Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
VolColonel on Twitter says that booster told him John Currie went rogue and tried to hire Mike Leach and didn't have Haslam approval.

This isn't good.

Reactions: 2 people
If only stripped of his powers, change his duties to cleaning bathrooms with a toothbrush in hopes that he will quit.

So we’re going off on PM because he was helping Currie(me included). Perhaps he was giving Currie false hope knowing every single Currie effort would not be approved, therefore presenting the opportunity to oust Currie and Haslam. Peyton took a temporary hit on his image to win the war. That’s my theory.

If true, we just told Haslam point-blank that WE are in charge, not his bank account.

Really?

Explain how.

Bev Davenport goes looking for a new AD. She probably uses a search committee, because she just saw what can happen when you leave yourself exposed by going it alone. That search committee looks above Davenport, above DiPietro, and sees...the Board of Trustees. Chairman Bill Haslam and 25 other folks mostly beholden to him.

How, exactly, are we in charge now? How have we cut Jimmy Haslam's influence?

Don't get me wrong, I'm celebrating with you that Currie is apparently fired. He was incompetent.

But how is this any real threat to the Haslams? Currie was expendable to them. How does this "prove" to them that their days of influence and control are over?

In detail, please. Flowers and sunshine are nice, but in detail.

Last edited:
If Currie is gone, someone will be in touch immediately.

This someone?
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Alright, the only problem I have with the new beav tweet is shouldn't the good guy donors be screaming this from the mountain top concerning putting one of these two into the AD position? If they are truly waging war, I would presume that this topic would have and should have been covered and conveyed to Davenport and Dipietro already?

It's a 100% obvious to me that Beav and his donors don't have the power to remove Haslam.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back