Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Basilio Show and every single person he has on there thinks there is just no way Gruden is coming. Even going as far as saying TN could have reached out to Schiano, etc. in the last few days... I swear I go from He's Coming 100% to $#@^* he isn't coming every 5 minutes! KILLING ME!

Maybe turn off sports radio and listen to a little Enya, or maybe some Kenny G. You're a little high strung.

Reactions: 5 people
If I remember correctly Hargis’ article did not say we had him. Only that he was interested and Gruden was talking to potential staff members. (Sound familiar)

I believe he was right then. The guy is an old school journalist.

This is correct. Hargis is not going to write it unless he is sure. He had facts last time and he could have proved it but he took the heat and kept his sources quiet. I don't know anything else about this whole situation but I know Stephen Hargis and if he says it gets my attention.

1zfi0u.jpg

Do some of you guys even listen to yourself lol? Why would our AD be flying all the way to DC to interview a S&C coach? IMO Currie is probably interviewing other coaches, either out of respect, or for backup plans if the Gruden deal falls through.

My brother (The believer) just called. He has a friend who is a high level booster, (but on the low end of the high end). He called him to see about tacking on a few season tickets to his donation package. Friend calls his person that handles his tickets and was told, "he needs to decide before the end of the week. They'll be gone next week. This is going to be huge."

Last edited:
Reactions: 34 people
Listening to Basilio Show and every single person he has on there thinks there is just no way Gruden is coming. Even going as far as saying TN could have reached out to Schiano, etc. in the last few days... I swear I go from He's Coming 100% to $#@^* he isn't coming every 5 minutes! KILLING ME!

Stay the course, they are FOS

This topic is more addictive than any drug one could buy. I may need rehab soon! Great to have some orange excitement once again.

There's a big split between the reporters at the national outlets and the local guys. Hargis, Brice, etc. think there is at least some merit to the rumors. Thamel, Schlabach, etc. think it is beyond ridiculous.

When there is that big of a difference, somebody is obviously dead wrong and either just a terrible reporter or lying.

Been trolling this thread (and 33) for the last few days, waiting for full access. I'M IN!

Brief Intro: Grew up in TN, Joined Air Force, Live in CO now, LOVE the VOLS, Glad BJ is out, and I Love this F'in thread!

GRUDEN TO THE HILL!

Reactions: 19 people
Another question: Would we hate Gruden if he says no again? (Hypothetical)

Get that word out to Gruden and see if that helps him to say yes. His whole legacy could be tainted because there’s so many UT fans.

"I have spoken with multiple people at UT that say this is a 20 year decision for direction of UT"....Brice "Career defining moment for Currie".

Hmm. I think that was one of the mosquito dick points about what a Gruden hire would mean.

Been trolling this thread (and 33) for the last few days, waiting for full access. I'M IN!

Brief Intro: Grew up in TN, Joined Air Force, Live in CO now, LOVE the VOLS, Glad BJ is out, and I Love this F'in thread!

GRUDEN TO THE HILL!

Welcome Aboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back