Roll

Reactions: 7 people
Oh I don't know, it has been a few years since I hit DC! I used to get lost when I lived there though so nothing new.

Knoxville has some fun bands for sure. My fave was always Cutthroat Shamrock but they fairly recently called it quits.

Anytime though. If nothing else take the fam to Midland :D
Word.

Best online experience I've had as a Vol fan was in these threads. It wasn't just about getting Gruden or idolizing him. It was for wanting to return excellence to the Hill again and thinking he could be a catalyst for that. Never saw him as a long term coach and wanted a VFL in waiting to replace him when he left.

His notoriety and brand would have brought attention to our program nationwide and with the type of assistants he could have garnered we believe that excellence could have returned quickly.

But that was only the common theme we had. Friendships were made, help asked for and given, in a variety of ways, deaths of loved one were announced and condolences given and so much more. If your contempt without investigation made you revile us then it's your loss. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

GBO!!!

Very well said! These threads were the best, win or lose.

You apparently value your expectations more highly than I do.

No.

This was a Sexton/ Haslam orchestrated hire, and a continuation of our mediocrity.

If it's the best he could do, obviously the wrong individual was in charge of the search.

Again...my opinion. I own it, and don't need it validated, accepted, or shared by anyone else else. You are welcome to yours without me trying to change it.

Totally agree. I can’t stomach another Bammer leading our football team. He played at Bama, was a GA there and coordinator there. I’m sorry. I don’t care if you are the reincarnation of Knute Rockne, if you have Bammer blood, you are tainted.

Some of you younger folks might hate Florida or Georgia the most. I’m old enough to hate Alabama the most and it’s not even close.

Reactions: 10 people
Thanks for your kind words. Who knows...never say never to nuthin' right?

It won't be anytime soon. I'll watch from home and hope they do well. But I've got three years for my son to be a DIII QB. My Saturdays are spoken for in the fall. I'm happy I have that diversion and won't feel such a draw. This feels like a continuation of Butch, but dressed in Crimson.

Roll Vols Roll

Boro....all the best to you and much success to your son.

im calling the new guy Butch Jr (Pruitt) .

call me ridiculous....i will not call a Bama homer "Coach" at UT....no way.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back