Mike Houston??? All over twitter that this could be the next HC

Won the FCS national championship at JMU last year and beat the powerhouse school in that division (NDSU) on the way there. Still, no matter how good of a coach he could be, Tennessee can't afford to hire a coach from FCS who has never coached at the FBS level even as an assistant.

Yeah it sure didn't work for Ohio State to hire Jim tressell

Yeah it sure didn't work for Ohio State to hire Jim tressell

Some of you fans are delusional you are aware he took Ohio State two NCG's. Yeah he loss to Florida but hell I'll take one appearance in the NCG now! UT WILL NOT HIRE A COLLEGE COACH WHO IS CURRENTLY PERFORMING WELL AT A TOP NOTCH P5. Outside of Bama all teams have taken calculated chances on coaches. I don't think it's bad to hire up and comers I believe UT has been evaluating coaches on the wrong criteria.

To which?

I'm just having a bit of a laugh. This is just part of the Grumor mill - there is the faction who believes Gruden has agreed in principle to become UT's next coach and the details are being ironed out with regard to timing, staff, overall control of program, etc... Then there's the other side who call the Grudenites either trolls or dupes.

I've watched many a Spiders game. It's quaint and preppy and reminds me of high school.

Kinda like Vols football the last 5 years?

My G*d, Marty!...that's it! We need the Spiders' HC! :eek:hmy::rock:

Great, another coach I have to google. Pass

Since you don't know much about coaches, let me help you out.

Championships
FCS National Championship (2016)
CAA (2016)
SoCon (2015)
3× South Atlantic (2011–2013)
Awards
SoCon Coach of the Year: 2015
SAC Coach of the Year: 2011, 2012, 2013
AFCA Region I Coach of the Year: 2015, 2016
AFCA National FCS Coach of the Year: 2016
CAA Coach of the Year: 2016
ECAC Bob Ford FCS Coach of the Year: 2016

2011 Lenoir–Rhyne 7–3 6–1 T–1st
2012 Lenoir–Rhyne 9–3 6–1 1st L NCAA Division II Second Round 20
2013 Lenoir–Rhyne 13–2 7–0 1st L NCAA Division II Championship 2
Lenoir–Rhyne: 29–8 19–2
The Citadel Bulldogs (Southern Conference) (2014–2015)
2014 The Citadel 5–7 3–4 5th
2015 The Citadel 9–4 6–1 1st L FCS Playoffs Second Round 15
The Citadel: 14–11 9–5
James Madison Dukes (Colonial Athletic Association) (2016–present)
2016 James Madison 14–1 8–0 1st W FCS National Championship 1
2017 James Madison 8–0 5–0
James Madison: 22–1 13–0
Total: 65–20

Reactions: 2 people
Six of our 2016 players were drafted this past April which was the 4th highest in SEC. 9 of Coach Jones former players are currently playing in the NFL, Antono Brown, J.J. Watt, and overall #1 pick Erick Fisher are among these players.. Coach Jones career wining percentage is .625, multiple 10-win seasons, four conference titles(MAC & Big East) and four bowl wins. In the last 3 seasons only Saban(40) has won more games than Jones(25) among SEC coaches. Consider this: In the 90's a coach took over a Power Five program that didn't show any quantitative improvement after 4 years. His records at first were 6-5-1, 6-6, and 7-5. In the fourth year fans had great expectations dreaming of a championship but the coach fell short with a 6-6 season and no bowl game. That coach was Nick Saban, and the school was Michigan State. Saban was put on the hot seat and fans called for his replacement. The only reason he got an extra year was due to a major upset against the Ohio State Buckeyes in 1998. Fans still wanted Saban fired but the AD saw the improvements and believed Coach Saban was building a winning program. In 1999 Saban led Michigan State to a 9-3 record. Coach Saban went on to LSU and later Alabama and has become a legend in college football. How did he do it? Saban refused to run from the pressure or listen to the venom of his critics. Coach Jones is cut from the same cloth. If you stand by good coaches, eventually there will be a breakthrough. Coach Jones is building the foundation that is resurrecting Tennessee Football. :hi:

Welcome to VN Butch. Good to finally meet you. If you love Tennessee as much as you claim to please do us a favor and resign. Please and thank you.

Reactions: 4 people
200.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back