Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Mike Griffith is giving him sh!t for it

Mike Griffith‏Verified account
@MikeGriffith32
35m35 minutes ago
More Mike Griffith Retweeted Mike Griffith
Understandably, it's a difficult time for the Tennessee coaches -- but that's part of being a coach at a place like this -- handling the pressures. Very few places with this much pressure

Funny Mikey didn't hold Butch to the same standards

I would love to meet Griff at a Waffle House

Reactions: 1 person
Brice's Quote is huge to me.. is this what has brought you on board?

I wouldn't say I am "on board" as in full on believing he will come but context clues combined with what people I know are telling me make me believe landing him this time around has odds on par with about anyone else at the top of our "Short List".

I didn't realize how true the ESPN cutbacks were until this weekend.

I have full on known he either has or is in the process of buying a home here. I cannot post but I have seen a picture of him and others at a personal friends home that is for sale (wish I could afford it could park my boat at home instead of at the marina lol).

Just a lot of smoke for the narrative to have no veracity. Have been around a lot of things like this and using context clues and circumstantial things NOW coupled with "real" media people saying what they are gives me hope it could happen.

The people that make it possible for me to attend "Meet and Greets" and press conferences, practices etc... also said "You really want to meet Gruden huh?" last night. The smoke is everywhere but is it just that, smoke? Starting to think not.

Reactions: 14 people
he didn't... they are talking about the MNF equipment trucks that stopped/slept in Knoxville on the their way to Charlotte... has nothing to do with Gruden whatsoever other than he is one of the hosts on MNF the show (he doesn't drive or setup all of their equipment)

Oh okay. I guess the next question would be, if Gruden wasn't there, why we care about that. But I'm clearly out of the loop. Carry on.

he didn't... they are talking about the MNF equipment trucks that stopped/slept in Knoxville on the their way to Charlotte... has nothing to do with Gruden whatsoever other than he is one of the hosts on MNF the show (he doesn't drive or setup all of their equipment)

You mean he doesn't sleep in the cabover and shower at Pilot Flying J to pocket the big ESPN per-diem?

Reactions: 4 people
Honest question, why is everyone fascinated with Gary Patterson?

I'm in no way fascinated by him. He's done a great job at TCU, in a market saturated with successful DI teams. He's shown more than passing interest in Tennessee in the past. I like the offense he runs. He's proven an ability to recruit over the level of the school, and to coach his players up, and to make the progress needed to get to the playoff.

I've been reading more this morning to catch up. Sounds like their plan is to field NB-IOT (narrowband internet of things) network initially. Think connected meters, alarms, cars, refrigerators, what have you. Basically devices with reduced instruction sets and low throughput requirements. Greatly simplifies network complexity and cost. Sounds like a placeholder network until they can get a full up streaming (wireless Sling?) network in place. Found it interesting that Ergen also mentioned starting with a clean sheet of paper. Legacy carriers are constrained by their existing networks which grew out of the need to support voice calls. Not having that history allows Dish to architect their core network in a different manner if they so choose. Ergen also mentioned that he thinks the next $500B company will come in the field of wireless connectivity. Even focusing on a simpler NB-IOT network, Dish is still going to need a ton of capital to build out its network in the next few years.

Thank you for doing this for me.

Just something I put together quickly:

linus_gruden.jpg

Feel free to steal

Reactions: 9 people
Hey carter, as you should. You took it on the chin pretty hard last time so it’s understandable. Another thing. I know you and EA are close friends and when people bang on him, it bothers you. Don’t let it. You know him personally and none of us do. I don’t agree with him at all regarding butch or Gruden and that’s my right. I also think we can “attack” his stance without attacking him. You’re good people man. Don’t let it get you down. EA has overcome a lot and I applaud him for that. Now those 2 picks against LSU, unforgivable... lol. Jk... sord of. 👊😉

I still give him hell about the picks. Even my son does. We were throwing the football with him a couple years ago and he, at 10, runs in and snatches the ball out of the air and told Erik that was his "LSU Impression".

Yes, I put him up to it LOL.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm in no way fascinated by him. He's done a great job at TCU, in a market saturated with successful DI teams. He's shown more than passing interest in Tennessee in the past. I like the offense he runs. He's proven an ability to recruit over the level of the school, and to coach his players up, and to make the progress needed to get to the playoff.

His record is impressive, didn't know it was that good. I never really payed much attention to them.

Where he's made these accomplishments is a big factor.

Its like listening to CNN or something similar. No one else is right but them and you can't tell them any different. GET IT , WE ARE EVEN NOW! NO POLITICS Please. GRUDEN AND VOLS !

No politics intended....was just looking for a comparison. It was the 1st thing I thought of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back