It's gonna be a long season

tennfanatic

Unless things change, I see us losing three out of the last four games. We have no passing game, a terrible secondary, no pass rush and a coach that is clueless. That game yesterday against one of the worst teams in the country, made me want to claw my eyes out. We should have been able to submit our will on Indiana State and we struggled to move the football against them.

Outside of Callaway our receivers are horrendous and that's putting it nicely. I also wasn't impressed with our oline against an undersized Indiana State team. USC, UF, and UGA are probably gonna beat us and then we travel to Tuscaloosa and we'll get beat by 40 in that game. If we lose next week to UF, get the liquor ready cause we'll probably a 6-6 team.

Reactions: 9 people
Already 2 games over... Just 10 to 12 more left for the season :( and then the long long long off season!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Unless things change, I see us losing three out of the last four games. We have no passing game, a terrible secondary, no pass rush and a coach that is clueless. That game yesterday against one of the worst teams in the country, made me want to claw my eyes out. We should have been able to submit our will on Indiana State and we struggled to move the football against them.

Outside of Callaway our receivers are horrendous and that's putting it nicely. I also wasn't impressed with our oline against an undersized Indiana State team. USC, UF, and UGA are probably gonna beat us and then we travel to Tuscaloosa and we'll get beat by 40 in that game. If we lose next week to UF, get the liquor ready cause we'll probably a 6-6 team.

:shakehead:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm reserving judgment til after the visit to the SWAMP.
A win there will get us back to the Jones ceiling of 8-4.

Reactions: 2 people
afraid you might be right - Jacksonville state held GT to 300 yards of offense --- SC, Vandy, Ala, Fla, Ga, LSU, much better defense than we have. Looking somewhat dicey.

Reactions: 4 people
Too early and too many people declaring the season a wash at 2-0. Florida is the game that will tell us how the season goes. Not sure what the expectation was for this for most of you but experts seem to be saying we are playing better than expected especially on offense. Calm down you worry warts.

Reactions: 2 people
2 WINS and 0 Losses.

I'll take that as a beginning.

Next we're off to that nasty swamp to get a WIN against the swamp lizards.

This time next week we'll have gator belts, billfolds and purses on sale.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, OP, and after Irma ravages most of the South it will strengthen back to CAT 5 and wipe out Neyland Stadium. The storm surge from the Tennessee River will be awful, just awful.

7 wins was my prediction for the season with the hope we can get to Nashville in a bowl. When I look at this team, I see very suspect talent on both LOS. Yes our OL is a year older but that doesn't mean they're a better unit. The DL is extremely worrisome. No proven depth and injury prone. Performances on the field to date looks a lot like last year. Some glaring issues remain and the players who kept our collective heads above water are now playing in the NFL. Don't see the replacements on the roster yet. Pretty clear our personnel is limited. We are what we are. Just hoping the move toward the youth on this team continues and is accelerated. If I were the head coach, I'd tell my staff to push, push, push the play and development of our younger players. We will take our lumps but that's coming this season regardless. Martin is a perfect example. You have a ton of evidence on him and what he's going to give you. Definition of insanity comes to mind. I'd be grooming a couple of our younger corners and get them on the field as soon as humanly possible. I'm fine with youngsters making mistake but not from guys with the experience Martin has.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I am afraid well finish 7-5. Heck, I am not sure Curry would fire him for 6-6. Which is a shame. We need a brand name coach. Would be nice to get in on the Chip Kelly sweepstakes or hire a proven Power 5 coordinator.

Too early and too many people declaring the season a wash at 2-0. Florida is the game that will tell us how the season goes. Not sure what the expectation was for this for most of you but experts seem to be saying we are playing better than expected especially on offense. Calm down you worry warts.

There are very few teams playing like they want to right now. Even Alabama got gashed yesterday. Wonder if USC fans are whining about winning?

Well the real season begins now so we're going to start finding out. Team has a lot of warts. I'm afraid they're going to start showing up next week. UF having two weeks to get a game plan together for this defense is worrisome. They're going to attack the edges, that you can take to the bank.

First off triple option is a difficult to defend when ran right. Second we probably ran same 5 plays against Indiana State yesterday. When we get into sec play every game will be a chess match. That's the way it's been for the last 5 years. But yeah I don't think anyone expected us to drop 77 on Indiana State. It's not how Butch rolls..

Florida game doesn't mean much. Didn't last year anyway.

VN Store

Back