I hope no one is actually planning to go to the South Carolina game

Its inexcusable that this administration hasn't already made a move. Butch Jones should have been fired Saturday night. Its inexcusable that they haven't already had discussions with Chip Kelly and Bob Stoops (who are both elite coaches without jobs right now). Even if they turn you down, not even speaking to them after witnessing what we witnessed Saturday is inexcusable.

These guys in the UT Sports administration think fans are stupid and will keep coming to games even with a joke of a product. The only thing they understand is MONEY. Threaten that and they will make a move. I hope every Vols fan who was planning to go to the South Carolina game before the season doesn't go next week. A near empty stadium will what gets these peoples attention.

BOYCOTT THE SOUTH CAROLINA GAME.

What kind of person calls for a boycott when they are not in the position to boycott themselves? DO you have season tickets?

quote-don-t-hold-me-to-anything-in-the-book-i-m-a-waffler-i-like-wafflers-they-said-john-kerry-jonathan-ames-147-21-40.jpg

You guys and gals that live in Knoxville, East Tennessee, and the surrounding area's and states should appreciate that you get to go to the games. I have been to 1 game at Neyland Stadium and it was the only time I had the chance to see the Vols play in person. It was last year's Florida game that snapped the streak and it was the best sporting event experience in my life. I had a blast. I live in South Jersey and I can't make the 10 hour drive every time they play at home. I would love to see more games because a full checker boarded Neyland Stadium is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. So go to the games if you can and that's how you choose to spend your money and appreciate them because some fan's that live far away can't go and can't afford the trips. Besides the players deserve support even if you want Jones out,

You got it.

Sure but a season ticket holder is the best kind of boycott.

It is the only way to guarantee your voice is heard and those seats remain empty for the game.

Duh. A regular guy who thought about maybe buying tickets from a scalper, well thats not as bold of a protest. That does little to rid the program of Butch Jones. Some other vol fan can scoop up the tickets "real, real cheap".

But season ticket holders have that power. If he donates them, as you suggest, he is silencing his only voice and ability to make change.

Its also impossible to call them "not true vol fans". They have the moral high ground on this. Sorry if people dont like that.

The thing is, I've see two posters spewing their garbage in another thread on how they are season ticket holders and are so done with Butch, one gave his to friends and the other sold them.

Now, one of them is in this thread all Billy bad ass telling us he agrees with OP and how he's a season ticket holder and he's boycotting.

Tell me, how does that do ANYTHING?

Haha, and one of you season ticket holders out there that are planning on boycotting and giving your tickets away, please give them to volfannbama.

I plan on staying home this weekend even though were are a 2 point favorite on the bye.

Last edited:
to all who are going...hope all of you have a safe and great time...win or lose...if we continue to go downhill there will be many tickets available to those who have never been to Neyland before...it is still a very special place...and,

GO VOLS!

I was wrong. Coaching is a lot more important in college football than I thought.

I'm not making that mistake again.

Wait...... For someone who is the self appointed expert of everything, you seriously thought that coaching wasn't this important? Seriously?

I am betting they will be giving them away if you hang around at game time.

Had season tix for 30+ years. I'll have all 8 seats filled. You jacklegs who "think" we should boycott are childish idiots.

Do you boycott your kids, grandkids, niece, nephews, etc., sporting event because they lose or you don't like the coach? No, you go to support the kids playing the game.

Butch's SEC record after 5 years and inability to teach/develop the players is getting him fired. Fan/alumni support is what will help save recruiting. JMO.

See y'all @ Neyland.

Even if im pissed at the Coach. i go and support the Team. These 18 to 22 year olds put on The Orange and White every week. They will always have my support! Go Vols!!

I will be there. And then I will either eat my steak nachos or Petros. I haven't decided which one. Probably visit the volshop and spend a few dollars.

That is a gameday tradition, a Petro and orange tea. I didn't have one at the Georgia game due to extra-gluttonous tailgating. So I take responsibility for the result, and by God I will have one on October 14 at the stadium while we choke the Chickens.

Good grief. For a long time I thought there were many fans from other teams that posted here pretending to be Vol fans, just to stir the pot. Now I don't think so. I honestly think the Tennessee fan base has a disproportionately large number of complete morons....with internet access.

Not fair to the players yo.

It's just a game. Yeah it's frustrating when things don't work out the way we want but come on...

Fans not going to the game is disappointing to the kids that put their heart in this game so WE CAN ENJOY it.

I swear OP, by the content of all of your posts, you were the one child left behind.

Last edited:
Fill the stadium and empty your pockets. Show the administration your support!

Blue

I am going. Taking a SC fan and friend with me. We go to EVERY UT/SC game whether here or in Columbia, and always have a good time.

VN Store

Back