Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever became of that DeerHunter guy who said he knew it was Gruden, and he was hearind end of the week last week? Anything new on that front?

Reactions: 1 person
When all this is over and Gruden is our a new coach someone should start a new thread like all you doubters aren't aloud in the Gruden thread (something to the affect I can't come up with thread titles) Sorta like this one with everyone in it minus the trolls and negagrudes. We'll have a kinda swagger to us like we fought through the darkest hours when all others mocked, laughed, ridiculed, and beat us down. We preserved like true Volunteers do. Or Freak could give a certain status something would be cool.

Mornin' Fish

Yeah, I think something similar has been talked about several times on here. An ongoing thread for those that feel the 'community' that has formed here.

I think we need a sub forum but that's just me. For the same reason that we're here...if you're gonna dream, dream BIG. :)

It is till it ain't!!! Gruden to the hill!!!

Reactions: 2 people
What ever became of that DeerHunter guy who said he knew it was Gruden, and he was hearind end of the week last week? Anything new on that front?

He was here some last night. No new info or funny stuff. He's meh to me although he may have promise as a jingle writer. Hah!!

Me neither. He has not deleted many tweets that I recall. Oh well, time will tell, hopefully today!

He doesn’t delete a lot of them, but it happens more often than you realize (not that I’m stalking him lol). I wonder if he was told to shut it down, maybe he was saying too much?

Maybe I’m just tired of analyzing everything and wish someone would just tell me in simple words. Gru-tigue.

Since UT still doesn't have a coach, much less Gruden as a coach, I'd have to say, "no."

I think he pooped in briefly yesterday. Considering his prediction didn’t come to fruition, coupled with some bet about eating his hat, he might pop in for an apology.

Or he’ll be like the rest and just fade away.

I guess you did not watch Monday Night Football. Gruden is not going to be the coach :lolabove:
OK Grudes I've never done this before so I hope I get it right.
Ready?
9e8c5cfde066c97a570773b7bd6d0535.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
He doesn’t delete a lot of them, but it happens more often than you realize (not that I’m stalking him lol). I wonder if he was told to shut it down, maybe he was saying too much?

Maybe I’m just tired of analyzing everything and wish someone would just tell me in simple words. Gru-tigue.

Yes, I thought the same thing that second thoughts, on his or collective part, had him reel that back in but who knows and I'm not going to super sleuth it.

It's like we have been singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" for a month. I'm ready to quit singing and actually take one down and pass it around.

Soon.....please.....for my sanity.

Reactions: 9 people
I don't think you can read anything--one way or the other--into either of the exchanges last night.

I've personally taken a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to all of this, and that is the approach I will continue to take.

Here's the thing though. In TV particularly during live broadcast when you have a media timeout or coming back from halftime the PxP and color analyst are constantly using that time to address how they are going to fill dead airtime. What do we want to say coming out of this break or out of the half. If this player makes a play we're going to talk about how he bought his mama a home, etc. That kind of stuff is happening all night.

I've done color for baseball before and this is exactly how the two are working off each other. There is absolutely no way that Gruden didn't know that McDonough was going to bring that up particularly coming out of half with the Sutton graphic.

Unless as someone said a while back that they just hate each other, but I don't get that vibe from them at all even if they don't have the best on air rapport.

Gruden has had plenty of opportunities to put to rest Tennessee's interest in him. Why hasn't he done it? He is too smart of a man for that. Whether Fulmer wants him and is willing to give him what he wants is a whole other story.

Someone bring me back from the ledge. I just read a post in another thread that actually made a little sense(cents, since, scents). Brohms buyout drops by 1 million on the 5th(today). Anyone think that's what we are doing? Waiting for it so the buyout will be a little cheaper.

Do we know that the two coaches are Miles and Gruden that Tee would come back as OC for?

I'm so ready for this to be over.

I hope so! I just took it as he got a call, and said no. By what his co-host said.

"if you'd answered the call and said yes"

But at the same time and I hate falling victim to this, he could have easily said, "I love the vols but ESPN needs me here with you" or anything like that. Everything he did last night was a non-answer and when his name came up last time, he did say no. That's why it's blowing up this time.

Here's the thing though. In TV particularly during live broadcast when you have a media timeout or coming back from halftime the PxP and color analyst are constantly using that time to address how they are going to fill dead airtime. What do we want to say coming out of this break or out of the half. If this player makes a play we're going to talk about how he bought his mama a home, etc. That kind of stuff is happening all night.

I've done color for baseball before and this is exactly how the two are working off each other. There is absolutely no way that Gruden didn't know that McDonough was going to bring that up particularly coming out of half with the Sutton graphic.

Unless as someone said a while back that they just hate each other, but I don't get that vibe from them at all even if they don't have the best on air rapport.

Gruden has had plenty of opportunities to put to rest Tennessee's interest in him. Why hasn't he done it? He is too smart of a man for that. Whether Fulmer wants him and is willing to give him what he wants is a whole other story.

I think you are correct. If there was a deal prepared before and agreed to in principle (which I believe there was), it shouldn't be so hard to put it back together. Here's hoping today is the day!
Soon

Same sh** different day

is he coming is he going to stay

up, down, all around

no one knows anything as rumors abound.

Stuck in a vortex of time and space we hope he says yes so we can save face.

Why is it the truth is so hard to get as he's had multiple opportunities to crush it....

We want Gruden and can't handle Les or Steele, so please deliver my godda** present and make it real.

If I have to hope for less than great, then, well, I'm off to find a better more pleasurable fate.

Getting a little tired and am moving past the point of caring, all I want is a good coach for UT

and that's all I'm asking.

Day 22 of my coaching search captivity:

My captors aren’t unkind, but care not of the emotional turmoil it brings. Sitting quietly in my cell, they offer nothing but noncommittal crumbs for sustenance. I grow weaker by the moment. There are rumors and Grumors of my release from this incarceration that holds me here. Yet, here, I remain.

Another day crossed off while I wait for my benefactor Phillip to free me.

:) lol.

Reactions: 18 people

Well he did put it to bed in 2012. Just sayin. Not on Monday night football, but nevertheless he put it to bed.:rock:SOON!

This is where I am with that, as well. What does it mean?? Hella if I know except something's up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back