It's gonna be a long season

Florida game doesn't mean much. Didn't last year anyway.

That is actually true. There is a great balance in the SEC East. So, Florida is not a 'must win' game like it was in the old days. The SEC East champ will probably have at least two in conference losses. Perhaps even three...

Reactions: 1 person
Already 2 games over... Just 10 to 12 more left for the season :( and then the long long long off season!!!!

Agree. Maybe im mellowing out or infected with positivitis, but just tired of moping my way through seasons only to see at the end that it wasn't actually that bad when i look back in January.

Cause like you said, no matter what the offseason is much longer.

Fact is the vols are 2-0, actually look better than they did at this time last year considering the circumstances, and even dear old phil had a habit of winning games in underwhelmed fashion as well.

Ive railed and ranted, screamed 3rd and Chavis, cursed Phil, and Butch's conservative ways, and not one bulging temple vein made a bit of difference....except maybe in making me more miserable than i should have been.

Everybody is different and even at different stages of their own complex lives, i understand the fear and worry, from those who think the worst... you know Florida's this week, and i understand the positive, silver lining, everything gonna be alright, we're saving our good stuff crowd.

After spending time in both camps, i believe I'll stay in the latter group, hell it just feels better. Here's hoping Shoop starts swashbuckling with florida this saturday, then suddenly cuts a somersault flips his sword in the air with his left, catches it with his right, and reveals....

"I'm not left handed." The six fingered shark humper, killed his father and must prepare to die.

It it turns out he was left handed all along... oh well maybe ill smoke a left-handed cigarette and make the best of it.

Reactions: 4 people
I've been on this board for a couple years.

This is easily the year with the most stupid fans commenting

Most of you don't deserve anything and are taking Tennessee Football for granted. What a shame.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm serious ya'll, if you actually think Jacksonville St. did anything special after a GT team being defeated 5 days previous in a double OT game where they ran the ball 80 times.

Any team would be gassed after that. Such ignorance.

Reactions: 3 people
do you expect us to score a touchdown on every snap on offense? or is it that we should get a sack every time the qb drops back to pass? good grief they won 42-7. Offense looks balanced and defense hasn't showed any playbook at all relax

Just to finish my rant, please name how many starts we have across our team.

Then when you get back to me, your head better be out of your ass.

The defense looks confused. The QBs are clearly not what we hoped.
Garauntano looked scared at times. Dormady does not throw an accurate deep ball missing wide open receivers badly. The receivers drop too many balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Just to finish my rant, please name how many starts we have across our team.

Then when you get back to me, your head better be out of your ass.

Why don't you let the season play out. That way you won't look like a child with no impulse control if things end up working out. Because right now, you sound more immature than a 7 year old.

I'm serious ya'll, if you actually think Jacksonville St. did anything special after a GT team being defeated 5 days previous in a double OT game where they ran the ball 80 times.

Any team would be gassed after that. Such ignorance.

Here's another piece of ignorance for you:

The guy that did most of the jet sweeps yesterday for State is a burner. He has true breakaway speed. But, since he plays for Indiana State he should suck and be slow, which in a lot of peoples weak minds means that since they had a least some success with it, the Vols must suck.

Fahr Butch, call in the dogs, piss on the fire, and go home. The season is now ruined. :shakehead:

Our defense is suspect

I'm hoping we were going half ass to save up for the meat of our order

We will know starting Saturday.

Our D line has no push and pressuring the QB is lax. We can't seem to seal off the edge. Our secondary looks clueless.

I like how Scott has called games. The only thing is Butch needs to stick with 1 QB. 2 QB systems never work in the long run. It hurts any rhythm you might have on offense. JG isn't ready. He was terrible against a bad team and is too nervous in the pocket. He needs another year to mature

Too early and too many people declaring the season a wash at 2-0. Florida is the game that will tell us how the season goes. Not sure what the expectation was for this for most of you but experts seem to be saying we are playing better than expected especially on offense. Calm down you worry warts.

I'm not sure the Florida game will tell us more than what we already know. UF offense looked horrendous in their game against Michigan. IMO, the season comes down to that 3 game stretch with Georgia, S. Carolina and then @ Alabama.

If Tennessee can win 2 of 3, they have still have a chance for a trip to Atlanta and a good bowl game. Drop 2 or all three, then the meltdown will begin.

We have some work to do along the OL and the defensive front to have a chance to win all 3 of those games.

Our defense is suspect

Our D line has no push and pressuring the QB is lax. We can't seem to seal off the edge. Our secondary looks clueless.

I like how Scott has called games. The only thing is Butch needs to stick with 1 QB. 2 QB systems never work in the long run. It hurts any rhythm you might have on offense. JG isn't ready. He was terrible against a bad team and is too nervous in the pocket. He needs another year to mature

oh no but dormady is terrible.....atleast that's what logical people would say, oh wait nvm

The defense looks confused. The QBs are clearly not what we hoped.
Garauntano looked scared at times. Dormady doea not throw an accurate deep ball missing wide open recovers badly. The receivers drop too many balls.

LOL! 2 inexperienced QBs and a bunch of young receivers gaining experience with each other in live action, continuing to get their timing in sync. They will be fine. QD missed the 2 deep throws, yes, but they were overthrows, not under throws, which shows he has the arm strength, and can adjust to his receivers' varying speeds with more reps. He was 13-18 for 192 yds, so not sure why people are worried about him. And it was JG's first live action at this level. And he threw 2 deep balls that should have been completions, and I still think Palmer never let that ball hit the ground, although I understand there was not clear enough to overturn the call on the field. IMO the QB position is in good shape.

Reactions: 5 people
Our defense is suspect

I agree with JG.. Go with Dormandy.. He's clearly better right now. The defense is the part that is worrisome. I thought for the Vols to surprise this year the defense was going to have to look a lot better. Looks like more of the same to me. Everybody gets all butthurt when these media people pick you to win 7 games or so. Looks about right right now with what we've seen so far.

LOL! 2 inexperienced QBs and a bunch of young receivers gaining experience with each other in live action, continuing to get their timing in sync. They will be fine. QD missed the 2 deep throws, yes, but they were overthrows, not under throws, which shows he has the arm strength, and can adjust to his receivers' varying speeds with more reps. He was 13-18 for 192 yds, so not sure why people are worried about him. And it was JG's first live action at this level. And he threw 2 deep balls that should have been completions, and I still think Palmer never let that ball hit the ground, although I understand there was not clear enough to overturn the call on the field. IMO the QB position is in good shape.

Agree. QB is not what we need to worry about at all. OL and RB look pretty good too.

I'm not sure the Florida game will tell us more than what we already know. UF offense looked horrendous in their game against Michigan. IMO, the season comes down to that 3 game stretch with Georgia, S. Carolina and then @ Alabama.

If Tennessee can win 2 of 3, they have still have a chance for a trip to Atlanta and a good bowl game. Drop 2 or all three, then the meltdown will begin.

We have some work to do along the OL and the defensive front to have a chance to win all 3 of those games.

Georgia appears to have more talent than us, South Carolina appears pretty well coached - and beating Alabama at Alabama -- will not happen. I think 1/2 is most likely and that might be generous.

I am afraid well finish 7-5. Heck, I am not sure Curry would fire him for 6-6. Which is a shame. We need a brand name coach. Would be nice to get in on the Chip Kelly sweepstakes or hire a proven Power 5 coordinator.

When I look at what Michigan has become under Harbaugh, it amazes me. They lost 10 starters off that defense but look at them. I'd love to see us play that level of defense again. Can't stand the guy but he can flat out coach. It tempts me to make the proverbial deal with the devil and agree with you n Kelly. He's not one of my favorites, but after drifting like ship without a rudder for a while now, I'm very tempted by the thought of getting Kelly. Don't see a chance in hell UT would ever....EVER...make such a splash hire. Alabama, Michigan....those types make bold, expensive moves like that. We do not. Still, it's fun to dream from time to time. UT keeps winning 8 and making a bowl game and the admin will be fine with the status quo. We are what we are.

only complains I have is with jumper playing....other than that playcall has been very bland...if you say so otherwise your lying to yourself.....can we please start a petition to play ingot instead

VN Store

Back