Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when someone reported that they may address Gruden turning us down (if he did) a day prior to them announcing the new coach? This would allow fans to cope and be more positive when the next coach is announced.

Does that mean they going to announce he turned us down tomorrow and announce Pruitt Thursday Achillies?

Pruitt following UT athletics, players, recruits on twitter. Plane from Knoxville to NY (for HOF induction for PM), to Birmingham, back to Knoxville. It's over boyos. Pruitt is our next head coach.

So Fulmer flew to Birmingham to meet with Pruitt before returning home, which is not surprising. Fulmer has met with a lot of people. There may be other reasons to think Pruitt is a done deal, but this isn't one of them.

My last post for this bizarre day.

None of the names floated today pass the smell test of head coach at this point in UT Football history. Pruitt, Tucker, Steele or Tee. And Tee makes the others even more unbelievable as head coach if he is going to be the OC as is hypothesized.

Logic and common sense tells me there is much more to this. If it's Gruden or someone else, there is more.

However if I am wrong and there isn't, God help us. The fallout is not going to be pretty...

Night all...

Or maybe you're literally thinking about this more than a high school girl thinking about what a guy meant when he tells her she's "pretty". All of you, quit making this into some episode of CSI or quit trying to decipher every little thing. Quit saying something "doesn't make sense" because it doesn't fit your narrative of Jon Gruden.

Face the music; Jon Gruden will not coach at Tennessee. Everything you need to know is right in front of you. Pruitt will be the next coach of Tennessee and it will be announced tomorrow. Save/tag/bookmark this comment and tell me if I'm wrong tomorrow and I will GLADLY eat crow. However, I hate to tell you guys, but I'm not wrong, and you all really, really need someone to show you some "tough love" to get that through to you.

Reactions: 3 people
Does that mean they going to announce he turned us down tomorrow and announce Pruitt Thursday Achillies?

If that report was accurate, then yes. Or maybe an announcement about Gruden early AM and introduce the new coach later in the PM.

Does anyone else remember seeing that report or maybe it was on a radio show or maybe I'm just drunk...

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt is a gamble, like all coordinators. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope we pay whatever we have to to take very little gamble and hire a sure thing. This program can't afford any more gambles.

Just to illustrate a point, I never opened photoshop or any other graphics editor to fake this screenshot. Nothing but a bit of javascript and you can edit anything you want. It is better than PS, because the styles are correctly applied automatically.

THIS IS 100% FAKE!

Z474A0V1_o.png

Yep, exactly what I did to prove a point. It's elementary. If you're going to troll, do it well or don't do it at all :crazy:

Or maybe you're literally thinking about this more than a high school girl thinking about what a guy meant when he tells her she's "pretty". All of you, quit making this into some episode of CSI or quit trying to decipher every little thing. Quit saying something "doesn't make sense" because it doesn't fit your narrative of Jon Gruden.

Face the music; Jon Gruden will not coach at Tennessee. Everything you need to know is right in front of you. Pruitt will be the next coach of Tennessee and it will be announced tomorrow. Save/tag/bookmark this comment and tell me if I'm wrong tomorrow and I will GLADLY eat crow. However, I hate to tell you guys, but I'm not wrong, and you all really, really need someone to show you some "tough love" to get that through to you.

For the record, I agree with you. I'll be pleasantly surprised at this point if it's Gruden. What I don't understand is why you are getting so tied up over others who choose to believe and think it's your place to set them straight. Don't mistake optimism for stupidity. Let them believe.

This would be an amazing staff guys.

When Smart left for UGA, Saban didn’t even interview for DC, he already knew who it was going to be. Pruitt is a huge win y’all.

Compared to Gruden it seems like a strike out, but it is a solid hire. And I’m excited.

This is a no brainier! Pruitt is a real FOOTBALL Coach and a winner! UT wins big with him!

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, exactly what I did to prove a point. It's elementary. If you're going to troll, do it well or don't do it at all :crazy:

I should probably mark the image itself as "FAKE", but I am going to leave it as and just see if it shows up elsewhere without my disclaimer.

If we hire a coordinator for HC, with no HC experience and his name isn’t Tee... then i will be seriously pi**ed off. If it’s fallen so low that we must go for a coordinator, the only guy that deserves that chance is Tee. Don’t get me wrong. I’m 125% Gruden until it’s not but if we hire a Bammer guy as HC over Tee.... then I will be furious. I don’t want to end up hating CPF and PM but I swear, if this crap happens then I’m so done with them. I already caught myself flipping off PM during one of his commercials earlier without even realizing it. I need this to be over already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back