Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already calling it a breakout spring for Williams. Wow! That's what I wanted to hear. Hopefully the same news drops about Warrior and AJ!

Reactions: 2 people
"Spoke to a couple of sources today about practice. Both Quinten and Jarrett had really solid days and both made plays. One source telling me that Quinten looked really comfortable and threw it well. Up front the offense line continues to impress as Jashon and Coleman Thomas had nice days. Was a big bounce back for Thomas as he started slow on Tuesday. Latrell Williams made some nice plays as he continues to show flashes of being a welcomed addition to an inexperienced group. We will update more as we talk to more people."

- Price

Reactions: 9 people
Rather than quote each of you, I would like to take this opportunity to point out the smart asseries that you all are. And I'd like to also shine the light on that you guys actually knew that Pantene was a shampoo.

Well first, thank you. It's good to excel at something, even if it is Smart Assery.

And second, women, lots of them, all in close orbit to me. So much estrogen. But they do have pretty hair. And they smell good. So that's good.

Last edited:
"made" in the context I used it means he was the reason the movie was good, not that he was the producer. As in "Robin Williams made Aladdin." If you weren't so desperate to win an e-argumemt you would read the context clues.

And with your logic applied to music: "Britney Spears is the best vocalist of her decade, because she made hit after hit. She's worth hundreds of millions. If you think her voice is so mediocre, how about you go to open mic night at Sassy Ann's tonight and prove it?

I did do the open mic. And all of my jokes got laughs. I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that if you critique someone who is wildly successful to the point that their face and name is worth millions, it just bleeds of jealousy. And as an aspiring comic, seeing one of my role models being trashed by someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about is going to make me want to defend them. It's ok if you don't understand their humor. But that's not a reason to **** on them

Reactions: 5 people
And they still managed to get to an SEC championship game unlike our magnificent hires.

Agree 100% with poster above, their AD is the best in the business.

Look at it away from a Tennessee standpoint. The SEC East is one of the worst divisions in america. Florida is not anywhere close to a national contender and they should be, much more so than us.

So who in the East has better returning talent?

Barnett is the big one. The others will be replaced. And the lines are veterans now. The 4-5 star guys are the older guys now so when will they dominate?

This should be a good team. But expecting dominance is ridiculous. I do agree, the potential is there to play dominantly. There is also potential to fail spectacularly if some things don't go right. I figure the best to hope for is a little of both.

I know there are a lot of people talking out of their a$$ on here because we don't have any football goin on except practices... But just because we didn't do well this season defensively (no matter if you want to admit it or not the injuries played a huge role) you can not forget about the kind of coach Shoop is... He is a very high Football IQ guy and that hasn't changed. Shoop didn't miraculously lose his mind when he became the DC here... Patience is a virtue, and it's time to learn some.

Reactions: 10 people
Apparently so. What happened to Shoop?

I thought he would be the answer. I am not so sure.

If we can't get pressure and can't stop the run we will be in trouble.

He is coaching spring without Vickers, Tuttle and Kmac(no contact), phillips( no contact), Gaulden, Berry, Abernathy but yeah let's just say he is a lost cause. Never understand this logic

Reactions: 7 people
I know there are a lot of people talking out of their a$$ on here because we don't have any football goin on except practices... But just because we didn't do well this season defensively (no matter if you want to admit it or not the injuries played a huge role) you can not forget about the kind of coach Shoop is... He is a very high Football IQ guy and that hasn't changed. Shoop didn't miraculously lose his mind when he became the DC here... Patience is a virtue, and it's time to learn some.

Sal Sunseri coached a heck of a group of LB's at Alabama during his tenure. What he did lose was Nick Saban.

What I saw on defense last year was not what I expected from Shoop.

I hope he turns it around but you can't possibly think the D was up to snuff last year.

That is what I am basing my comments on. Not 3 days of spring ball.

I hope we show much improvement this year on the D line and the ability to stop the run.

What I saw on defense last year was not what I expected from Shoop.

I hope he turns it around but you can't possibly think the D was up to snuff last year.

That is what I am basing my comments on. Not 3 days of spring ball.

I hope we show much improvement this year on the D line and the ability to stop the run.
Please explain to us what you saw....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back