What did you have for dinner II?

Roasted thighs over cannellini beans with mushrooms, artichokes, and capers. And salad.

Attachments

• 20171005_193503.jpg
    20171005_193503.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 person
We’re at my friends dad’s birthday party. Smoked Boston butt, smoked chicken, baked beans, potato salad, and macaroni. We literally done 30 butts, and 18 chickens, and cut it all up. It was so good.

Ate at a place in crystal river called the Crab Plant. I had fish, crab legs, shrimp, and fries.

Last night had my favorite pizza in italy, one last time before we left.

Attachments

• 20171008_150643.jpg
    20171008_150643.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
My friends mom cooked for us tonight. Pork chops, black eyed peas, fresh homemade cream corn, rice and gravy, and cornbread.

Reactions: 1 person
If you're like me, a hefty pork shoulder screams smoker. However, there may be times when an alternative cooking method won't be a bad thing. Such was the case when my missus brought home a 9 lb boned one. We collaborated on a ~Mediterranean mix of herbs & spices which were smeared all over the chunk of pork with extra on the fat. The hunk of flesh was fitted into a large slow cooker atop a bed of coarsely chopped shallots, onions, and garlic. No fluid was added. It was cooked for 12 hours.

The resultant beautiful pork was served topped with sauteed julienned Marconi peppers and accompanied by baked gold potatoes and sliced carrots simmered in pork stock until tender. My wife pronounced it "Oh my God yum!" OMGY

VN Store

Back