Ann Coulter vs. Delta

Well, we know Clearwater supports hypocrisy. We'll just add Huff to that list as well.

Thread starts out bashing a conservative talking head being a reason that people think all repubs are bigots for actions on a plane.

Someone posts that they think it's funny how she was flying coach.

I ask "And..." hoping to get an explanation as to why that's funny.

Someone replies to me as a counter to the previous "funny" post by mentioning she should be more like hypocritical lefties and how they choose to fly.

Clearwater posts that he says he doesn't understand what that has to do with anything.

Huff also doesn't understand.

Not understand a response doesn't mean it's not relevant. It could just mean that you're stupid.

So, apparently your argument is that by flying first class she would have impacted carbon levels more?

Not understanding your argument makes you stupid. Of course I am not saying you're stupid. Just a generalization. As a basic premise, arguments should stay with the subject matter at hand. The but so and so did it is a ill conceived argument.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, we know Clearwater supports hypocrisy. We'll just add Huff to that list as well.

Thread starts out bashing a conservative talking head being a reason that people think all repubs are bigots for actions on a plane.

Someone posts that they think it's funny how she was flying coach.

I ask "And..." hoping to get an explanation as to why that's funny.

Someone replies to me as a counter to the previous "funny" post by mentioning she should be more like hypocritical lefties and how they choose to fly.

Clearwater posts that he says he doesn't understand what that has to do with anything.

Huff also doesn't understand.

Not understand a response doesn't mean it's not relevant. It could just mean that you're stupid.

Trying to tie the "hypocritical airplane using left" is about as far as stretch as possible regarding Coulters shenanigans and tomfuqery on the Delta flight.

No tums, it clearly wasn't relevant despite your assertion that folks are too stupid to understand. It was hardly more than a irrelevant, low-rent, cheap shot at the "left" because someone saw the word "planes" and wanted to weigh in.

Reactions: 5 people
Normally, the 'every day' wealthy people do not flaunt their wealth and you'd never know they were wealthy. The ones that 'look' wealthy usually aren't and owe for everything they have.

My parents married 42 years ago and started out with nothing. My dad made the most at his job but never made over $25 an hour. Both my parents retired in their early 50's. They are multimillionaires today. Still buy most of their clothes at Walmart. House was paid for the day they moved in 36 years ago. Pay cash for everything.

Sibling and their spouse regularly made 6 figures annually. Took lavish trips. Drove BMW's. Ate out every night. Pay their adult kids' ways through life. Bought big boats and then big trucks to pull said big boats. Parked big boats in front yard so neighbors would be envious. Today...broke as $h1t and struggling to make ends meet as he lost his job a few years back.

Becoming wealthy is not that difficult. 'Keeping up with the Joneses' will ruin you.

Haha my wife is the same way, she says how do these country people have a huge truck, boat, trailer of atv's, etc.

I said big boat, big note. It's all one pink slip away from going back to the dealership.

Reactions: 2 people
So, story time.

GV was wandering through VN one day and happened upon a thread about Ann Coulter. After clicking on the thread, he was rightly amused by her doing _____________________ (can someone please fill in the blank for those of us which have no ****ing idea what's going on)

And they all lived happily ever after chuckling at Coulter's expense. The end.

I worked directly for a CEO for a few years. He splurged on some things, but usually when he just wanted the limelight. It wasn't uncommon for him to fly coach or the budget airlines. He was worth around 50 million at the time.

My boss always flew coach, even on overseas flights. That way none of us could complain. Saved him a bundle.

Normally, the 'every day' wealthy people do not flaunt their wealth and you'd never know they were wealthy. The ones that 'look' wealthy usually aren't and owe for everything they have.

My parents married 42 years ago and started out with nothing. My dad made the most at his job but never made over $25 an hour. Both my parents retired in their early 50's. They are multimillionaires today. Still buy most of their clothes at Walmart. House was paid for the day they moved in 36 years ago. Pay cash for everything.

Sibling and their spouse regularly made 6 figures annually. Took lavish trips. Drove BMW's. Ate out every night. Pay their adult kids' ways through life. Bought big boats and then big trucks to pull said big boats. Parked big boats in front yard so neighbors would be envious. Today...broke as $h1t and struggling to make ends meet as he lost his job a few years back.

Becoming wealthy is not that difficult. 'Keeping up with the Joneses' will ruin you.

Your parents seems like they did very well for themselves. I agree with the keeping up with the Joneses statement but I also think it does you no good to have money if you're not going to enjoy it. I know millionaires who never travel or see the world, they stay couped up in their house penny pinching daily. To me that's no way to live

Reactions: 3 people
Your parents seems like they did very well for themselves. I agree with the keeping up with the Joneses statement but I also think it does you no good to have money if you're not going to enjoy it. I know millionaires who never travel or see the world, they stay couped up in their house penny pinching daily. To me that's no way to live

I've actually finally talked my parents into enjoying it now that they've busted their butts and saved and invested. They will buy an occasional UA garment and my mom likes her shoes. Haha.

They live in a nice 2000 sq ft house. Just paid cash for a new SUV. They went to Hawaii twice. On an Alaskan cruise. Been to other places in the US. But they simply don't live above their means. But it's also about perspective too. They enjoy working outside every day. They will take an occasional day trip with their 'vacation funds' they have set aside. That's what they enjoy though. They lead a simple life and are as happy as pie doing so.

Some people aren't though. They have to have the latest and greatest in everything. A new car every 2 years. Fanciest clothes. Nicest restaurants, etc. It's just perspective IMO.

There's a nice place between the pendulum extremes between saving all of your money and spending all of your money. Enjoy a nice vacation and drive a decent car while you still can.

What good does having millions of dollars do for you when you're on your deathbed? I will bet that when one looks back over their life and has regrets, it's that they wish they had vacationed more, spent time with family and friends more, enjoyed the outdoors more and experienced a little of life's pleasures more. I doubt it will be that they wish they had worked more and saved more money!

I've actually finally talked my parents into enjoying it now that they've busted their butts and saved and invested. They will buy an occasional UA garment and my mom likes her shoes. Haha.

They live in a nice 2000 sq ft house. Just paid cash for a new SUV. They went to Hawaii twice. On an Alaskan cruise. Been to other places in the US. But they simply don't live above their means. But it's also about perspective too. They enjoy working outside every day. They will take an occasional day trip with their 'vacation funds' they have set aside. That's what they enjoy though. They lead a simple life and are as happy as pie doing so.

Some people aren't though. They have to have the latest and greatest in everything. A new car every 2 years. Fanciest clothes. Nicest restaurants, etc. It's just perspective IMO.

Everyone enjoys their lives their own way. Good for them!! Alaska is an amazing place to visit

Reactions: 1 person
I know millionaires who never travel or see the world, they stay couped up in their house penny pinching daily. To me that's no way to live

Security is worth a lot to some people.

Traveling is overrated, IMO. I've always come back from vacation more exhausted and backed up at work than I was before I left.

There's a nice place between the pendulum extremes between saving all of your money and spending all of your money. Enjoy a nice vacation and drive a decent car while you still can.

What good does having millions of dollars do for you when you're on your deathbed? I will bet that when one looks back over their life and has regrets, it's that they wish they had vacationed more, spent time with family and friends more, enjoyed the outdoors more and experienced a little of life's pleasures more. I doubt it will be that they wish they had worked more and saved more money!

My family and I like Disney World a lot. I know for a fact my dad isn't the wildest about us going every couple of years but it's all about perspective again.

My trips aren't put on credit. We and the kids are making great memories. My retirement is coming along nicely. I only have a mortgage. I have no desire to retire in my early 50's, but I will retire early.

Perspective.

Anyway, enough about my parents.

Wth is this thread about anyway? 😁

Seriously..

I saw Disney. I got an annual pass because of my family coming here all the time. I get to go 3 days in a row with rug rats in August..........

I haven't read much of this stupid thread, but if she paid extra for a certain seat and they kicked her out of it, I'd be pissed too.

Seriously..

I saw Disney. I got an annual pass because of my family coming here all the time. I get to go 3 days in a row with rug rats in August..........

August...oh my...yeah we tend to go just after schools up north start and before fall breaks. If not then, after fall breaks and before Thanksgiving. Avoid all kinds of people and the suffocating weather. Boom.

Maybe that's why she has millions...? She's a frugal bigot. (And I'm a conservative)

LOL, yeah I hear you. I'm just saying - steerage passengers are always going to get treated like steerage passengers.

I mean, it's not as if this isn't in their S.O.P. - Delta is kind of known for this sh|t.

In my experience, Delta is definitely the best of a bad lot as far as domestic airlines go. I fly them probably 95%+ of the time. When I have flown another airline (US Airways or American, now the same company) about 50% of the time there has been some BS (non-weather) delay or outright cancellation. They have hung me out to dry so many times; stranded at airports, arriving/getting back home at ridiculous hours, etc. Delta has hung me out to dry too, but nowhere near 50% of the time and when I complain they give me stuff.

I've never flown a foreign airline but hear that they blow US airlines out of the water.

southwest is best in my experience. But i hate them all and the whole process with a seething rage.

VN Store

Back