Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as I hate to say it, Butch was more accomplished than Mullen is. Butch at least had won 4 conference titles. Mullen best season was 2nd in his division. And those saying he’s in a tough division or having to play Saban. Well, so do we. We need someone to beat Saban, not finish second to him.

I glanced through his records from each season. It just looks like he beats the teams he should beat. We don’t need a coach that just beats SCe, Vandy, and UK, which is on par with what I am seeing from his results.

I had to pull a turd out of the toilet on vacation one year and throw it out the window because the hole in the bottom was created for someone on permanent dysentery. I had no choice but to throw it out the window 😂

Dude, waaaaay too much information:lolabove::lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
I know I haven't always brought the popular opinion on here but want to wish everyone a VERY Happy Thanksgiving and hope you get to spend time with your families in rest and relaxation!

I am thankful for a lot of things but specifically here I am thankful to be a part of such a passionate fan base. Regardless of Gruden, Mullen, Frost, Patterson or whoever, that will never change. GBO!

Reactions: 25 people
I just glanced at a Mullen thread. They are working so hard to feel like his “success” at MS State will translate to a better than Butch type performance.
🤢🤮

Is that the one started by DG with the math and ****? From the same guy that defended Butch Jones til the bitter end?

I’m sure he was the back up plan. Him, and Gruden are the 2 “home rum” hires.

There's a few others out there. Gruden, Petersen and Kelly would be considered the Grand Slam hire. Patterson would be a home run along with (IMO) John Harbaugh and David Shaw.

There are some triples and standing double hires out there that could work. But UT doesn't need that.

I know I haven't always brought the popular opinion on here but want to wish everyone a VERY Happy Thanksgiving and hope you get to spend time with your families in rest and relaxation!

I am thankful for a lot of things but specifically here I am thankful to be a part of such a passionate fan base. Regardless of Gruden, Mullen, Frost, Patterson or whoever, that will never change. GBO!

Well said...
We all have plenty to be thankful for.

Just because you come in here and say Happy Turkey Day, doesn't mean we are going to all of a sudden forgive you.

Still on the crap list. Gruden will prevail, and I hope your turkey is dry! LOL

But, Happy Turkey Day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I glanced through his records from each season. It just looks like he beats the teams he should beat. We don’t need a coach that just beats SCe, Vandy, and UK, which is on par with what I am seeing from his results.

Mullen has not beaten SC. Edit beat them in 2016

Last edited:
Mullen tucks it on the weekends and pretends Gruden is hitting on him.

tenor.gif

Yep that’s the one. It was just reaching so hard. I’m sitting here thinking, “ I don’t need sabermetrics, just get me a proven championship winner”

Pretty sure he did a similar one on Butch Jones after he got boat raced against Oregon. Writing a damn novel trying to convince people he knew Jones was a good coach lol.

Now this is how you disagree on here.... Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!

As bad as I hate to say it, Butch was more accomplished than Mullen is. Butch at least had won 4 conference titles. Mullen best season was 2nd in his division. And those saying he’s in a tough division or having to play Saban. Well, so do we. We need someone to beat Saban, not finish second to him.

Comparing Butch Jones in the Big East to Dan Mullen in the SEC West isnt exactly an equal comparison. Dan Mullen would wipe the floor with Butch and is a helluva a lot better coach than Butch. With that said, Mullen is not what we need and I have no desire for our Vols to hire him. OH AND SOON!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

You've always been a respectful dissenter. Happy Thanksgiving!

There's a few others out there. Gruden, Petersen and Kelly would be considered the Grand Slam hire. Patterson would be a home run along with (IMO) John Harbaugh and David Shaw.

There are some triples and standing double hires out there that could work. But UT doesn't need that.

AMEN! We need a call your shot, 9th inning, walk off, bat flip grand slam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back